idowa

Jan 21, 2012
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are the lakers on the first one real? Frank
Yep... My mom used to complain that she could hear me start it up in the morning, drive to high school a mile away, and hear me shut it off...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yep... My mom used to complain that she could hear me start it up in the morning, drive to high school a mile away, and hear me shut it off...

I had a Y valve and cable cutoff on mine. The fuzz was kind of touchy about that and the Dum Dums, they didn't even like the Douglas glass packs. lol ..FrankNow this one makes it's get away on the boat launching ramp....LOL ..Frank

1960 Amphicar.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Amphicar! Might be a few hundred left nationwide. As a kid i saw one drive in the lake. All ways wondered about the heat transfer hitting water,and the effect on bearings. 6 wheeler amphib i have needs grease about every 10 hours,but might better do it after soaking it each time.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Amphicar! Might be a few hundred left nationwide. As a kid i saw one drive in the lake. All ways wondered about the heat transfer hitting water,and the effect on bearings. 6 wheeler amphib i have needs grease about every 10 hours,but might better do it after soaking it each time.

I grabbed that shot out west at a car museum. Never owned one, but did see Author Godfrey driving one in the Chesapeake Bay way back. How about this one? ...Frank

1960 MESSENSCHMIDTT.jpg Now you know what they did with the left over plane parts!

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Y valve and cable cutoff on mine. The fuzz was kind of touchy about that and the Dum Dums, they didn't even like the Douglas glass packs. lol ..FrankNow this one makes it's get away on the boat launching ramp....LOL ..Frank

View attachment 754559
My buddy here in Michigan owns one. He also nabbed a Plymouth superbird backyard find that I gave him leads on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread