CRISPINS CRITTERS

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Backbacon. I have a fifth of Romanian Moonshine I hand imported so I can really make this! Yum...when are y'all stoppin by to celebrate the govt non-takeover? (Seems worthy of daily celebration...here's to being right again!!)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay.... LOL Make the entire batch and either make some people happy during special occasions by gifting small bottles of it or enjoy this drink recipe in moderation (stores forever in an dark, anaerobic environment). Here's another recipe for the ladies.

BackBacon's (aka BackStrap) Pirate (This recipe is brought to everyone by the letter "ARRRRR") Spiced Banana Flambe And Ice Cream

Heat a non stick pan to medium high heat and add to it..
.5 cup of unsalted butter till melted and heated through then add
3 tablespoons of brown sugar to the pan and mix until it forms a smooth sauce then add
2 bananas cut into 1.5 inch pieces and saute for about 2 mins. Move the contents to the back of the pan leaning it slightly towards you while (still stirring) keeping the front of the pan on the heat source. Now turn your stove to full and heat up the bare part (front) of your pan for about 45 seconds then add
1 Ounce of spiced rum (ARRRR pirate style! ARRRR) to heated part of the exposed pan. ***If you are using a open flame stove be sure to turn off you stove before adding the rum as it will now be time for some flambe action*** heat the rum in the top of the pan until it bubbles slightly then while just starting to stir it with a very long spoon use a BBQ lighter and set it afire. The mix will give off some small blue flames, when they burn out, turn up your heat source back up to medium and continue to stir and cook (the alcohol will burn off and the flame will go out) for another 90 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat source and let rest for 2 min. Serve with Rolo ice cream or whatever type you like. This will serve at least 4 people and this flambe can be blended (without ice cream) into a banana rum sauce and used in a various amount of ways. Adding gelatin to the sauce puree while it is still hot turns out to be a exceptional glaze for cakes and other sweets. Deep fry whole Won Ton wraps and when they "ARRRR" cooled dust them with some powdered sugar and cinnamon. Serve the won ton as a garnish or a "dipper" of sorts for the dessert. Enjoy thoroughly:icon_thumleft:

BackBacon (aka BackStrap)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Backbacon. I have a fifth of Romanian Moonshine I hand imported so I can really make this! Yum...when are y'all stoppin by to celebrate the govt non-takeover? (Seems worthy of daily celebration...here's to being right again!!)

The feeling is mutual my friend. I'll bring the Trout and Moose Meat EH?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't forget the Brador as we still can't get the good stuff down here in the less civilized part of North America!

PS: I grew us in SE Michigan and love Ontario :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
bbcamay.... LOL Make the entire batch and either make some people happy during special occasions by gifting small bottles of it or enjoy this drink recipe in moderation (stores forever in an dark, anaerobic environment). Here's another recipe for the ladies.

BackBacon's (aka BackStrap) Pirate (This recipe is brought to everyone by the letter "ARRRRR") Spiced Banana Flambe And Ice Cream

Heat a non stick pan to medium high heat and add to it..
.5 cup of unsalted butter till melted and heated through then add
3 tablespoons of brown sugar to the pan and mix until it forms a smooth sauce then add
2 bananas cut into 1.5 inch pieces and saute for about 2 mins. Move the contents to the back of the pan leaning it slightly towards you while (still stirring) keeping the front of the pan on the heat source. Now turn your stove to full and heat up the bare part (front) of your pan for about 45 seconds then add
1 Ounce of spiced rum (ARRRR pirate style! ARRRR) to heated part of the exposed pan. ***If you are using a open flame stove be sure to turn off you stove before adding the rum as it will now be time for some flambe action*** heat the rum in the top of the pan until it bubbles slightly then while just starting to stir it with a very long spoon use a BBQ lighter and set it afire. The mix will give off some small blue flames, when they burn out, turn up your heat source back up to medium and continue to stir and cook (the alcohol will burn off and the flame will go out) for another 90 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat source and let rest for 2 min. Serve with Rolo ice cream or whatever type you like. This will serve at least 4 people and this flambe can be blended (without ice cream) into a banana rum sauce and used in a various amount of ways. Adding gelatin to the sauce puree while it is still hot turns out to be a exceptional glaze for cakes and other sweets. Deep fry whole Won Ton wraps and when they "ARRRR" cooled dust them with some powdered sugar and cinnamon. Serve the won ton as a garnish or a "dipper" of sorts for the dessert. Enjoy thoroughly:icon_thumleft:

BackBacon (aka BackStrap)

FIRST day of SPRING would be good... the AMERICAN SPRING!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
BackBacon's (aka BackStrap) Down Home Apple Pie Liqueur
I need this recipe broken down to a single serving!

1. Pour booze on it and serve.

Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 9.53.41 AM.png

(don't worry about the expiration date, darn things last forever)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20130305_145923.jpg
I,ll take two. This little guy is licking the screen,when not chewing my wrist,or bouncing off me. The record is 15 times so far.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Assistant Ambassador of Music,
I offer this intriguing tune.
(As a personal selection; not in affiliation with any entity, faction, group or organazation...)

Purely for your enjoyment...

(Think of Ancient religions and beliefs.....)
Most importantly, THINK!
Then, Learn!
And, to provide a legacy, disseminate that what you have learned!

My Best to our collective coalition!

Scott

PS.
I apologize for my inability to keep up with the thread in a timely manner due to academic obligations.
I hope that Y'all understand....​

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
*Oh-oh *

My intel boys tell me that we may need to stand ready. Washington is amassing a hoard of attackers preparing to quash the rebellion known as Crispin's Critters.

The intel boys were about to reveal ~ and the line went dead

Gubberment takeover.png

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What is his name? I'll add him to the mascot list.

No official name yet, he responds to pooter. He is very upset if not allowed to run the house! Rottweiler wants him for soccer practice,the rest indifferent if they get run time too.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
*Oh-oh *

My intel boys tell me that we may need to stand ready. Washington is amassing a hoard of attackers preparing to quash the rebellion known as Crispin's Critters.

View attachment 753250

DJ, cue the music... EYE OF THE ZOMBIES by John Fogerty!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
*Oh-oh *

View attachment 753250

Let them come! There is one Crispin's Critter in Moria who still draws breath!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the Brador as we still can't get the good stuff down here in the less civilized part of North America!

PS: I grew us in SE Michigan and love Ontario :)

Kevin, please refrain from kissing up to the Canadians, it makes them feel like a real nation

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preperations that you have made.

Financial? Who's gonna get the loot that you've amassed?

Who's gonna get your valuables? Minus probate costs?

My Friends, if your knowledge is passed on, that is your greatest asset, and then, well,
You are one of AU24K's biggest heroes! :hello2:

A lot of angry talk is in the news, pitting one against the other, in terms not seen since the Civil War.
But, to keep from making a political statement,
I only wish for you to help a child in need.

If you really think about it, you can think of a child who needs YOUR imput!

We are ALL Americans and we should treat each other as Family.
Don't you Agree, my Brothers and Sisters?

Same goes for America's Friends.....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let them come! There is one Crispin's Critter in Moria who still draws breath!

Crispin, just in case you get taken out, pm me with location of your cash stash so I can keep the movement going.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friend, Rebel,

Per your request.....

Best,

Scott​

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread