My wife is 9 months pregnant and..

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is 9 months pregnant and she still hasn't gone into labor. We had a doc appointment last friday and the doc suggested that we schedule a date to induce the labor. We did and that day was yesterday at 5AM. I am not a morning person but I was excited, this is our first baby. She gets a call at 430 AM saying that there was a few labors over the night and they cannot do anything for her at the moment and that she needs to call back at 12 to find out if she can go in. She calls at 12 and they said we can get you in at 2 in the afternoon. We left our house at 115 to go to the hospital that is 30 miles away. We just pulled into town and they call again saying 2 will not work and we need to schedule an appointment with the doctor to see him at his office to schedule another day to get her induced. She almost lost it, she started crying to me. I didnt want to make excuses for the doc but I told her that since there was multiple births the night before he probably had to come in sometime in the night and probably didnt get much if any sleep. I told her I would rather have a rested doc working on her than a sleepy doc. O by the way our hospital only has 3 delivery rooms. We live in a really small community which has been getting alot of "new residence" in the last few years because of the meat packing plants in the area. I think the hospital needs to expand to support the larger population.

Anyways I know this is long but lets hope we get our baby today! Thanks for reading.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrat's Guy Start putten your Bucks away. Hope all goes well.

OP
OP
arnofarrell

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope everything goes well too. I started a baby account as soon as we confirmend my wife was pregnant. I cant wait to hold her in my arms, o ya its a girl by the way. Thanks buddy.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BabyBaby.jpg

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations!

I know your wife is frustrated, I would be too. However, the doctor and the hospital want to make sure everything is safe and goes smoothly. Babies can be up to two weeks late and still be considered "On time." I remember something an OB doctor told me once, "Babies do not come when it is convienent...they come when they want to." (In regards to delivery.)

Crispin

OP
OP
arnofarrell

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!

I know your wife is frustrated, I would be too. However, the doctor and the hospital want to make sure everything is safe and goes smoothly. Babies can be up to two weeks late and still be considered "On time." I remember something an OB doctor told me once, "Babies do not come when it is convienent...they come when they want to." (In regards to delivery.)

Crispin

The major problem my wife is having is that it is going to snow tomorrow and friday and we could get up to a foot to 18 inches and she doesn't want to go into labor during that time. I can't drive because of my seizures (I don't have a license) atleast not legally. And the hospital is 25-30 miles away. We could call 911 and but in our experience with them they can take up to an hour or worse because of the snow. She is just worried.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The major problem my wife is having is that it is going to snow tomorrow and friday and we could get up to a foot to 18 inches and she doesn't want to go into labor during that time. I can't drive because of my seizures (I don't have a license) atleast not legally. And the hospital is 25-30 miles away. We could call 911 and but in our experience with them they can take up to an hour or worse because of the snow. She is just worried.

Can a neighbor drive you? Labor is a very slow process. Even if it takes 2 hours for the ambulance to come you should still be just fine. Once the contractions are less then five minutes apart is when it is usually advised to go the hospital. For a primigravida (first time) mother labor can then take anywhere from 6 to 36 hours. Very rarely shorter or longer. Being at full term there is no reason to expect a rushed delivery.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few years back I remember we had a women in the near by trailer court (no exaggeration way over the 400 lb range) we delivered her 9th 10the 11th. and 12th. little one's she thought we were cute. and that part was free. needless to say the youngest of us on the rig. got to cut the cord. Good way to freak out a 19year old. Funny every time the skinny husband was out celebrating:laughing7:

OP
OP
arnofarrell

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. We had an appointment this morning and everything is set for friday morning, weather permitting. If that doesn't work she is scheduled for Monday as well.

The weather seems to be iffy at the moment, it may pass right by us like all the storms have lately.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck arno, I was nervous about this whole process when we had my son. It will all turn out well....you will see.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little fart will come when she is good and ready! :dontknow: If there's a chance of snow, get the tobbagan ready with plenty of blankets (mostly for you, while your wife pulls), :icon_scratch: and always remember ''TO STAY CALM''!!! ??? !

Just wishing you the BEST, on your first. Good Luck!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, congrats arno and to Mrs. arno and little Miss arno! All will go well. Blessings.......

OP
OP
arnofarrell

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my baby girl was born on Friday the 22nd of February. My wife had to be induced at 6am and at 12:30 pm my baby was born. She was 8 pounds exactly and 21 and a half inches long. We are home now and evrything is going well. It was actually alot less dramatic then I had that. I am so very happy to be a new dad. I love my little girl Charlotte Ann Farrell. Thanks for the support guys and gals.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
my baby girl was born on Friday the 22nd of February. My wife had to be induced at 6am and at 12:30 pm my baby was born. She was 8 pounds exactly and 21 and a half inches long. We are home now and evrything is going well. It was actually alot less dramatic then I had that. I am so very happy to be a new dad. I love my little girl Charlotte Ann Farrell. Thanks for the support guys and gals.

Congrats! I like the name...strong but sweet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread