Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well smokey, South Florida is hustling and bustling, everyone is ready to prey on who ever might have some money.
If they move out, someone else moves right in. If a store closes, another one opens. We are hosts to a LARGE international community though, and they all bring money when they come.

I know it's been tough out there for small rural America, hang in there, and invest in food seeds. Get your garden started early!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been through so many economic cycles through the years I have learned that good times and bad never last.
Also the bad times are like a woman having a baby. After a time she will forget the pain. Maybe that fact contributes to the repetition.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard for me to say...Medicine is always busy. Talk about job security...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always open a solar panel factory ooops forget that one. Actually I'm thinking on writing the king for a couple of million dollar grant for making car seats and steering wheels into solar panels. Hot tickets in July in Arizona.

Crisp I think your right, lots of money in drugs there's hundreds of sales people on the streets of Chicago:laughing7: And elsewhere.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisp I think your right, lots of money in drugs there's hundreds of sales people on the streets of Chicago:laughing7: And elsewhere.

I got the best solar panels from people that didn't know what they had and I will say......ILL....its cheap shipping...LOL

Power to the people......:laughing7:

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Texas is booming from oil shale development that should last for decades. Jobs are plentiful in many sectors and things look good except for the lack of rain. We are good in most cities water wise, but farmers are hurting...

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the midwest it has its up and downs. In the agri areas farmers are doing fine because of the prices of grain and farm substates. A few mom and pop shops have closed but none of them did that well when the market was good. In one of the spots where the cafe used to be is now a "food bank" type place.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are having a bit of a drought as well but hopefully this spring will bring lots of rain. The drought didn't hurt to may farmers in my area last year, but about an hour south it was hit hard.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iowa...in history is a ruff place ......let the rains come...right.....I have fath brother.....:headbang:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
If the unemployment numbers were calculated the same way they were back in the thirties, the last 5 years have been worse than any during the great depression.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If the unemployment numbers were calculated the same way they were back in the thirties, the last 5 years have been worse than any during the great depression.

They dont count the people whose unemployment benefits expired or who gave up looking for a job.The advertised unemployment figures are always a farce.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They dont count the people whose unemployment benefits expired or who gave up looking for a job.The advertised unemployment figures are always a farce.

I totally agree. It makes me mad when the news is saying jobs are getting better all because 20000 less unemployment claims were filed. You can only get so much unemployment before you are no longer eligible then what do those folks do? Our counting system is seriously flawed.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I totally agree. It makes me mad when the news is saying jobs are getting better all because 20000 less unemployment claims were filed. You can only get so much unemployment before you are no longer eligible then what do those folks do? Our counting system is seriously flawed.

Arno theyre only talking to the people whose response would be BAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAA :laughing9:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Working for telco, I'm a service tech. I can't believe the popularity right now of "indoor gardening" in this economy. I gotta say it's at least 50% of the calls I make, and "where'd the skunk die?" Seems like everyone wants to grow their own "pot" of tomatoes!

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
N,Charleston just got a big Boeing air plane plant.But there are screwing up.Ever time they fire off a new dreamliner the batteries catches on fire.Things may go down again anytime with the gov pulling this budget cut stuff. :-[

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working for telco, I'm a service tech. I can't believe the popularity right now of "indoor gardening" in this economy. I gotta say it's at least 50% of the calls I make, and "where'd the skunk die?" Seems like everyone wants to grow their own "pot" of tomatoes!

They will be wishing they set all that up out side in a greenhouse if the lights go out..there isnt nothing worse than trying to keep grow lights working off solar pannels and a battery bank..LOL

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wife & I just did our TAXES; From FED & STATE, getting close to $1,000 back. Taking AMTRAK (train) to DC for a one day trip on 1st day of SPRING... Life IS Good!

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember, when the good times return, don't jam yourself up with credit cards and over spending. Squirrel away the nuts for the next down time.
Today's mantra of "Cut Government Spending" could bite everyone when the realization of how we all depend on Gov employees spending is understood. They are our tax recyclers. It's a huge way to get our tax bucks back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions