NJ stringing up dead birds to get rid of buzzards. They need Hot weather !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaah The Smell of Rotting Bird in the mid Day Sun :laughing7:

BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (AP) — The dead vulture's feathers snap and crack, breaking apart as its frozen wings are spread for one last flight.
It will soon soar gracefully — albeit briefly — into a tree in this hilly New Jersey suburb, hoisted to a branch where it will hang, upside down, until spring.

Vultures may like to eat road kill but it turns out they don't like the sight of their own dead upside down.
"They don't like seeing their own in that unnatural position," Rein said.

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vultures may like to eat road kill but it turns out they don't like the sight of their own dead upside down. "They don't like seeing their own in that unnatural position," Rein said.

Contrary to Rein's belief the vultures don't like seeing their dead, it's something totally unrelated.

You see for years, pigeons have been migrating from Brooklyn, to NJ, and they actually strung up that vulture as a warning to stay off their turf. Kindda like the horses head, and an offer you can't refuse thing :icon_thumright: :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have thought maybe Jersey was trying out new christmas decorations

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, unless the law has changed, it is illegal to kill a vulture. They are very usefull in cleaning up the dead animals. Three of them live in my barn and and dispose of dead animals in the area. Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg Yea, it's a raven, I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread