1012878_597701653627283_184827638_n.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,

Don't you get tired of the same old weather? At least here in the North Country we can see the weather change simply by looking out our windows......Gary

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no gmd...the weather here is wicked....
if you don't pay attention to the altitude, you can die fast.
if you don't watch the weather up hill...you die.
oh yea..on paper it is all peaches and cream...but reality is different.

there is a lost hiker...less than twenty miles from where I sit...he was skilled and experience young an tough...took an over nighter into the high country around oak creek...
that was on the 23rd...no sign of him yet...search and rescue...a great bunch of people...skilled...can not find him.
I can go five miles from where I type and be at 8,000ft...I am at around 3,800...
wicked country...beautiful, gorgeous, deadly.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Search-for-missing-hiker-in-Sedona-called-off-237491761.html

oh..i thought you were talking to me gmd...Donald, don...it gets so confusing.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
BB,

you're a better man than me. 20 years ago thought nothing of these Temps., and enjoyed the time in the North Woods....I still can think of nothing better, but need some moderation.....Have a good excursion.....later.....Gary

Went out into the garage and looked inside my deep freezer- Man, to think people are living in that climate. Egads...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_1996.JPG

At anchor Cayo Costa State Park, southwest Florida, 74F outside. Christmas day.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

You're one tough dude....did my weekly pub outing today and saw a bunch of the regulars including a guy I hadn't seen for about 6 months.....

His name is Ame with an accent facing right on the e.....100% native from Manitoba not sure which tribe.....he's a great guy and is proud of his culture as he should be...braided hair...beaded necklace.....rawhide jacket and moccasins and the whole nine yards.

He promised to take me out for a ride on his Harley next summer when the weather warms up.

Regards + HH

Bill

:laughing7: -40 with the windchill right now and it is going to drop to -55 overnight here. Gotta love Northern Ontario eh? I'm heading out to the bush tomorrow regardless. I need to get back out to the wilderness something fierce and I'm starting to feel a little cabin fever. I almost had to put a sweater on this morning while letting out the dogs in my housecoat and slippers. I can't wait for tonight, the Northern Lights should be out in full force.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out into the garage and looked inside my deep freezer- Man, to think people are living in that climate. Egads...

deep freezer huh? Reminds me of my doctor visits. He asks how I am I tell him I have the body of a 25 year old, I keep it in my basement freezer!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jeff, it looks like (by your signature) you are a fan of Cecil and The Straight Dope column…

It's one of my favorites!

BTW, the body in your basement- if you are saving it for the Jeffrey Dahmer homecoming party there will be a slight delay in his release- unless he comes back as a Zombie.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm down on being up with that! Or, is that up with being down for that?
I may be confused..... :laughing7:

One of the nicer pics I got, when out your way.
(let's see if the pic function is a workin)

100_2012.JPG

Don, I got L.A. in town, they just come off the fishing boat. 18 snappers 1 BIG triggerfish! AND
My little buddy Max won the fish pool! Yay! Bucket full of fish and pocket full of money, can't beat days fishing like that!
It may have hit 80 today. L.A. says they'll trade for Florida any day of the week! :laughing7:
All righty....., Key Lime Snapper with fresh tabouli, coming up.......
Carry on critters

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyways, where is the Crispmeister? on another fancypants expensive vacation?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Evening Folks,

I'm back from my time out...I was paroled early enough to make the New Year. Eva and I have a pretty nasty virus but were able to work through the day nonetheless. I hope everybody is doing well and staying warm.

Crispin

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh cannot anyone tell me he's standing behind me?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pipp....just got a knew phone and I don't know how to cut and paste on it, but sure would if I could....me thinks you know that! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread