Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
morning kev, how's peyton today?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there!

We just had a big wet snow dump here so fresh gold will be moving into and in the rivers here soon :D

...unless of course the government takes over, then all bets are off ;-)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just received a 6 inch dump of the wet stuff in Ontario last night. Perfect for building a Snowman, not so good for ice fishing.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let me ask something else technical. do you (like me) have to go to the top after each post and hit active topics again to get the thread to update? or can you stay on page and see in real time other people post?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We just received a 6 inch dump of the wet stuff in Ontario last night. Perfect for building a Snowman, not so good for ice fishing.

icefishing always reminds me of grumpy old men (good movie)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let me ask something else technical. do you (like me) have to go to the top after each post and hit active topics again to get the thread to update? or can you stay on page and see in real time other people post?

That's a good question Jeff.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats how i get updated.

Rain today. About 8 inches of snow and ice on north side of roof still,no open spots in fields yet. In the woods here it will take another week to thaw after open areas.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff,
I can stay on the page but go back a page and then forward to to the previous one and that will update.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats how i get updated.

Rain today. About 8 inches of snow and ice on north side of roof still,no open spots in fields yet. In the woods here it will take another week to thaw after open areas.

Wow...... must be nice eh? There is still probably a good 3 feet of snow and 4 feet of ice on some of the lakes in the areas I like to go bush detecting.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff,
I can stay on the page but go back a page and then forward to to the previous one and that will update.

ok, thanks I'll try that. BTW relevant it's like 57 here woooo hoooo

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...... must be nice eh? There is still probably a good 3 feet of snow and 4 feet of ice on some of the lakes in the areas I like to go bush detecting.

must suck to live in Canada, just like bering sea gold- makes nome seem a place I don't even want to visit

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes,getting close now. We saw some slushy snow fall in early June i think it was three years ago when fishing in Ontario. Last year there were still flat spots that had not recovered from snow pack yet. A good 6 to 8 weeks difference in final thaw.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, trouble is my house was built in 1980, no wars fought here, no centuries of roman occupation

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's all right,we just need a jumping off point,to leave the goats and chickens,dogs,cats,kids,ect. It would look like a war been through!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, come on down the beer fridge is full. you canadian too?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it would be cool to have one of you to help me learn how to detect. I went in backyard and found 2 pieces of junk ( so I got that going for me, which is nice)

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
must suck to live in Canada, just like bering sea gold- makes nome seem a place I don't even want to visit

LOL.... Jeff you would love it here. It certainly doesn't "suck" as you say. I have been around a bit in my travels but always find myself back in Ontario as it is truly a wonderful place to live. I'm a "bush guy" so to speak and I love the outdoor adventures I embark on every year. By the way guys the "refresh" (F5) button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread