Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In losing my older dog, my own mortality has hit me in the face. My friend an 0-5 Commander and Seal Team 6 member retired. He wasn’t answering my emails. I found out he committed suicide February 25, 2018...........

I was telling my son and I said to him, what the hell do you do when Superman commits suicide?” My son thought about it for a minute. He hugged me and said “Dad, make yourself cold, wet and sandy.......and you become Superman,” I’ve done well........

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else obsessed with the JFK assassination like me????? There are as many theories as there are people reading about it. Well I think I’ve found the answer. Oh my is this book quite plausible? If you’re interested I suggest “Mortal Error” by Bonar Menninger. This book puts everything and everyone in their place. It’s both brilliant and believable. The final shot, was a complete accident. Fantastic read...... let me know what you think. Talk to me Goose......

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody else obsessed with the JFK assassination like me????? There are as many theories as there are people reading about it. Well I think I’ve found the answer. Oh my is this book quite plausible? If you’re interested I suggest “Mortal Error” by Bonar Menninger. This book puts everything and everyone in their place. It’s both brilliant and believable. The final shot, was a complete accident. Fantastic read...... let me know what you think. Talk to me Goose......

Ahh. Ballistics...

Not sure I agree with Oswald's first shot a miss due to scope alignment. Was the rifle tested after?
If meaning operator error , multiple things including improper trigger work , cheek weld, ect. just as easily be claimed.

IF Hickey's gun handling was as claimed , not good. I'm not criticizing with his being under stress but getting locked on before switching to fire position in the midst of lots of folks makes sense. But training and muscle memory matters too.
I'm on a target before throwing a safety. Having had to do so after a failed squeeze has happened. But fire was controlled. (No , I don't hunt grizz or brown bear fortunately...)

And of course , "IF" again , he was standing on an unstable cushion seat and planning on shooting offhand ....He would only have been returning fire , with very low odds of it being effective even for suppression...Again , he was likely reacting instead of responding. His butt on the floor might have given him a place to rest the fore end, or not. And he may not have had a clear line of fire/other passengers.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a street light across Elm st and an Oak tree...... the AR was kept locked and loaded safety off for quick access.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quick ain't always good if error results..
Practice and muscle memory deal with safeties. Again though ,training and procedure factor.
I don't know the training involved in that case.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences Togreenfeet.

Mark Twain said that getting into heaven is based on grace, if it were based on merit your dog would get in and you wouldn't. High praise indeed. Twain also remarked that the only shortcoming of dogs is that they don't live long enough.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences Togreenfeet.

Mark Twain said that getting into heaven is based on grace, if it were based on merit your dog would get in and you wouldn't. High praise indeed. Twain also remarked that the only shortcoming of dogs is that they don't live long enough.

Thank you friend

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick ain't always good if error results..
Practice and muscle memory deal with safeties. Again though ,training and procedure factor.
I don't know the training involved in that case.

And being the Secret Service for years they wouldn’t comment on weapons they carried

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bouncy car not stable, caused George Hickey to pull the trigger...... it was an accident.........

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So anyone still left here?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeup. So school starts here tomorrow. I can’t wait. Grandpa I’m bored. I don’t have anything to do. Really? Then drop and give me 50. Grandpa I’m not that bored........75......... Grandpa! Start pushing til somebody pukes!!!!!!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yup, I’m ready my my 15 year old to go back as well!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread