Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dang! I thought you were going to ask who liked it . . .

:hello: - Raising my hand . . . just can't have any anymore.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to know...I can tell you how to make some...lol...... ms steel.JPG

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to know...I can tell you how to make some...lol...... View attachment 759907

Just don't drink what comes out of the still first...unless of course, you want to go blind.

Alcohol CH3CH2OH
Methanol CH3OH

not much of a difference...alcohol boils off around what 79 degrees Celsius? Methanol probably about 15 degrees less. I'm just spit balling on the numbers.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy st. Patricks day all! Leaving the whisky and whiskey alone the only big break from tradition here. Am allowed a beer a week,must have missed a enough weeks some where to get a green beer tongue though!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Methanol is wood alcohol,made from wood,you cannot get methanol from a first run of a grain mash still.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Methanol is wood alcohol,made from wood,you cannot get methanol from a first run of a grain mash still.

Care to test that theory? You drink what comes out of the still first and we will see how much longer you see.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't drink what comes out of the still first...unless of course, you want to go blind.

Alcohol CH3CH2OH
Methanol CH3OH

not much of a difference...alcohol boils off around what 79 degrees Celsius? Methanol probably about 15 degrees less. I'm just spit balling on the numbers.

I never keep the first 5 shots on my gallon steel....set that on fire to test it...blue flame...not bad...invisible flame...kick butt...I have no idea what the bad stuff is called though..

Crispin your using them big words again...I dont know the names of it but my pappy made sure I had this process down pat over 20 years ago...you should taste the brandy I make..WoooHooo

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Care to test that theory? You drink what comes out of the still first and we will see how much longer you see.

Eazy doc...I do know old timers that have drank it, and they arnt bumping into anything...back in the day...people wasnt throwing ANYTHING away...that was $

back in my child hood my pops and I walked up into the foot hills of Tenn. His old stomping ground and we seen some steels they were using and it wasnt even made from copper or stainless...now thats scary..

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I never keep the first 5 shots on my gallon steel....set that on fire to test it...blue flame...not bad...invisible flame...kick butt...I have no idea what the bad stuff is called though..

Crispin your using them big words again...I dont know the names of it but my pappy made sure I had this process down pat over 20 years ago...you should taste the brandy I make..WoooHooo

The bad stuff is called methanol. The fermentation process produces that as well for ALL ALCOHOL. If you drink it you will first go blind and then die. But heh, RJC, the wise, has spoken and states it is okay. I can't wait to watch him test his theory...that will be the last we hear of him. Of course, what do I know? Not like I took graduate level advanced organic chemistry, taught organic chemistry lab at UVA, and then became a doctor...or anything bizarre like that.

The methanol comes off first because it lacks a carbon in its chain leading to a much lower boiling point.

Make sure you read Dave44's thread on Laws in the US. Some information about people not caring about other's health you might want to see...

Be safe BlueDragon!

Your Friend,
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Eazy doc...I do know old timers that have drank it, and they arnt bumping into anything...back in the day...people wasnt throwing ANYTHING away...that was $

back in my child hood my pops and I walked up into the foot hills of Tenn. His old stomping ground and we seen some steels they were using and it wasnt even made from copper or stainless...now thats scary..

The cure for methanol poisoning is ethanol (standard alcohol.) If they kept drinking past the methanol and into the ethanol then the ethanol out competes the receptors and the methanol has nothing to bind to. Over 24 hours the methanol is dehydroxylated by the body and then harmless. When a pt. comes into the ER with methanol poisoning we put them on an IV drip of alcohol. That's right, we keep them drunk for 24 hours until they are safe, lol!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This isn't rocket science or brain surgery...wait a minute, I guess it is. LOL!

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cure for methanol poisoning is ethanol (standard alcohol.) If they kept drinking past the methanol and into the ethanol then the ethanol out competes the receptors and the methanol has nothing to bind to. Over 24 hours the methanol is dehydroxylated by the body and then harmless. When a pt. comes into the ER with methanol poisoning we put them on an IV drip of alcohol. That's right, we keep them drunk for 24 hours until they are safe, lol!

That does make since, they DID keep drinking...so we are both right..sweet.
I like it when it works out like that..

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That does make since, they DID keep drinking...so we are both right..sweet.
I like it when it works out like that..

Lets just sit around and see what happens when RJC tests his theory. Amazing...he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about but has no qualms making a statement that could end up in somebody's death!?!?

I don't know what you guys call it; but in psychiatry...we have a name for it.

Again, stay safe me friend,

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread