I just turned my smart phone into a metal detector!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Are they expensive? What would you do with the EMF detector? Hot circuits?
I would think a detector with a tiny coil wouldn't be good for much.
There are a lot of apps for pilots. Many free.

Last edited:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are free. They do work....a little.
You can't really expect much out of them though, the sensors used in the app weren't designed for that, they are just being used for it, so they are good for casual playing around and that's about it.

Most people that download the EMF detector use it for "ghost hunting"

They're both kinda fun to play with though.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you know useless apps drain your battery same as useful ones do.
I like turtles too.
A few years ago I found myself at a ghost town while a monster thunderstorm was bearing down. The town in New Mexico is called Ancho. Very creepy. We scooted. Later on line I found a group of ghost hunters that went there and recorded stuff. Not conclusive. But my experience was and still haunts me a tad.
It's one of those experiences that doesn't get fuzzy with time. The ghost hunters had a lot more than a smart phone though.
Ancho was known for supplying San Francisco with the bricks to rebuild after the earth quake in the early 1900's. I found an Ancho brick and was going to keep it as a find. After the "Ancho Experience" I elected to leave it there. Call me chicken but I've had experiences with the other side and I didn't want to ignore my warning. I really didn't need any confirmation. If anyone wants to search for ghosts/spirits/ whatever, I hope your ready. Your defenses don't exist in their realm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread