The Common Word for Fear

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of agree with Blue. I used to live in the suburbs then I moved to a rural farm in another state and I hate leaving home. I have family in Minnesota and so does my wife and they want us to come up there all the time. I don't like to because I have animals to take care of, atleast that is what I tell my self. The few times I have left for more than a couple days one of my dogs was hit by a car, another hurt himself and now has a problem with his back legs and chicken massacures have happened 3 seperate times. I do not like to leave because I feel like bad things happen when I leave and my wife agrees to a point.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

Yep.....that's the hotel all right.....I was in that piano lounge on one of my trips....went to the restroom and had a hard time finding my table....lol...

There were a couple of ladies fresh from University from South Carolina if I recall setting at the next table....they were checking over the menu and being rather hesitant....I figured they were probably on a tight budget....

In any event I told them I had a bit of time to kill and if they didn't mind my company I'd pick up the tab.

They each had a glass of house wine and a piece of cheesecake.....including the coffees they'd had before the bill was $69.00 before tip......not the type of place to hang out unless you're on an expense account....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Ahh, the great old Hilton Marquis in the theater section, right next to where MTV had a studio too :tongue3: I still go there twice a year, and to let you know, they got rid of that turning bar with piano on the 6th floor :crybaby2:

Those elevators are a trip too, what a rush :tongue3:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Spart,

Yep.....that's the hotel all right.....I was in that piano lounge on one of my trips....went to the restroom and had a hard time finding my table....lol...

There were a couple of ladies fresh from University from South Carolina if I recall setting at the next table....they were checking over the menu and being rather hesitant....I figured they were probably on a tight budget....

In any event I told them I had a bit of time to kill and if they didn't mind my company I'd pick up the tab.

They each had a glass of house wine and a piece of cheesecake.....including the coffees they'd had before the bill was $69.00 before tip......not the type of place to hang out unless you're on an expense account....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

You guys lived high on the hog. The last time I was in NY I stayed at the Shelburn Hotel. That was in '62 and they had an automat for food service. But we splurged and went to Melvins Steak House and got the $1.99 stake special. lol Frank

liberty lady.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lucky for you they didn't order sushi, you'd need a 2nd mortgage :laughing7: I would always attend the FCC dinner (Foreign Commerce Club) every year, attendance was always 1000 + until 2008 and you should have seen my bar tab :tongue3: Then again, I never took advantage of my expense account, and a VP, or General Sales Manager would always ask me to open a tab anyway.

One time at my regular bar, we had a sales meeting bite to eat and drink night. Ran up a $400 bill in under 2 hours and Manager said, if I was going to stay, just leave the tab open for myself. I did party that night :tongue3:

Frankn, yes sir, those were the days my friend, we thought they never end :laughing7:

But they did for me in 2008 :crybaby2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread