CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some winter i,m gonna get some fancy t.v. stations to watch.
Seen some years back,"Nooo reservations"a favorite as Anthony seemed to sample culture as well as food, the two are intertwined when in a natural state..
Andrew no slouch, but seemed like things were a challenge to meet more than savor,not for lack of trying,but then bizarre can generate a slight pause.:help:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

Haven't seen it yet, but did see the ad tonight. Will check it out. I did enjoy his series, "No Reservations"

This new production is top notch and I will be watching all of the episodes of it this coming Winter. The handful that I have viewed will give a inside look into almost taboo places on this planet, definitely worth checking out IMO.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some winter i,m gonna get some fancy t.v. stations to watch.
Seen some years back,"Nooo reservations"a favorite as Anthony seemed to sample culture as well as food, the two are intertwined when in a natural state..
Andrew no slouch, but seemed like things were a challenge to meet more than savor,not for lack of trying,but then bizarre can generate a slight pause.:help:

There's tons of episodes on youtube.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There's tons of episodes on youtube.
Sweet. Six minutes in and i,m wanting to see more. Its a capture of food as what it ,well is.
Now,whats to eat around here.Getting sampled out on the latest non cajen dry,( thanks hick store) but added a third of a bottle of hot sauce to previous. Got just right for mild heat without stepping on flavor.Time to check oven again.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andrew's new series, " Bizarre Foods America" is eye-opening. I thought that I foraged and ate different foods, but nowhere near what some folks in the hinterlands of this country feast on.....although I have to admit the one on judging the road-kill cook-off was good, I will admit that a goodly number of furs and animals are picked up by yours truly....Gary

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ummm, not to bad. Yesterdays kinda sweet garliky mildest smoke pepperish,once in a while hint of sweet basil.
Todays similar but a touch of heat and needs more basil, just dried some last week from a sisters plants.
Shoe sole sized pieces, a narrow sole anyway ,a couple uneven going to take another hour or so.

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ummm, not to bad. Yesterdays kinda sweet garliky mildest smoke pepperish,once in a while hint of sweet basil.
Todays similar but a touch of heat and needs more basil, just dried some last week from a sisters plants.
Shoe sole sized pieces, a narrow sole anyway ,a couple uneven going to take another hour or so.

Nothing to do but start a Jerky Thread then?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing to do but start a Jerky Thread then?
Lead on chef!
A portable staple that does not have to be boring.
A compliment to desecrated,errr desiccated vegetables. Mother corn should suffice but those pesky green and the orange seem to make an appearance if guard is let down.
Read a, dry beans after cooking them then crush them before storing. Ever try it?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Question to the both of you.....do you slice you meat for jerky, or us one of those extrusion guns?
Used a gun 2 years.Sticks and thin slabs.
All hand sliced this year.
The arm strong grinder needs a minor h.p. modification.:laughing7:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked because I have always sliced the meat, and had a chance to trysome of the extruded , and didn't like the texture, there's something to having to push your teeth back in after biting a good piece of jerky

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well can't get the puppy to stop chewy on my toes. Time to fight some pirates good night all

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question to the both of you.....do you slice you meat for jerky, or us one of those extrusion guns?

No J gun, just a nice slice while half frozen to get a thin consistency. Then.... I'll go to the refrigerator or to my Y2K shelter in order to pick a sauce to go with it eh... I like a variety of spice and flavor, what can I say?
IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niiice! When the big one is dropped, I'm grabbing my flintlock and possibles and heading to the North West.....Gary

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Niiice! When the big one is dropped, I'm grabbing my flintlock and possibles and heading to the North West.....Gary

Always room, I'll meet you half of the way here, just follow the smoke...

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought for today - -
Love doesn't want people to stay ignorant and frightened. Love doesn't value obedience over all else. Love doesn't judge and find some lives - or loves - more valuable than others. Love doesn't use people and throw them away. Love stays, and makes you stronger, even when the person you love is gone.

— Stacey Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread