Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.

I've just determined that I'll register for the Spring Semester, regardless of whether I owe for withdrawing or not!

I will seek only courses that allow me an Associates Degree.
I only need 2-3 classes.

Let's get one degree before I seek another.

I also learned that through the consolidation of the Universities through the Accredited Colleges,
I also have to declare and achieve a minor Degree to obtain my Bachelor's Degree.

Sheesh.

Keep on raising the bar and make me work for it....

In America, work=success!

In the middle of THIS night!

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
barney2.png

"Gomer, you seein' this?"

"Yeah, Barney, But....."

"Quiet, Gomer....He's...
Gettin'.....
Back in the saddle again!"

"Shazam! Whar's Andy?"

Best,

Scott

PS.
Big Dreams start with baby steps......

Take my hand....​

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
andy.png
"Now looky here, fellas,
I'm sure that Scott knows what's best for him.
And I'm sure that he don't want you boobs worryin' 'bout him.
He'll be alright. Just leave him be,
and I'm sure that he'll prove to one day be somebody."

clint 4.jpg
"Thanks for that testimonial, sheriff,
But, what about his past? How many has he killed? You wanna be the next?"

smith4.jpg

"Yes? We have a fix on the subject?"

"RUN, Scotty! Run!"

Best,

Scott

PS.

giorgio1.jpg
"What an imagination. It's almost juvenile in nature....."

11111superman.jpg

8-)

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm......

Y'all DO know this ain't nothin' but quick-thinkin' improv.....

Right?

Best,

Scott

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Squiggy, if I had anything to do with you leaving us I am truly sorry. Suddenly my Double Chocolate Stout after a trying evening at the asylum doesn't taste too well.... Please reconsider your decision and I will be so bold as to speak for all of us here that we DO NOT WANT YOU TO LEAVE US. I have taken the liberty of starting a hunting and fishing Thread so that some of us here can discuss such things there and not here. I'm sure that everyone can respect one another here and that is what we have built this Thread on from the beginning amongst other aspects of common decency. Let's face it, our range of differences here is what makes this collective so strong, divided we fall. Take this picture for instance, they're the best of pals.

581137_2939494861502_190797952_n.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 886356
"Now looky here, fellas,
I'm sure that Scott knows what's best for him.
And I'm sure that he don't want you boobs worryin' 'bout him.
He'll be alright. Just leave him be,
and I'm sure that he'll prove to one day be somebody."

View attachment 886357
"Thanks for that testimonial, sheriff,
But, what about his past? How many has he killed? You wanna be the next?"

View attachment 886358

"Yes? We have a fix on the subject?"

"RUN, Scotty! Run!"

Best,

Scott

PS.

View attachment 886359
"What an imagination. It's almost juvenile in nature....."

View attachment 886369

8-)

OK.
A non Superman story from when I was 4 or 5 years old.

My Mom had just done laundry and a towel caught my eye.
I knew that if I had a cape that I could fly.

Well,
I snatched that warm towel from the clothesline, climbed to the heights of the garage roof...

and my dream was shattered. Along with my left knee.

But, at the time my only discernible injury was my pride.

Surgeries came later...

More physical injuries occurred later in the army.

Jumpin' from helicopters.

Dang! Tell me where I need to be. I'll walk to get there! Ain't no real need to fall from the sky...

"OK.

I'll do it again, but You're gonna owe me, right?"
bogey.png
(obscure?)

"But, I'm gonna 'freefall...' I don't need a crowd, see, I work alone, savvy?"

Best,

Scott

OH! Just like a book or a movie!

Soon to be a centerfold in a magazine at your local "Stop and Rob."....

What has become of America?

Scott

Many a great writer started by pondering life....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,

Man, be careful, dude. After about 8-10 of those puppies, all of the girls look good.

Umm...what I heard around the campfire....

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the "night owls" who, like me, appreciate great music.
Music that may have played on "The Grand Ole Opry"
Songs like this....

What songs do you remember and why?

I've been open about the stories of my life....

Tell me about your "Friends."

Best,

Scott

Think I'll listen to this while I consider another appointment at the VA...and spring registration, and my volunteer work, and...

DAMMIT!
I may nave lost my academic scores, and :sadsmiley: withdrew from my classes, but as long as I breath,
I will always try to better myself and help others.
Never really depended on the government, or the state. Never really depended on anyone but myself.

Sheesh!
Forget the maid, I need a receptionist!
(and a week-long vacation in the mountains?)

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Morning All,
I wasn't sure if I had gone hunting yesterday or been run over by a Mac truck. My whole body is sore. Day started around 5:30am with DR showing up at my house with posse. Eva immediately gave him a solid licking. DR's wife made a valiant attempt to rescue her husband but ended up getting a solid licking herself. DR and I got in the camaro and the posse went to explore. We showed up at St. Pete beach before sunset and commenced operation find gold. I dragged DR out to the sandbar but the only thing we found was a silver earring. I wasn't keeping a whole eyeball on the time so we had to swim back from the sandbar with our equipment. DR was less then pleased with this, but he did quite well. Around noon we left for a tiny slip of a beach to dig for old things. I found a couple things to post...not sure what DR got. G.I.B. finished his aerial surveillance and met up with this there. As it was sweltering hot, and I was about to collapse, we decided to go out for lunch. After lunch G.I.B. welcomed us to the "happiest place on earth" (his boat.) DR got the tour and I took a slight nap. After that I dropped DR off with his wife in Tampa and came home to get my beating for leaving Eva, baby, and wife alone all day. That didn't help with the soreness. Anyhow, a good time was had by all and it was very relaxing. DR is every bit as intimidating as his moniker and avatar. At times I feared for my life and maintained the politest behavior at all times. The wife is leaving baby with me today and going shopping. Turn about is fair play.

Crispin,

PS. Next Critter up on the list to hunt with...PTC in early November. One by one, I will hunt you all down and make you go hunting with me.

I am finally to a computer instead of my phone for about an hour this morning. Phone battery is no good and dies very quickly if I go online with it...
It was a blast hunting with you and meeting G.I.B.!! You for sure made the best finds of the day. I did get a lot of coins though 8-). The day was absolutely relaxing and enjoyable and next time I come down I hope to be able to meet up with both you and G.I.B. for some more hunting. I am sure you got a kick out of meeting the posse, hopefully they will be a little more "mellow" next time:laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
just found out that the fishing reel thing I found off of St. Pete Beach is a vintage charm. It is stamped STG JMF. The STG means sterling. The JMF stands for J.M. Fisher company. Saw the exact one selling for 180 bucks. Trying to figure out how old it is if anybody can help?

Crispin
That's pretty cool! It is a awesome piece!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squiggy, if I had anything to do with you leaving us I am truly sorry. Suddenly my Double Chocolate Stout after a trying evening at the asylum doesn't taste too well.... Please reconsider your decision and I will be so bold as to speak for all of us here that we DO NOT WANT YOU TO LEAVE US. I have taken the liberty of starting a hunting and fishing Thread so that some of us here can discuss such things there and not here. I'm sure that everyone can respect one another here and that is what we have built this Thread on from the beginning amongst other aspects of common decency. Let's face it, our range of differences here is what makes this collective so strong, divided we fall. Take this picture for instance, they're the best of pals.

View attachment 886371

BB I thank you for your heartfelt post...I am at work and I want to respond in the most meaningful way possible...when I get home early afternoon I will respond...
Thanks,
Barb

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want squiggys to leave either. I need help counterbalancing all the testosterone here! :laughing7:

being my fathers only son and all, hasn't helped..... :laughing7:

I find, I sometimes censor myself and don't say certain things, that may could be deemed hurtful by another.
Not knowing anothers' lot or station in life, words can be hurtful, and the one speaking them, may never even know. I mean, I've stuck my foot in my mouth many times...... I can't believe I told 2gf, that everyone leaves, etc.... I had no idea what he may have been through(I'd have to hope the tbi let's him forget it, lol). 2GF, you know my heart was in right place......
I do think many of us have the ability to be the butt of the joke, can laugh at ourselves, and take life/things a little lighter. It just bites, when one feels, another may not care enough about them, to not be hurtful to them.
I hope I said all that the right way. I do not like confrontations and enmity.

I am and can be very opinionated! I figure, why raise ill hairs among civil folks, that's what the 2nd amend thread is for! :laughing7:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scott,
You featured a George Jones song then asked: "What songs do you remember and why?"
That hit a chord with me since I believe my entire life could be covered by GJ songs.
Here's my connection to this song: I wanted a certain girl to be my bride, but I didn't know how to ask in a manner that she'd remember. So, at a beach bar in Hawaii, many years ago, I pulled out my cassette player and let her listen to this song. I then got on my knee (old school, for sure) and proposed. 36 years later, she's still chooses to be with me--for some unknown reason.
Don.....

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Backbacons well said and well done. Squiggy I don't want you to leave. I honor our differences.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott I began with a garbage bag parachuting off my roof which lead to a great military life of static line jumps, free fall, Halo, and Haho with only 1 broken ankle ....wouldn't trade those memories for a million bucks!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat cat I know everyone leaves but to me here today dead tomorrow isn't cool you just stick around here and be my friend longer than what has been the norm for me. Remember I've lost 56 friends in 30 years so I have a tight circle I don't let many in........you're in so you better stay there just for me!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread