dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Your Property Rights May Be Under Serious Attack!

State Senator Alan Bates (D-Ashland) recently introduced several bills to the Oregon Legislature that may erode your property rights. These bills will seriously infringe upon your property rights.
SB 401 – Will, Designate expansive areas of the Rogue River, Applegate River, Illinois River, Grave Creek, Sucker Creek, Cow Creek and other waterways as “State Scenic Waterways”; Impose “scenic easements” for a ¼ mile on both sides of such waterways;Prohibit property improvements, development and numerous other activities not conducive to “scenic values” inside such easements, place your property under the regulatory jurisdiction of the Oregon Department of State Lands.

SB 388 - Will, Designate five segments (to be announced) located upon Oregon Scenic Waterways as “pilot projects”; opens these segments of private property (maybe YOUR property) up to public access; Establish initiatives to “educate” property owners about the
public's “right” to use your property.

These bills will adversely impact your right to fully enjoy your property (even if you are just a renter!) and may effect your property value. They will also create more state bureaucracy and subject the taxpayers of the State of Oregon to serious civil liability issues.
Over one-third of the City of Grants Pass, most of Cave Junction, Rogue River and Gold Hill WILL be directly effected by these Senate Bills.

Do you really want the Department of State Lands telling you what you can and can't do on YOUR property?

Please call your State Senator today and tell him/her to vote “NO” on SB 388 and SB 401.

Alternatively, you can call Senate President Peter Courtney at: 503-986-1600 or email him at: [email protected]

Please also call Senator Alan Bates and give him a piece of your mind at: 541-282-6502 (local office) 503-986-1703 (state capital)
or e-mail him at: [email protected]

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There are those that want to control our world mistakenly thinking it's their world.
The village I live in was once valued for the ideal of "The right to be left alone." Not so much since newbies have sought a place on the village consul. The latest is not to allow walls higher than 3 feet along the road through town as it "Effects their views." Never mind that some built walls to keep down traffic noise and create a sense of privacy.
We need a new Constitutional amendment. Call it the Larry Flint Amendment, The Right To Be Left Alone!
Democracy in in trouble world wide. At least the Libertarians can be liberal or conservative because liberty is nether.
Hey, I've got to go paint a wall.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Oregon is a liberal state. The liberal governor doesn't even have to campaign outside of Portland, and he gets elected. Whacko environmentalists seem to control everything in the state. Several years ago the Oregon Democratic party had in their party platform that they wanted to change the private ownership of land the way it was understood at the time, and they have been going about it ever since, a bit at a time. Now Oregon has the LCDC, (Land Conservation and Development Commission) and the DEQ, (Department of Environmental Quality) and permits are required from them before you can do anything on your own place. The state defines what agriculture is, and no farmer or rancher can do anything on his land the doesn't fit in with their rules. Example, you own a farm and have a nice shop. You can repair your own machinery in your shop, but you can't be paid to work on anything belonging to other people in that shop, because that isn't agriculture. And that is just one example. Stupidity reigns supreme in our state house, and it doesn't get better, the population of the two major cities run the state, and people in the country don't count, we have very little to no voice. I got to stop here, there is a danger of having the big one when I get started, I just get madder and madder.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oregon is a liberal state. The liberal governor doesn't even have to campaign outside of Portland, and he gets elected. Whacko environmentalists seem to control everything in the state. Several years ago the Oregon Democratic party had in their party platform that they wanted to change the private ownership of land the way it was understood at the time, and they have been going about it ever since, a bit at a time. Now Oregon has the LCDC, (Land Conservation and Development Commission) and the DEQ, (Department of Environmental Quality) and permits are required from them before you can do anything on your own place. The state defines what agriculture is, and no farmer or rancher can do anything on his land the doesn't fit in with their rules. Example, you own a farm and have a nice shop. You can repair your own machinery in your shop, but you can't be paid to work on anything belonging to other people in that shop, because that isn't agriculture. And that is just one example. Stupidity reigns supreme in our state house, and it doesn't get better, the population of the two major cities run the state, and people in the country don't count, we have very little to no voice. I got to stop here, there is a danger of having the big one when I get started, I just get madder and madder.

I know how you feel....I love Oregon and this is the main reason I don't live there now....I love the Rouge River and loved prospecting it. Maine where I live is not much better. I encourage all to call and make our voices heard. Personal property should mean the govt stay out....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

WOW!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread