Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
only if PayPal is selling names, Which I wouldn't rule out, IF Everyone was a charter member who
got contacted, and they told paypal what they are interested in or Paypal
bugged them.
and it seems to me most if not all would have had to posted in the shipwreck forum at some point, or listed gold or shipwrecks as an interest somewhere else.
meaning they were going by perceived interest ? which paypal wouldn't be aware of from here.

I'm going by this http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/336611-united-gold-explorations-what-s-story.html that United Gold Explorations Limited
is shipwreck people

Can't speak for anyone else, but I am NOT a charter member.

That address is used for Treasurenet forum ONLY. No other forums have this address.

Antivirus is always up to date and scan computer a couple times a week, spyware scans run every couple of days also. Use Comodo's secure servers for DNS bypassing my ISP.

I converse with only ONE tnet member with that email as it is actually reserved for my legal emails with the courts otherwise. I have separate emails for all forums so I can tell where the spam originates, otherwise I would not have asked the question here.

I was under the assumption that email addresses were kept private here, at least that is what my account settings are supposed to be.

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use gmail, and within the gmail itself I get metal detector ads, join the military ads, anything I talk to anyone about on email, I get ads, but they aren't emailed to me, they are on the page, different all the time. I had to laugh about some of those, I told one person that my all time real life hero was my Uncle, a USMC veteran of Pearl Harbor, Guam and Iwo Jima. I'm over 70 and started getting ads for joining the Marines.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Peer to peer forwarded e-mails?

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am NOT a charter member.

That address is used for Treasurenet forum ONLY. No other forums have this address.

Antivirus is always up to date and scan computer a couple times a week, spyware scans run every couple of days also. Use Comodo's secure servers for DNS bypassing my ISP.

I converse with only ONE tnet member with that email as it is actually reserved for my legal emails with the courts otherwise. I have separate emails for all forums so I can tell where the spam originates, otherwise I would not have asked the question here.

I was under the assumption that email addresses were kept private here, at least that is what my account settings are supposed to be.

Agreed... Are our e-mail addresses kept in the same regard as the "Private Message" aspect of this Forum?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated, we have talked to admins, TN has not and does not sell or share account info including email addresses.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they are private only to a degree stock :tongue3:

Anyway, I'll wait until infowars gets to the bottom of this situation :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Are you saying that "private messages" aren't private?

I used to place a warning header in my PM's asserting privacy and stating that readin the PMs would be a violation of the TOS . . . waste of time.

Your PMs can be accessed by admins and possibly mods. Whether they actually are or aren't is moot. Read the TOS.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0121stockpicker said:

Anything posted on any website can be recovered, that is common knowledge, if you read the TOS and rules they state even PMs can be read, now with that said neither Admins nor mods are reading anyone's pm unless they are reported to mods for rule violations.

We have plenty to do already..... You have a better chance of the PMs being read through the Patriot Act...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barrett 99 BMG 32" :icon_thumright:

Not only would it take out your eye, probably your whole head too :tongue3:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just saying I am tired of the accusations we read PM's

& I'm tired of saying we don't & can't

and I'm tired of it being Ignored , and seeing more accusations !

We Mods don't see & can't see any Private Messages period! The only Private Messages we see is what an individual reports to us.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Anything posted on any website can be recovered, that is common knowledge, if you read the TOS and rules they state even PMs can be read, now with that said neither Admins nor mods are reading anyone's pm unless they are reported to mods for rule violations.

We have plenty to do already..... You have a better chance of the PMs being read through the Patriot Act...

The NSA records them all along with all your phone conversations, but I can bet that they are not selling them. Frank
111-1 profileRED.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread