Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could choose the perfect find of your mding career, what would it be? A chest full of pirate booty? An artifact from a historical figure?
Enough loot to retire on in luxury?
For me: Money or treasure is too easy. I would like to find such a historical treasure that it caused the history books to be rewritten.
Imagine finding in central Indiana an old bronze plaque that proved that ancient Egyptians not only discovered America 4000 years ago, but explored into the interior? To my thinking, that would be the kind of thing I would want to hang my hat on. Finding something that was totally unexpected and changed history. ( anybody can find a cache of gold coins)

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something that someone lost a long time ago. (no not my mind)
:)

Old wedding ring, child's toy. Something important to a person... not necessarily monetarily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, that would be nice

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, living the great life I had a dog that was the world to me...he got hit by a car and the driver took my parents to court to fix the car even though the speed limit was 30 and it totaled his car...lol but I was 9 or so and didnt understand and dad didnt like going to court so he paid....but to get back on topic ...what I found one day was a GOOD signal in the back yard of the parents house...and I started to dig...and I found bones...then a collar with a big name tag....I found my best friend after 20+ years...do you know I wear his tag to this day...that was a dog I could never replace....I know that is cheezy but, thats the BEST I have and will ever find with a MD...peace

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no, dragon that is a very nice story

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what was his name?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what was his name?

BamBam.....he was so gun shy it was funny.....and he was bought to be a hunting dog...member big Dan and little Ann...Where the red fern grows...I had a big Dan...He would hunt and tree a coon like all others...but I shoot and the coon would fall and I would never see him again....he would be sitting on the back porch when I walked back through 34 acres of woods back to the house...lol....but he would be ready to go every time but I would only tree and shoot 1 coon a trip...LOL

It became a family joke until that car.....

Imagine that ...at 9 or so I was using an axe, carrying a 22 or 20g and skinning things...lol...kids now day's cant even get up for school on their own..

Last edited:

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you could choose the perfect find of your mding career, what would it be? A chest full of pirate booty? An artifact from a historical figure?
For me: Money or treasure is too easy. I would like to find such a historical treasure that it caused the history books to be rewritten.
Imagine finding in central Indiana an old bronze plaque that proved that ancient Egyptians not only discovered America 4000 years ago, but explored into the interior? To my thinking, that would be the kind of thing I would want to hang my hat on. Finding something that was totally unexpected and changed history. ( anybody can find a cache of gold coins)

First would be persons, that even whom are no longer with us in this world are pleasant memories of foolish bliss. 2nd would be perhaps a quartz clovis point showing that they were here in Massachusetts thousands of years ago before heading West due to extreme heat? 3rd could be rings belonging to legendary privateers like Wm. Kidd and Thomas Tew of Newport. HH Boris View attachment 749766 View attachment 749769 View attachment 749769 20120511_105739.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Of course you must realize, the Archies would take your bronze plaque, and the credit for the discovery and do the rewritting of the history books, don't you? .....Frank
PS I will let you know about that find of my career when it happens, or maybe, I won't. lol
coins_0004 1854 F_edited-1.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A huge stash of pieces of eight and piles of gold coins and nuggets.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread