CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two boys are arguing when the teacher enters the classroom. The teacher says, “What are you two arguing about?”

One boy answers, “We found a ten-dollar bill and decided whoever tells the biggest lie gets to keep it.”

“You two should be ashamed of yourselves,” said the teacher. “When I was your age, I didn’t even know what a lie was.”

The boys looked at each other and handed the ten dollars to the teacher.

A similar event that I witnessed....

Once, after riding 150 miles on my sled, I pulled into a small town and saw the lights were on at a beer joint.
I wheeled my bike to a stop, put the kickstand down and went inside to slake my thirst.

There were only three people inside. The bartender made four.
I looked around the joint and saw two at the bar, nursing beers.
The other fellow was laying on a pool table.

I ordered a long neck and took a long pull.
As it washed down the road dust, I couldn't help myself and said, "I'll give $20 to the laziest SOB in here."

One of the guys at the bar turned to me and said, "I reckon I'll be claimin' that $20."

As I started to hand him the Jackson, the guy layin' on the pool table said, "Not so fast. Roll me over and put it in my pocket."

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday was Veterans Court.

Before court, in the hallway, I met with my Guys, signed their papers, talked with them about how the session would go.
All said that they were good to go.

As the session was played out, ALL of my Guys were on the "Top Team," showing progress in their commitment to their advancement!

Then, near the end of the session, a couple of Vets were in attendance who were "new-comers."
One was led in wearing hand cuffs, jail grey and white stripes and jail flip-flops for shoes.
I found it hard not to cry seeing a fellow Vet like this....

They stood in front of Judge Roberts and both were asked if they were ready to accept responsibility for their situation and be admitted to Veterans Court.
They both did.
They raised their right hands and swore, as all in Veterans Court have, to basically follow the rules, respect the court, respect the Volunteer Mentors and respect themselves.
After Court, I met with Keith, the Director of Mentorship, and said, "I want to be Xxxxx's Mentor."
He agreed.
I introduced myself to Xxxxx and gave him my phone number and told him that He is not alone.

Yeah, I now have another Vet to Mentor! :hello2:

I'm at 6 now. 3 more and we can field a baseball team!

I love my Vet Brothers and they know that I'm ALWAYS there for them.

Hope all are well!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was the first payment due of the Weasel.

After waiting nearly 2 hours at a local McDonalds for him to show up, he arrived.
He didn't have the prescribed $500, but he had coins that he hoped for me to accept in addition to the cash in hand.

Long story short, I chose silver and other items to make up the difference.

I had bought a receipt book and made out the receipt for cash tendered and coins equalling the amount owed.
I said that the wait was unacceptable and in the future, my time would dictate whether or not I accepted his offer less than the $500 agreed to.
DON'T BE LATE AGAIN!

I must be diligent of his offer of silver because he has offered fakes to me previously.....
But, ole Scotty knows his Silver. Dig?
I've only been collecting for some 50 years.....

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today at work, as I was under a jack changing a drive tire, Boss came in and said, Scott, you want to make some money after work?"
I slid out from under the jack, reached for a rag to wipe my hands and said, "Tell me more."
He said that a guy in Administration was looking for a guy to do some electrical work at his house.
I said, "I'm listening."
Something about removing a 4 foot fluorescent fixture in his kitchen and installing a motion detector LED fixture.
So, I went and talked with Kevin and I agreed to do the job tonight after work.

s-l225.jpg

(Helpful image of similar fixture)

It only took me about a half hour and I quoted him $20 for the job.
When I finished, he paid me $35.
I also re-attached a shower knob of a uni fixture that had become detached because the screw had backed out.

Kevin and I also discussed installing a wooden fence in his back yard.
I got this!
He said that he'd have to check with his wife and the HOA group before we proceeded.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Helpful image of the type fence that we talked about)

Really, is there anything that Scotty can't do?

When I was younger, I had many different jobs.
My Mom worried about her Son.
She said, "Scott, you only had that last job for only a year, now you are on to a new job."
I said, "Mom, I have a plan. If one is locked into a certain occupation, say an Accountant, when they find themself unemployed, they will search the jobs looking for accountants. I am skilled in many occupations. I can find a job anywhere in the WORLD. Wherever I choose to call my home.
I love you, Mom."

She smiled, we hugged and I knew that she understood.

Have you ever had such a conversation with your Mother?

Best,

Scott

ADDED:
The next day Kevin came to the maintenance shop to thank me again!
He said that he would certainly recommend me to his Friends and that he would call upon me for ALL of his maintenance needs!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long minute since I've been camping....
The weekend forecast is rain in the mountains....
But, does Scotty care about rain?

Depending upon unforseen obligations, shall we go camping this weekend?

Perhaps an opportunity to check on my treasure buried for all to find.
I'm sure it is still safe and snug in my beloved North Georgia Mountains....

Scott

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Argggh.
Sorry to read about your bud Diesel. A good thing ,you two crossing paths when you did.

After so much of my life being broke while still working hard and moonlighting to boot.... I have more than lint in my pocket.
Been putting a will together though not at an age where I have to , according to some. Having been too close to gone once , I figure it needs doing. What a mess though when I've not kept up on everything......
So far my second ex wife who I would not hand a cent to , was in line for at least 65 grand......See what I mean?:BangHead:

I do see what you mean, Jeff used to tell me almost every time I spoke to him that I was supposed to get his land if something happened to him. He never got around to getting a will done. I ended up buying his land from his dad, at a discount though. One of my boys will get it at some point.

Like you I came from extreme poverty, working hard and staying focused and responsible can definitely lift anyone out of poverty in our country. Always seems someone is trying to take it away though...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
diesel,

Sorry about your loss, but glad you have fond memories to remember him by. Life marches on so we all have to roll with the punches thrown our way.

Your right Bill, sometimes the punches are powerful and quick. But I always end up smiling when I think of Jeff! My one year old son now has a middle name of Jeff in his honor.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clock ticks loudly of my need to move.
I have expanded my options to include: Florida, Tennessee, North and South Carolina and other locations that a transfer is possible.

Anyone have info of where I might land?

Scott

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Helps me sometimes

I love that song, it used to be played all the time on a radio show in the Pacific Northwest on weekend evenings. Music with Moscowitz I believe the show was called. It played lots of strange songs.

Dueling Dorks was one of these songs as well! Lol

<iframe src="https://archive.org/embed/ArtistUnknownDuellingDorks" width="500" height="140" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The clock ticks loudly of my need to move.
I have expanded my options to include: Florida, Tennessee, North and South Carolina and other locations that a transfer is possible.

Anyone have info of where I might land?

Scott

I’d stick somewhere warm!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sometimes I feel as a lost soul....

Once, as the lead guitarist of a no name band, ("From The Street") we paid to record 3 songs at a local studio.
We practiced for hours before we went to the studio.
We even performed live on stage a couple of times before we went to the studio.....
The recording went well and to this day, I wish that I still had a copy of the recording....
One of the songs was an original composition of mine.
I can still play the rhythm and lead and can direct the bass.
Of course I still remember my lyrics....
The title of the song was, "Try to See it."
Back when I played an Ovation.....

Some things are lost to the past, and some things are always with you....
Sometimes, those things are the same.....

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread