Three stages of truth.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that's an incorrect assumption. I think most people are on step 0 which is determining if something is in fact "the truth".

I think that is a wise first step as opposed to just automatically believing that stuff that might match your world view is the truth.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that's an incorrect assumption. I think most people are on step 0 which is determining if something is in fact "the truth".

I think that is a wise first step as opposed to just automatically believing that stuff that might match your world view is the truth.
I see no step '0'
I guess the Declaration of Independence needs to be rewritten then.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
I see no step '0'
I guess the Declaration of Independence needs to be rewritten then.

No idea what you are talking about? What does a quote written in the 1800s by a German philosopher have to do with the DoI?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
You don't believe the truths in there are self evident?

Wow, you really insult the founding fathers if you think what they were writing was "self evident". It was stated as such because in that time their thoughts were in fact NOT self evident. This was a radical document with radical thoughts and notions of the freedoms and liberties of individuals - what many of you would consider now a days to be write "liberal". A unique document whose like had not existed in this world. Always best to study the history of something and be able to put it in its true context of the time. This helps to really understand how amazing it is.

Best.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
A unique document whose like had not existed in this world. Always best to study the history of something and be able to put it in its true context of the time. This helps to really understand how amazing it is.

Actually it isnt as unique as you think seeing as how a lot of the constitution was borrowed from the Iroquois confederation of the 5 nations constitution. Internet History Sourcebooks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread