Anyone read "Wheat Belly" or use the cookbook?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few main reasons a person may not want to eat grain:

1) carbohydrates in grain raise blood glucose levels

2) grain consumption greatly contributes to weight gain; it is a tonifying food.

3) for people with celiac disease, gluten-bearing grains will eventually kill them

4) the human body does not need them.

5) Some grains are genetically modified and set up an unnatural bacterial environment in the digestive tract.

Very interesting Karen. i think we've been taught that grains,especially whole grains are good for us but not necessarily.I've been eating Ezekiel bread,made from sprouted seeds because of the high gluten content even in whole wheat breads.

OP
OP
K

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi!

I have a theory about why grains are pushed so hard, but that is a topic for the Agenda 21 thread. :-)

While the popular teaching is that fat makes one fat and whole grains are good, studies, as well as the health and dietary trends of ancient peoples, give a different picture.

Sprouted bread is a great choice for a yeasted grain bread. Spendy, but like I frequently say, "spend now on high quality food, or spend later at the doctor's office." The first option is way more fun!

Just about everything I know about how food effects health I learned from Sally Fallon's "Nourishing Traditions", Paul Pitchford's "Healing with Whole Foods," principles of TCM, Dr. Joseph Mercola D.O. and Dr. William Davis, M.D.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A few main reasons a person may not want to eat grain:

1) carbohydrates in grain raise blood glucose levels

2) grain consumption greatly contributes to weight gain; it is a tonifying food.

3) for people with celiac disease, gluten-bearing grains will eventually kill them

4) the human body does not need them.

5) Some grains are genetically modified and set up an unnatural bacterial environment in the digestive tract.

TY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions