Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The little boy wasn't getting good marks in school.

One day he made the teacher quite surprised.
He tapped her on the shoulder and said, "I don't want to scare you, but my daddy says if I don't get better grades, somebody is going to get a spanking."

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In high school I was voted most likely to join the circus...... in a way, I guess I did! Hahaha🙃🙃🤪[emoji41]

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 12 y/o grandsons’ coach keeps stats. Remember he gave us crap about him pitching. So far he has pitched the most strikeouts, the less walks and has the best ERA........ I want so hard to say Coach, I told you so” but that’s not me.......

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

The fact your grandson grabs victory from the jaws of defeat should be the best payback for both of you.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joke of the day — One Sunday morning, a wife complained of a bad stomach ache and wouldn't be able to attend the church service, so her husband went alone. When he returned later, he had two black eyes!

When she asked what happened, he explained that when everyone rose to sing a hymn, he noticed the lady in the pew in front of him had her dress tucked into her rear end. Well, being ever the gentleman, he figured she wouldn't want to be seen that way, so he reached forward and pulled it out for her. She turned around and slugged him in the eye!

"But," his wife said, "how did the OTHER eye get black too?"

He explained: "When she turned back around, I was still a bit stunned, but I thought to myself she must have wanted it there, so I reached forward and gently tucked it back in."

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have SIX grand young’uns, 8 if you consider my sons exes kids who call me Grampa. Their grandparents have passed. So we fulfill that role with them too. 2 of which my wife and I have raised since birth. I played baseball for 10 years. I also coached little league, and coached Pop Warner football.

I was an all purpose baseball player. I played every position but first base. My pitch specialty was the knuckleball. I am a switch hitter ( ok no jokes there guys) I had a left handed batting average of .417 and right .475

Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Pete Rose ( yes I said Rose, he never did anything wrong) Catfish Hunter and Phil Neikro and his brother Joe, were my childhood heroes. Along with the tv show David Carradine (Kung fu) and Jacques Cousteau

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have SIX grand young’uns, 8 if you consider my sons exes kids who call me Grampa. Their grandparents have passed. So we fulfill that role with them too. 2 of which my wife and I have raised since birth. I played baseball for 10 years. I also coached little league, and coached Pop Warner football.

I was an all purpose baseball player. I played every position but first base. My pitch specially was the knuckleball. I am a switch hitter ( ok no jokes there guys) I had a left handed batting average of .417 and right .475

Pretty common for grandparents to play the role of parents anymore. At the start of school year, when I was working, it was the grandmothers who were griping about the high price of school supplies because they were taking care of it. Don't know what happened but last few generations have children with all the thought of cats. Well, taxpayers having to pay for irresponsible behavior is what happened.
Did you play professionally? I think of baseball as a more cerebral game than football.
Last time I really paid attention to sports was when the Steelers were a dynasty. Those long passes by Terry Bradshaw were fascinating. I was always drawn to people doing things well even if I was not interested particularly in the person or the activity.
I did learn to play tennis. Got a beautiful Yonex racquet which is about forty years old. Started watching tennis cause of Chris Evert and her little skirt ;)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread