THE PICTURES IN YOUR HEAD@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
At first I thought some guys here were going Bi, But then I remembered what I learned in Phyc. class. YOU THINK IN PICTURES, well most do. So the guys are switching to babes in there avitors in search of more pleasant replies. Jeff G. that was quite a switch!
I remember in chemistry, I had quite the teacher, Miss Moody. She knew this secret. For the hard to remember elements, she taged them with pictures for us. Lead was plumb bob (PB), antimony was 'O', that bad phrase,(SB). Then there were the phrases like Johnny was a nice boy, but Johnny is no more, for what he thought was H2O was H2SO4. (sulfuric acid). Then there was the color code in electronic class. ( Everyone loved Violate). I can't post that one about the bad boys without killing the thread.
OK lets hear yours! ...Frank

068-LEDA.jpg

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank,Not a good place to live,unfortunately most people do to their own peril.Images in the mind are just that,IMAGES,what can you do with them,some think they are a legend in their own minds.Sorry if I spoiled your thread,no harm intended,just the truth! GodBless Chris

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frank,Not a good place to live,unfortunately most people do to their own peril.Images in the mind are just that,IMAGES,what can you do with them,some think they are a legend in their own minds.Sorry if I spoiled your thread,no harm intended,just the truth! GodBless Chris

I was referring to memory links in the brain. We all have and use them. I will give you an example. I say COW. A picture pops up in your brain that equates to a past association with or just a picture that you have seen of a cow. My image is a white faced Hereford because I use to raise them. Maybe yours is a black Angus, we might have different pictures, but we both know what we are referring to.
I was not referring to mental problems or delusions of grandeur. ...Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So like the word hillbilly? I see a toothless, john deer hat wearing old man sitting beside his moon shine steel...right? :tongue3:

That sorta sounds like me , except I can still eat corn on the cob...LOL

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
So like the word hillbilly? I see a toothless, john deer hat wearing old man sitting beside his moon shine steel...right? :tongue3:

That sorta sounds like me , except I can still eat corn on the cob...LOL
I am afraid you got me on that last line. lol Actually when you said hillbilly, the Clantons popped into my head. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you mean though 100%...it all depends on age as well..think of this..the word fag when I was a kid ment a cig....now days lol not so much...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I see what you mean though 100%...it all depends on age as well..think of this..the word fag when I was a kid ment a cig....now days lol not so much...

It varies by country also. Bully means tormentor here and in England it means friend, so the mental pictures are completely different. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A Child comes into this world with a mush brain,hasn't had time to be corrupted,He/She sees things without names,that's the problem with labeling things.Just my observation. GodBless Chris

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
A Child comes into this world with a mush brain,hasn't had time to be corrupted,He/She sees things without names,that's the problem with labeling things.Just my observation. GodBless Chris
I agree, a child is a clean slate. The images are added by its environment.The parents start them off and there friends add to the images, but they themselves are the ultimate decider on how they view things and that view is constantly altered. If they have a dog, that is there mental image for the word dog, but when the dog passes and they get a new dog, that image fades into the image of the new dog. As I said before I am talking about mental images of words, not attitudes about the images. That is a completely different subject. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank I note you didn't say you hated the avatar!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frank I note you didn't say you hated the avatar!

I liked that one with the girl in it. It caught me by surprise. Hate is usually not something I do, life is to short for that. Now if I stepped in a big pile of BS, that would be a great dislike but passing event. lol Frank...

05086v.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread