onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Red, I don't like it. And to be honest, I'm not all that fond of you. I'm done playing games with you. If you keep attacking my opinions I'm just going to stop giving them. Is that your goal? Silence all others who disagree with you. There is a song out there by Shinedown you should check out...pretty applicable.

Crisp I think many of us respect your intelligence but not your short fuse. It doesn't take much to set you off. I'm sure you treat your phyco. buddies with some what more respect. People who think they are smarter then the common guy still deserve a shot once in a while. No offense just a simple opinion.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Crisp I think many of us respect your intelligence but not your short fuse. It doesn't take much to set you off. I'm sure you treat your phyco. buddies with some what more respect. People who think they are smarter then the common guy still deserve a shot once in a while. No offense just a simple opinion.

You'll notice the size of my fuse is directly proportional to the amount of respect I have for the poster. When is the last time I snapped at you or DieselRam? I sorted things out with Worldtalker a while ago and I haven't had a bad word with him since. Heck, I even cleared things up with Bluedragon, we've been nothing but polite since. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. I have all the time in the world for a friend and very little for somebody who is impolite, rude, and pushing an agenda.

Respectfully,

Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Also...

If you think I have a short fuse on here then you do not want to see how protective I am of my patients. I'll go toe to toe with anybody who is not giving my patients the proper care. There is a story I told in Bill's ethics forum about a patient you should check out. Believe me, if your life depended on your physician standing up for you...you would want me in your corner.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok ok I was just making a observation I use to have a GP that was like you always there would talk ( to long sometimes) anyway he retired very early New rules from Aurora said cut your time to 7 min. per patient and here's another 50 or so new patients take care of them. Miss him.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang It.. I have lost control here? I should never have left! Sooo back to the point of the discussion?

By the way, I know Red, and I am learning alot about Crisp. I think the 2 are Honorable even though they may be diametrically opposed at times, but a difference of opinion is not a problem. A short fuse is not really a problem either as I also have one. How you deal with your fuse is something else entirely.
Red and I have sparred. Crisp and I have sparred. But we cool down and at least we can be civil to one another.

It is fun though! Really, don't you look forward to the exchange a little bit? I mean, you are not in front of them ready for a throw down are you? We are strictly in the realm of wordplay, and "words can never hurt me". I am always amazed at the internet.

Respectfully,
Dave

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have all the time in the world for a friend and very little for somebody who is impolite, rude, and pushing an agenda.

Hmmm, I'm impolite,rude and pushing an agenda.Specifics please.:laughing9:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't like the fact that perfectly good discussions get zapped because someone gets personal or agenda driven. It seems to happen when a post gets good and people can actually learn something.
About the question about laws. Maybe it's just my confusion about the question but most of the ten commandments are Thou Shalt Not..... We parent by saying NO! Some of the largest parenting mistakes I think are too much explaining to a kid, therefore Just Do It. The kid never understands the explanation anyway. They are more emotional than rational. A kid isn't looking for an explanation, they look to try to wear a parent out. That goes on until there are about 30.
Same for the general population. They can be a bit like kids in that regard. Isn't it rather intuitive that once you know what you can't do you'll know most of what you can? On a personal level I can be a rule/law breaker if I don't believe in the validity of the rule/law. I cherry pick to a degree. I don't break what I see as moral law. It's the laws in the rows of books on my lawyers bookshelves that seem outrageous. So many laws, so little time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hacker,

Threads get locked or deleted for multiple reasons.

Thread has ran course and has been side tracked to different topic not related to original post.

Original poster is violating rules and attacking members..

Multiple members are in a feud breaking rules and continue after being warned, usually including OP..

Members in thread attacking moderator or TreasureNet.

OP request thread be locked...

Those are primary reasons we lock or delete thread, editing out bad posts or language is strictly up to moderator involved and done as a courtesy only, if there are a lot of posts needing editing most times we will just delete them or lock and or delete thread...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Hunter Your quote: "Thread has ran course and has been side tracked to different topic not related to original post."
It's still adults having a conversation. Many conversations in real time change content. What's that hurt.
In truth I think the mods are often overly parental. Like an over zealous teacher on a play ground. If I don't like whats going on I can ignore the post. In fact I do if I answer a post and someone offers what I think is a stupid comment. I just go away. I'm sure they have been called stupid often enough my inclusion won't change anything.
Sometimes the worse action someone can take is to break up a fight. Even a food fight.
Some here invest a lot of time exchanging views and don't expect someone to be always looking over their shoulder.
This post was not meant as an attack on anything.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang It.. I have lost control here? I should never have left! Sooo back to the point of the discussion?

By the way, I know Red, and I am learning alot about Crisp. I think the 2 are Honorable even though they may be diametrically opposed at times, but a difference of opinion is not a problem. A short fuse is not really a problem either as I also have one. How you deal with your fuse is something else entirely.
Red and I have sparred. Crisp and I have sparred. But we cool down and at least we can be civil to one another.

It is fun though! Really, don't you look forward to the exchange a little bit? I mean, you are not in front of them ready for a throw down are you? We are strictly in the realm of wordplay, and "words can never hurt me". I am always amazed at the internet.

Respectfully,
Dave

Dave,

Very intelligent comments, as usual, I would expect nothing less from you. Getting back to the original point of the thread. Laws provide resolution to the crimes of evil men that cannot live peacefully in a society. Some people have no respect for others' lives, others' property, or others' opinion. These people are pure evil. Pure evil will stop at nothing to water their insatiable thirst for narcissistic validation. Their own personal wants, desires, and immediate gratifications is all that matter to them. There are many forms of these narcissistic sociopaths and they exist to different extremes. However, they do not desire a peaceful society...it will not provide enough chaos to fulfill the primitive drives. No, when one is confronted by evil men there is only two things we can do with them: destroy or exile.

Do not sleep easy at night. These sociopaths exist everywhere in the world and are omnipresent in our society. Wherever good men can be found there will be evil trying to feed off of them and then destroy them. This forum is no different then any other society. The overwhelming vast majority are good men. They seek to learn from each other, help when needed, and support emotionally. However, look at the body of posts each member exhibits over time. You will see, even here, true evil exists. It is the responsibility of us, the ones with the power to recognize them, to alert and protect our fellow men from their venom, hatred, and destruction.

Respectfully,
Crispin

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin,People are not good or evil,what they do is,people are a vehicle of said actions.Everyone gets exactly what they deserve in the end of this dimension.The Psychopath is the one to watch,very compelling to the unaware. GodBless Chris

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your response shows how deeply you Do understand the human race! I am sorry, I thought that it was a rudimentary exercise in academia for you when we first met!

And the reason that we do discuss the current topics in our society. Good for you, sir!(or me). We seem to be in sync on this issue!
The main point of my post is- how do you separate the evil that exists from the innocent, unless the sociopaths openly display the intentions in their hearts? In our country people expect and should receive the decency and respect afforded to them under the BofR. That is to say, unless you display or prove otherwise, our society allows that you are a moral person, an upstanding citizen, and not guilty of any crimes whatsoever.

I am not saying that on a personal level, based on personal experience over my lifetime, that I do not get a bad vibe, or feeling from some, I am sure Police have that alot stonger than I do. But the police must be more careful who they go after, They are sworn to uphold the law! If I decide not to do business or interact with someone that is MY right, The gobberment does not have the same individual rights that I do, nor should they.

Governments have no allowance for individual rights, the nature of government is control and conformity. The very reason that our founders allowed for limited government. Since no one can predict the future with certainty yet the very thought of arresting you for a future crime you may or may not commit is abhorrent. And it takes away your personal autonomy to act in YOUR best interest.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,People are not good or evil,what they do is,people are a vehicle of said actions.Everyone gets exactly what they deserve in the end of this dimension.The Psychopath is the one to watch,very compelling to the unaware. GodBless Chris

I had not anticipated people being a vehicle of good or evil. The way I look at it, if you allow yourself to be a vehicle for evil you have gone over.
But the psychopath has no idea where the line is? I always figured this person may be an original vehicle of evil?

Thanks for your explanation.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had not anticipated people being a vehicle of good or evil. The way I look at it, if you allow yourself to be a vehicle for evil you have gone over.
But the psychopath has no idea where the line is? I always figured this person may be an original vehicle of evil?

What you say is correct.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Dave,

It is not that the psychopath does not know where the line is; the psychopath does not know the line exists. It is very difficult to truly understand the mind of psychopaths. They do not see people as 'people.' They see them as objects. We discuss/debate each other we know that there is a caring/emotional person on the other end of the keyboard. We don't agree most of the time but, we seek to understand and learn from each other. When you sit down and discuss/debate with a psychopath on the computer it is different. It is not different from your side...but it is different from the psychopath's side. The psychopath has no idea, concept, or care for your emotions, thoughts, feelings, or what you are trying to learn. The psychopath sees you as an object. You are viewed as a material thing to provide the psychopath with some need. You are not alive to the psychopath. The psychopath uses you to gain what he needs and then discards you as if you never existed. Psychopaths go through life doing this with everybody they meet.

So, what would a psychopath gain from being on TNet? Good question, Dave, I'm glad you asked it. It is possible that a psychopath could scam somebody on here for getting money or material things...but fairly unlikely; there are much easier targets in this world. Psychopaths consider themselves to be infinitely smarter than everybody else. Furthermore, they take pleasure in hurting others emotionally and (in their opinion) making them look bad. It validates their narcisistic ego.

It is easy to spot a psychopath on TNET. Very rarely will they give their own opinion on something. By giving their own opinion it would open them up to criticism. They cannot tolerate criticism in any form and will react violently to it. Instead of giving their own opinion they will quote others or just hit the 'like' button on others' opinions instead. That way, if the opinion is criticized it has nothing to do with them. A psychopath keeps their comments very short. The less words they post, the safer they are. Most of a psychopath's posts have very little thought in them and are generalized statements that cannot be proved or disproved. Psychopath's comments will escalate very rapidly to insults; both insinuated and direct. At first sign of feeling like they are wrong their fragile ego breaks and they lash out violently. They are unable to process any emotions internally and must direct all personal feelings outwards...in the form of attacks. Lastly, a psychopath will laugh at and belittle others' posts. They consider their own knowledge so superior that anybody who doesn't agree with it is comical to them. They are unable to consider any opinion other then their own.

Psychopaths are everywhere in society. With over 50,000 members on TNET, you can bet there a few hanging around here.

Respectfully,
Crispin

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave,

It is not that the psychopath does not know where the line is; the psychopath does not know the line exists. It is very difficult to truly understand the mind of psychopaths. They do not see people as 'people.' They see them as objects. We discuss/debate each other we know that there is a caring/emotional person on the other end of the keyboard. We don't agree most of the time but, we seek to understand and learn from each other. When you sit down and discuss/debate with a psychopath on the computer it is different. It is not different from your side...but it is different from the psychopath's side. The psychopath has no idea, concept, or care for your emotions, thoughts, feelings, or what you are trying to learn. The psychopath sees you as an object. You are viewed as a material thing to provide the psychopath with some need. You are not alive to the psychopath. The psychopath uses you to gain what he needs and then discards you as if you never existed. Psychopaths go through life doing this with everybody they meet.

So, what would a psychopath gain from being on TNet? Good question, Dave, I'm glad you asked it. It is possible that a psychopath could scam somebody on here for getting money or material things...but fairly unlikely; there are much easier targets in this world. Psychopaths consider themselves to be infinitely smarter than everybody else. Furthermore, they take pleasure in hurting others emotionally and (in their opinion) making them look bad. It validates their narcisistic ego.

It is easy to spot a psychopath on TNET. Very rarely will they give their own opinion on something. By giving their own opinion it would open them up to criticism. They cannot tolerate criticism in any form and will react violently to it. Instead of giving their own opinion they will quote others or just hit the 'like' button on others' opinions instead. That way, if the opinion is criticized it has nothing to do with them. A psychopath keeps their comments very short. The less words they post, the safer they are. Most of a psychopath's posts have very little thought in them and are generalized statements that cannot be proved or disproved. Psychopath's comments will escalate very rapidly to insults; both insinuated and direct. At first sign of feeling like they are wrong their fragile ego breaks and they lash out violently. They are unable to process any emotions internally and must direct all personal feelings outwards...in the form of attacks. Lastly, a psychopath will laugh at and belittle others' posts. They consider their own knowledge so superior that anybody who doesn't agree with it is comical to them. They are unable to consider any opinion other then their own.

Psychopaths are everywhere in society. With over 50,000 members on TNET, you can bet there a few hanging around here.

Respectfully,
Crispin

I'd say there a few hanging out in Washington too!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Dave,

Respectfully,
Crispin

Hmm...do they use :sign10: and :laughing9: a lot?

Grrr...now everytime i use my "Comical" response people will point and throw stones at me! lol.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dano,

No worries from me....but a few others might be tempted to toss a few stones your way....lol...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hvacker said:
Treasure Hunter Your quote: "Thread has ran course and has been side tracked to different topic not related to original post."
It's still adults having a conversation. Many conversations in real time change content. What's that hurt.
In truth I think the mods are often overly parental. Like an over zealous teacher on a play ground. If I don't like whats going on I can ignore the post. In fact I do if I answer a post and someone offers what I think is a stupid comment. I just go away. I'm sure they have been called stupid often enough my inclusion won't change anything.
Sometimes the worse action someone can take is to break up a fight. Even a food fight.
Some here invest a lot of time exchanging views and don't expect someone to be always looking over their shoulder.
This post was not meant as an attack on anything.
Read our rules, they state rules for threads and posts, when threads reached conclusion to close and start new thread if subject mater changes.

It is also mods jobs to STOP fights and arguments, not let them play out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread