Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love me some Journey. For a year I played Faithfully to get my boys up and ready for school!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I hear the drums echo....

Yeah.
Don't test my ability to be a DJ.
We'll be here until the sun rises.

Then, I'll make a pot of coffee and we'll continue....
I only have the rest of my life to go...
How 'bout you?

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m really missing the military Scott. Especially the adrenaline rush...... I shot sniper rifles out of MH-6’s....... aka Hughes 500’s. Rolled a couple inflight while strapped to the bench/sniper seat....... hehe

Can I say that I miss the military when I have dreams of once again attending boot and landing in country, lost, searching for my unit?
Yeah, nightmares....
Though I speak the language, no one can help me....
Yes, I dream in foreign languages....
I wander, still lost.....

I feel as Michael Valentine Smith....

Some will know of whom I speak of...

Grok?

Scott

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love ya like a brother Scott. It’s almost 0400 I better try to get some shut eye. I got rug rat duty........

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be well, my Brother.

I'm sure that I'm needed to fix jacks for my selector Friends.

Seems we all are needed in someone's life.

Let's not let them down, shall we?

Best Wishes, Brother!
Keep an extra mag in your hip pocket, just in case, dig?
I do.

Later,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I once spent 12 hours during a bivouac crawling through mud for 50 yards wearing a ghillie suit just to touch a Drill Sergeant on the shoulder and say, "Tag."

He slept. I didn't.

I was then chosen to teach others....

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's 0600 and I'm a grown man.
What is the only thing that I fear?

Yeah, Sleep.

The Vets I spoke with told me that they sometimes saw their Friends die while they slept.

How can I sleep knowing that?

Damn it so much!
I'm crying now, but don't tell anyone....
Vets often cry in silence....
And their tears only fall in Heaven....
The pain is real even if the scars don't show....

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And when things get tough join in RC...... make yourself cold, wet and sandy[emoji41]

Winter will be back soon enough.

Fumbled a cent the other day that was destined for my pocket when putting some singles from change in my wallet while seated in the truck.
It landed in the wallet so I turned it upside down and shook it out.
About a teaspoon of sand came with it....
My cards and papers suffer dearly from such crunchiness. Antiques made while you wait kind of wear.
About time to tear down the mini revolver again for another sand check too. Not that a little sand would hinder either of us.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

Well it was actually filmed in Alberta so about 3,000 miles west of me. And yes some pretty rugged country but also some beautiful scenery.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hey Uncle Bill I’m watching the Revenant with DiCaprio. They say it was filmed in Canada. Some harsh terrain there. Is it close to you?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uncle Bill I was getting worried about you friend. Thanks for the information!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow it has rained a lot this summer. About 2 weeks left until school starts there about. I had soooo many plans to be out on the boat. It rained awhile ago. The 12 y/o looked out the front door. He said “ Grampa is this Irma again?” Haha

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

Here just the opposite....we are coming off of about 1 month with high heat and pretty much zero rain. Finally starting yesterday and today some serious rain which should help the garden, lawns, etc....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow it has rained a lot this summer. About 2 weeks left until school starts there about. I had soooo many plans to be out on the boat. It rained awhile ago. The 12 y/o looked out the front door. He said “ Grampa is this Irma again?” Haha

Nope. Not Irma. It's her little sister. Ima. Full name ,Ima Rain Onya.:laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
2GF,

Here just the opposite....we are coming off of about 1 month with high heat and pretty much zero rain. Finally starting yesterday and today some serious rain which should help the garden, lawns, etc....

Our hot spell was broken by three days of rain , followed by another mosquito hatch...
A.C. effect on the electric bill was impressive on the last one.
Beats snow and ice though! For now anyways.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result. - Sir Winston Churchill

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw the funniest T-shirt. Even my wife laughed. I think I’ll get one
Proud sponsor of
L. G. B. T.

Liquor
Guns
Beer
T= boobies, but the other word.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISTORY 101
Beer and the Wheel

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel.

Beer required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture.

Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

The wheel was invented to get man to the beer and vice versa. These two were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals.

2. Conservatives.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were less skilled at hunting (called 'vegetarians' which was an early human word meaning 'bad hunter') learned to live off the Conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hairdressing. This was the beginning of the liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men “evolved” into women. Others became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that Conservatives provided.

Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass for obvious reasons.

Modern Liberals like special flavored beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine spritzers or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: many liberal women have higher testosterone levels than their men.

Most college professors, social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, film makers in Hollywood, group therapists and community organizers are liberals. Liberals meddled in our national pastime and invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink real beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are members of the military, big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, airline pilots, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other Conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when Conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history. It should be noted that a liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to this post.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be shared immediately to other true believers and to just piss-off more liberals.

And there you have it. Let your next action reveal your true self, I'm going to grab a few beers and grill some steaks! Right after I forward this message

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K:
Realistically, I'd claim the prize anonymously, through a trusted lawyer.
Then, I would hire a reputable account expert to manage the money.
I do not think you will ever find one. My youngest brother is one of those money grubbing pigs, AKA: lawyers, now a politician in Georgia. A friend of mine was a judge, on his office wall was a painting two farmers in a tug of war over a cow. There was a lawyer seated on a milking stool, milking the cow as the farmers tugged away.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread