The Metaphysics Of Treasure Hunting

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter where you are in the world there is some kind of treasure out there, just sitting and waiting to be found. It has rested there for years, or even centuries, lurking just out of sight. It wants to be found. It needs to be found. It is up to you to do it. You can point your finger randomly out in any direction and somewhere on that line a treasure, large or small, hides. It Is There. If you were a treasure, where would you hide? Some treasure was just lost, as in a shipwreck. Some treasure was actually placed where it is. Find It!

I going to sip another Scotch while I look at my maps! Clynelish it is. I can't speak for those Digger boys, but this is my Nectar.

It's the weekend guys and gals. It is time for a hunt! Success to you all.........

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Be safe and happy hunting. Yes stuff been squirreled a long time,and like those oaks that sprouted not all gets recovered. While a site can evolve not all its past is gone. What's where is there.:cross:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You missed out "Millennia". Need to get yaself to the UK mate. Nothing better than gently brushing mud from a 2,000 year old coin or trinket, last touched buy a Roman soldier, Celt, Saxon, Viking etc. All joking, criticism and animosity aside....i really feel for you folks across the pond. I know you're happy with what is available to you there and that's great, just saying that the feeling of being the first person to touch and hold something lost for Millennia...better than sex lol....if you're "History" based!
Whatever you may find...hope you enjoyed finding it and best of luck Griz.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres plenty over here to find dano.Viking,Celt,Roman,Knights Templar,artifacts have all been found here.The bonus is Paleo Indian artifacts.Ever dig up an atlatl dart point and have it dated to 9000 to 8000BC

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yes Dano,those who make it over there to hunt seldom fail to be enthralled with the potential. not quite the holy grail most finds, but near enough time wise to be exciting. Scythian gold art a favorite for me to imagine hunting.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You folks over the pond have a distink advantage over us when it comes to great historical places to hunt!!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Fair enough RJ...and no!

That's what it's all about relevent, the possibilities, the anticipation of not knowing just what's made that loud beep! :)

OP
OP
GrizLeeBear

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You missed out "Millennia". Need to get yaself to the UK mate. Nothing better than gently brushing mud from a 2,000 year old coin or trinket, last touched buy a Roman soldier, Celt, Saxon, Viking etc. All joking, criticism and animosity aside....i really feel for you folks across the pond. I know you're happy with what is available to you there and that's great, just saying that the feeling of being the first person to touch and hold something lost for Millennia...better than sex lol....if you're "History" based!
Whatever you may find...hope you enjoyed finding it and best of luck Griz.

Thank you for the kind wishes. However, we get to keep what we find, unlike in England were the Gov is always waiting with a hand out.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree with this post, Any place on earth contains some type of treasure,Its just a matter of locating it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread