CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott how did Georgia fair this weekend? My Gators not so well since our starting QB has been suspended indefinitely......

Georgia beat Mizzou Tigers.

Guess I'll choose White.

I ordered a "Traveller Magnetic Chess Set" on feebay over the weekend and I hope it arrives soon!

My locksmith Friend and I went to a salvage yard today to make a key for a 2011 Nissan with a push start.

The owner buys cars at auction and fixes them up for resale.

We've made many keys for him in the last few years.

Anywho,
I saw a Harley Davidson 1200 Custom Sportster with minor front end damage.
Will need a new front rim, handlebars, a seat and I'm sure other things. It's a 2001.

I bet that I could get it for about a grand.

All depends on the title~ it may be recorded as totaled-parts only.
I can't see that it was damaged that much.

There isn't even a scratch on the engine or tank.

My Friend took a couple of pictures with his smart phone and is supposed to email them to me.
When He does, I'll post the pics.

Hope all have a Great Week!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a Polaroid from about '79-'80. :icon_scratch:

Yeah, didn't have a heated garage to work on the bike I had then,
but,
I had a rear bedroom with it's own outside door. :thumbsup:

Wife was NOT amused....

1-IMG_0498.JPG
{I'm thinking that is a '72 Yamaha 350. Details fade with age....
Now it is coming back....I had to do a re-bore on the cylinders and get over-sized rings. I had just finished the work. It was cold. In Kansas. Probably between Thanksgiving and Christmas.}

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a 250 Yamaha Enduro
It was my first cycle and new vehicle

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though I haven't owned a bike in MANY years,
Y'all know that Scotty kept his Motorcycle endorsement active through at least 3 states in the past 10-15 years, Right?

My Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 250 Yamaha Enduro
It was my first cycle and new vehicle

When I was 16, I had saved enough money to buy a '64 Honda 305 Dream with a Scrambler front end.
The very FIRST motor vehicle I ever owned.

honda 305.jpg
{Helpful image of a Honda 305}

My cycle permit has never lapsed.

For the last 40 years.

Sure, I've had wrecks; in Kansas where ABATE Rules!
(Never my fault....And I guess that I lived...)

http://abateks.org/

I've had Friends lose their life riding....

Earl Wilson and Scott Hornberger....
In Lawrence, Kansas.
Both on Harley's....
:unhappysmiley:
--------

I always ride safe, make sure my bike is mechanically sound and realize that there are tons of idiots on the road who are "bigger" than you in their SUV.
----------

Do any other Critters ride?

https://www.patriotguard.org/content.php?

{From an album I have; the "cut-out cover"}
1-IMG_0500.JPG 2-IMG_0501.JPG

What you got in your "back bedroom," ready to take for a ride?

Stories?

Do Tell!

I used to "cut my teeth" ridin' dirt on a Friend's "mono-shock" Elsinore as a teen-ager.....

My Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK.

Just got the pics.....

2-20151019_162139_resized.jpg

3-20151019_162156_resized.jpg
{Check out that fine, fat, rear wheel, white-wall. The front tire is still good and still holds air! I've re-strung the spokes on a new rim before and STILL have spoke adjusting wrenches!}

1-20151019_162204_resized.jpg
{I HATE those handlebars.....Diminished control, ya know?}

Worth a grand?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OK.

Just got pics.....

View attachment 1225087

View attachment 1225091

View attachment 1225090

Worth a grand?

Best,

Scott

Yes!!!
Yes!!!
I still have my motorcycle endorsement. Last street bike I owned was a 900 ninja. Dual purpose was a KLR 650. Next will be a Honda XR. You need them registered and insured even for off road now...so I'll just get a bike with a license plate! The modern bikes are so much faster and lighter then their predecessors. I have owned Bridgestone, Hodaka, Bultaco, KTM...of course the suzis, kawis yammies and hondies. I even owned a V-max for a few weeks. Scary. The other day my wife was showing my daughter my collection of tickets....so I doubt I will be getting another street bike. Little does she realize the big thumpers are great for wheelies!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!!!
Yes!!!

I still have my motorcycle endorsement. Last street bike I owned was a 900 ninja. Dual purpose was a KLR 650. Next will be a Honda XR. You need them registered and insured even for off road now...so I'll just get a bike with a license plate! The modern bikes are so much faster and lighter then their predecessors. I have owned Bridgestone, Hodaka, Bultaco, KTM...of course the suzis, kawis yammies and hondies. I even owned a V-max for a few weeks. Scary. The other day my wife was showing my daughter my collection of tickets....so I doubt I will be getting another street bike. Little does she realize the big thumpers are great for wheelies!!!

So, you think this is a good deal? What's the book on this model? 4k?

Anyone provide a site that caters to parts?

My Thanks for your assistance,

Scott

PS.

And,
Always,
Your Friend.....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Ole Scotty has plans for Camping this weekend! :notworthy:

View attachment 1225119
"Oh, My! About damned time, Toto....Hold the line....Dawg....."

http://student.ung.edu/sdkais5614/africa.htm

From my College web-page....

Haven't been able to update or make corrections since the College merger....:BangHead:
Writing HTML code.....
I may be the only Student with a Web Page at the whole university before the merger....:dontknow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML

Still fightin' the power....

---------

Yeah,
Scott is playing, "what if.....?"

Again.

"'Cause that is his 'Nature.'"
View attachment 1225120
"You do not see it yet, do you, my lambs?"

America?

Yeah, time for Ole Scotty to git hisself lost in the Mountains agin.....
The creek has lowered...Bears are active, looking to fatten up before the Winter Sleep.....

Perhaps an opportune moment for pics?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess my dinner tonight will be sushi I made.
Again.
I'm getting good at this.....
View attachment 1225123

And Sashimi!

Dig it!
Good Night, my Friends....

Scott

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRISPIN'S CRITTERS

I love some vegetable sushi! My first bike was a Suzuki RM 125 I saved for over a year working at an auto body shop and paid cash for it! Let me think..... I think that was 1977-78 something like that, I'm getting old. It's a wonder I didn't get killed on her. Challenge me and I would do it. I use to get it up to speed and stand up on the seat and ride by the girls house I liked, who later became my girlfriend and even later my wife! Her mom use to tell her" Their goes that crazy boy again you know he's going to get killed on that motorcycle just get ready for his funeral" haha my biggest test with fate came against a dump truck. I was riding ( Virginia) deep in the mountains, came out of a turn, gassed her, one lane bridge ahead that was occupied by a dump truck.....uh oh....geared down, jumped the creek, hit the rocks on the other side, wobbled, got control, slammed on the brakes, thanked God, looked back and the truck driver was shaking his head........tore off and kept riding! Oh to be young and dumb again!!!!!
Scott looks like a nice find to me. You have the skills...... Ok you can be white.......and then there was my last ride on my bike.....saved for another date. I lost, totaled her

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just witnessed the funniest thing. I went to pick the boys up from school, was coming home. I have to stop at a 4 lane traffic light. There was a car inching out into traffic then makes a left turn obviously running a red light. So the vehicle behind them was an unmarked city cop car. Turns on his lights and nails them immediately. We were laughing. But I was thinking I don't think the statute allows for unmarked cars to give traffic citations-- I thought they have to be used strictly for "unmarked" reasons. Anyone know?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scotty, I thought you meant Dobie Gillis

Ah, my Friend, Jeff,

Tsk, Tsk.

No photo of Dobie Gillis?

That'll cost ya a million or two "internet points." :laughing7:

dobie gillis.jpg

Hope you have been well!

Best Wishes,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman. Thank you for the medal/pin info. If anyone lost theirs (Fire theft moving divorce) Let me know, I will gladly replace them for you. I will even pay the postage.

View attachment 1223121

:notworthy:

If you need any assistance in your endeavors,
just let us know! :thumbsup:

Be well, my Friend!

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should go back there for a visit. Chat them up and when they aren't looking, throw an Alka seltzer in your mouth...... Then let the fun begin!!!! Haha.

joker3.jpg
"Ya know, I've really become fond of the way you think." :laughing7:

My Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!!!
Yes!!!

frink.jpg

"Ah! You invoke memories. That's good. Confirms that I'm still alive.
Ahem. And memories I DO have. Somewhere around here... lead's to stories ya know....
Ah, here they are. What memories was that again?
Ah, yes motorcycles, wrecks and dreams, wasn't it"

Best,

Scott

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bikes? Nah I don't have one but I do have a four wheeler I picked up about a year ago. New motor in it and low miles. Came with a nice tilting trailer too! Price? Well you can bet I paid next to nothing for it! I just love getting deals like that!
Here's a pic of my son in the snow last winter on it...
d9f64cb222eb12f30c30625874b4773f.jpg

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A donorcycle huh? Well if it has a good title and you can resell it for a few bucks more than you bought it then go for it. Just make sure you don't get attached to it and want to keep it.:tongue3:

I'm certain that I can do the mechanics on getting it running safely again;
The issue is what it would be worth....:dontknow:

NADA value?
Kelly blue book?

But, you are very much in tune with me.

I may get attached.

I saw the owner on Monday and he forgot to check on the title.

I said no rush, I'm a starving college student. Perhaps I could work a few weekends for you pulling parts to reduce my cost.

He seemed receptive! :thumbsup:

Don't want to sell too deep into my currency collection. 8-)

Best,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread