Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
yea same here in PA woody.
no chains to prevent them from doing their work properly.
I haven't seen all in jumpers,
some have been in street clothes,
they seem to do good work where they send them :thumbsup:

the police don't threaten them with rifles or clubs.

they just Drop them off, Pick them up later.
both sides seem to respect each other.

usually see them Preparing local Swimming pools for spring,
cleaning parks & road sides , Etc.
along the interstates they have their guards in their vehicles,
to slow traffic of course.

Jeff, When I lived in the Great Smokies it was called work release,them boys loved it,better than sittin in a cell all day!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used to come by and use the outside bathroom where I work. Bathroom break and them back to prison.

They are always looking, hoping you will throw something to them like cigarettes.

I belive chain gangs are reserved for small time prisoners that are not a danger to society like under 2 years.
Down here it goes by their custody level. They could have been locked up for 20 years but if their custody level has dropped to a minimum or community level, then they can be assigned to a work squad that works outside the gates. Murderer or otherwise. All Florida prisoners are assigned to work squads and must work either inside the prison or outside the gates. It's a good thing you never tossed them a cigarette. You could get charged for delivering contraband.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, When I lived in the Great Smokies it was called work release,them boys loved it,better than sittin in a cell all day!

yea not quite work release.

they have that here where they leave in the morning on their own,
& must be back by a certain time.

the road crews though they do go in groups in a prison van
& are brought back By the prison van.
I guess they aren't quite as trusted,
or figure they don't have riders or bus to pick them up,
and take them to their work areas

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sheririff officers stay with them. A guard i know said these guys will do just about anything to get on that detail. Tey get to beon the outside and get fresh air and different scenerty.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sheririff officers stay with them. A guard i know said these guys will do just about anything to get on that detail. Tey get to beon the outside and get fresh air and different scenerty.

Yea I'd guess most of them don't belong behind bars.
either got caught trying to make a living dealing pot or other illegal substance.
or using. repeat dui's,
Got desperate & stole, but never actually physically harmed anyone.
all minor offenders considering.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I'd guess most of them don't belong behind bars.
either got caught trying to make a living dealing pot or other illegal substance.
or using. repeat dui's,
Got desperate & stole, but never actually physically harmed anyone.
all minor offenders considering.

Now there my Friend is the PRIVATE prison system,BIG MONEY,more people incarcerated than anywhere in the world,over what,Bull Cocky!!!

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not say a repeat offender of dui is nothing. I have seen many people kiled by drunk drivers. Ay repeat offender should bein jail for a long time.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I would not say a repeat offender of dui is nothing. I have seen many people kiled by drunk drivers. Ay repeat offender should bein jail for a long time.

Now that you bring my attention to it,there are a lot of drunks out there that don't know enough to stay off the roads,there are to many people in jail that don't belong there.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no reason to get drunk and drive! Ggetting i. Your car and driving someplace knowing you are going to drink is pre meditated. If you hit or injure someone you should be charged as such. If so eone is i jured you should be out in jail. Ose who are repeat offenders only stop when they are in jail. I support my tax money keeping the in prison so my family can drive without a drunk killing or maming them
I have cut many young people out of a car who were doing noting illegal but were killed or eir life changed by a drunk driving his car.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no reason to get drunk and drive! Ggetting i. Your car and driving someplace knowing you are going to drink is pre meditated. If you hit or injure someone you should be charged as such. If so eone is i jured you should be out in jail. Ose who are repeat offenders only stop when they are in jail. I support my tax money keeping the in prison so my family can drive without a drunk killing or maming them
I have cut many young people out of a car who were doing noting illegal but were killed or eir life changed by a drunk driving his car.

Thank you for being there.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think dui laws should be more strict. Maybe less people would be tempted to drive drunk if they were looking at a 10 year minimum mandatory sentence for the 1st offense. I know a guy right now who killed his passenger last July driving drunk. He was a repeat offender, his license was already suspended for life because of multiple dui's at the time of his accident. He will finally get some prison time (Maybe, he hasn't been tried yet) for his stupidity, unfortunately it took someone else's life to get it.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
302guy said:
You can't rehabilitate a rapist or a murderer. A bullet to the ear is all they should get. And they should get it as soon as their appeals are up. In my state they busted Dr. Earl Bradley for molesting and VIDEOING his crimes over at least a ten year period on children as young as a few months. VIDEO..he should never have went to trial. But yeah, some whiner would have complained he didn't get his Constitutional rights. And I'm ok with that. The person who complains in a situation like that should be forced to watch the tapes and then suffer the same punishment. Elimination is the only way to deal with the worst. You can't send a message, there is no point to prove. Just eliminate them each and everyone. There will always be monsters. Root them out, and end them every time they rear their head. Same as tyranny, no different.

Bullet? I wouldn't waste it. Bolt gun.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is a bolt gun?

Used on cattle and pigs. Air powered, reusable and does the job. Drives a steel bar or bolt into the brain. HOWEVER, the cost of electricity to fire up a compressor would cost more than a bullet. But I like his thinking. Depending in the crime I'm sure people would be willing to donate some ammunition.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have an axe to grind with any fat cat bureaucrat that oversteps their authority in order to push a personal agenda. I also have an especially LARGE axe to grind with LEO's who subvert the Constitution and instead follow a course that has nothing to do with serving the public interest or protecting the citizens so much as it serves their personal political agendas and reelection campaigns. As for violent crime in my state. We have a higher rate as citizens are more apt to report spousal abuse and rape. Because here, unlike there, something will be done about it. Which is why it is funny Your pal Joe has a Corporate/property crime rate 3.5 times NATIONAL average. Since Nationally those crimes are in decline. Maybe you should put on your badge and go investigate that. It's out of my jurisdiction.
In my state we use the Constitution for something better than polishing boots. How do they do it in Arkansas? Cause Sheriff Joe would be out of a job and well on his way to prison in Delaware.

I don't know about the "Fat Cat" comment, you look damn near as fat as I used to be (I'm still almost that big) :laughing7:

Before anyone thinks I meant it as an insult, you have to remember that you can't deny us fat folks the opportunity to have a few laughs at our own expense. It's not politically correct to be mean to us.

In my opinion, Sheriff Joe is ENFORCING THE LAWS IN HIS JURISDICTION. I wish the Sheriff in my county would try it. He's so focused on the drug problems that he ignores everything else . . . even though some of the biggest drug addicts in the county are family members, including his son. I had video evidence of a break in at my home - camera recorded my brother in law's right hand pulling back the curtains from inside my home while we were away. He has a distinctive scar that was easily spotted in the video, Sheriff said he didn't have enough evidence to even question my brother in law about the break in.

I don't agree that he has overstepped his bounds. Haven't heard of murders by his Sheriff's office. I have seen a former coworker die in the city jail because he somehow drank a half gallon of Clorox bleach, but that's not the police department's fault . . .

What you see with Sheriff Joe's bunch is folks whining about having to face life without all the amenities of free people. News flash . . . they aren't free because they're criminals.

Does his office fail to prosecute those accused of spousal abuse and rape, or are they less likely to happen in a county where failure to behave as a adult causes you to lose your adult freedoms? You won't hear that on CNN or NBC. Crimes that don't happen because fear of punishment curtails it doesn't make as much hay on television as accusations of wrongdoing or bad policies. As you said, you don't live there and neither do I, so maybe we shouldn't be critical of the job he's doing as we don't have all the details. Just a thought.

They use prison crews to clean roads in my state. Years ago they used to advertise they'd be on a given road on a certain date...just in case you wanted to lock your doors I guess. But people would load up all their trash and go dump it the night before. Free dump fees, courtesy of the state.

Up until a few years ago, they still did the trash pickups here in Arkansas. I just haven't seen them in a couple of years which is probably because I don't get to the delta region as much as I used to. I've always found it relaxing to watch them work. Was at a friend's house and we pulled out a couple lawn chairs and a pitcher of ice tea while we watched.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gerryk said:

Gerry, I have always had the same thought - that it should be premeditated murder if you kill someone while drunk.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think dui laws should be more strict. Maybe less people would be tempted to drive drunk if they were looking at a 10 year minimum mandatory sentence for the 1st offense. I know a guy right now who killed his passenger last July driving drunk. He was a repeat offender, his license was already suspended for life because of multiple dui's at the time of his accident. He will finally get some prison time (Maybe, he hasn't been tried yet) for his stupidity, unfortunately it took someone else's life to get it.

I agree, same thing should apply to people texting, talking on the phone, eating or putting on makeup. What's the difference?

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about the "Fat Cat" comment, you look damn near as fat as I used to be (I'm still almost that big) :laughing7:

Before anyone thinks I meant it as an insult, you have to remember that you can't deny us fat folks the opportunity to have a few laughs at our own expense. It's not politically correct to be mean to us.

In my opinion, Sheriff Joe is ENFORCING THE LAWS IN HIS JURISDICTION. I wish the Sheriff in my county would try it. He's so focused on the drug problems that he ignores everything else . . . even though some of the biggest drug addicts in the county are family members, including his son. I had video evidence of a break in at my home - camera recorded my brother in law's right hand pulling back the curtains from inside my home while we were away. He has a distinctive scar that was easily spotted in the video, Sheriff said he didn't have enough evidence to even question my brother in law about the break in.

I don't agree that he has overstepped his bounds. Haven't heard of murders by his Sheriff's office. I have seen a former coworker die in the city jail because he somehow drank a half gallon of Clorox bleach, but that's not the police department's fault . . .

What you see with Sheriff Joe's bunch is folks whining about having to face life without all the amenities of free people. News flash . . . they aren't free because they're criminals.

Does his office fail to prosecute those accused of spousal abuse and rape, or are they less likely to happen in a county where failure to behave as a adult causes you to lose your adult freedoms? You won't hear that on CNN or NBC. Crimes that don't happen because fear of punishment curtails it doesn't make as much hay on television as accusations of wrongdoing or bad policies. As you said, you don't live there and neither do I, so maybe we shouldn't be critical of the job he's doing as we don't have all the details. Just a thought.

Up until a few years ago, they still did the trash pickups here in Arkansas. I just haven't seen them in a couple of years which is probably because I don't get to the delta region as much as I used to. I've always found it relaxing to watch them work. Was at a friend's house and we pulled out a couple lawn chairs and a pitcher of ice tea while we watched.

I'm not talking about the criminals that whine about unfair treatment. I'm talking about the case of a 13 year old illegal that was raped and the case was pushed aside while they investigated a corporate fraud case. Illegal or not, we should have jumped at the chance to give this girl justice. That case brought to light the HUNDREDS of other similar cases that were treated in the same fashion. They were as I said, hard to prove, he said/she said incidents. Numerous spousal abuse complaints...all pushed aside while property crimes and corporate crimes were investigated. Crimes that generate millions of dollars in fines and court costs. He is still under a DOJ investigation for it. It isn't an Obama conspiracy. That is just a smokescreen. Do you think an illegal 13 year old that gets raped on American soil is of no consequence because of their status, I don't. And when it happens to an American citizen and that is treated the same way? WOW. it makes my blood boil. He is/was only concerned with generating revenue and pleasing the corporate interests that help fund his election campaigns. He is the quintessential Bad Cop. He gives a bad name to the decent men that still wear the badge. They have done nothing but lower the standards of what it takes to be a cop, and have removed all of the measures by which we can gauge them. Loyalty to their superiors, and how much revenue they generate is all that they look at nowadays.
I care about our Founding Documents, and our citizens. I don't care about religion, politics beyond the Constitution, or peoples own shallow and pedantic ways. You can not both have a firm appreciation for the agents of a corrupted system and healthy mistrust and dislike for the same system. That is a contradiction that is simply impossible. My loyalty is to the Constitution and to the men and women who support it, and obey its doctrines. Not to the men and women who are taught to subvert it for the benefit of the state or their own self serving reasons or agendas. Joe is a bad cop. One of thousands. The fact that there are so many....I don't blame the individuals. I blame their training. Something needs to change.
But just for giggles, go ahead and Google Sheriff Joe. Maybe I'm per-disposed to disliking him since I've had a firm dislike of corrupt officials since Boss Hawg and Sheriff Roscoe P Coaltrane gave the Dukes such a hard time when they were just trying to make their way, the only way they knew how. But that was just a little bit more then the law would allow.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But just for giggles, go ahead and Google Sheriff Joe. Maybe I'm per-disposed to disliking him since I've had a firm dislike of corrupt officials since Boss Hawg and Sheriff Roscoe P Coaltrane gave the Dukes such a hard time when they were just trying to make their way, the only way they knew how. But that was just a little bit more then the law would allow.

You do realize that these were fictitious characters . . . don't ya?

There is corruption in all facets of law enforcement. The higher up you go, the worse it is . . . it's just covered up better because, well, they have more experience and help in covering it up. Just look at Eric Holder and What's his name.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You do realize that these were fictitious characters . . . don't ya?

There is corruption in all facets of law enforcement. The higher up you go, the worse it is . . . it's just covered up better because, well, they have more experience and help in covering it up. Just look at Eric Holder and What's his name.

So were the fictitious characters in Aesop's Fables. Should we discount their messages of the worlds evils and triumphs over adversity as well?
As Americans we should NOT take the side of the Constitution AND the Government. The power of the Constitution is at all times under threat of the Government whose authority is derived from and limited by it. Any American who secretly wishes to be governed or controlled is no real American. Any American that seeks to control or Govern should therefore be viewed in the same fashion, and viewed correctly. They are Tyrants who have an agenda, and seek out others with the same need to control, for power or wealth or both. Therefore, we need to loudly praise them when what they do is in keeping with the principles and ideologies of the Constitution, and just as loudly and swiftly punish them when they go against it. If the stick and the carrot is good enough for the master (The Citizen), then it should be readily accepted by the the servants(Elected Public Servants). If they can not accept that then they are suspect and should be forced to resign. We need to end the acceptance of the "lessor of two evils" approach when it comes to law enforcement and our judicial system. Allowing it and accepting it has led in part to it's corruption.
Any man that would overlook violence against a CHILD to take care of the corporate cronies who pay for his campaigns should be shot. No rehabilitation program. He is no better than the attacker. And here this scumbag has HUNDREDS of similar cases. Joe Arapaho is no man, and definitely no man I would trust to have my back. If you want to trust him to protect YOUR families...good luck. There is a greater chance he will seek out the professional accountant that embezzled a few hundred thousand dollars then the rapist who lives in the neighborhood and preys on children . Sorry, that is not Justice in my book. If he wants to go work for them then he needs to get off of our dime while he does it. Violent crimes against children and women take precedence over $$$'s any day of the week. And I don't give a rat's hairy *** what country they came from or the status or station of their family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread