Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
"Agoraphobia is most known as a fear of "leaving the home" or being out in public. Agoraphobia, however, is one of the closest phobias associated with a fear of losing control. The home is seen as ultimate protection, while leaving the home is the fear of not having control of the outside environment. Of course the fear of lacking control can come at different times and in different ways for anyone that suffers from that particular type of anxiety."

Now opening the floor for questions and comments.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank big pharma for xanax

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
"Agoraphobia is most known as a fear of "leaving the home" or being out in public. Agoraphobia, however, is one of the closest phobias associated with a fear of losing control. The home is seen as ultimate protection, while leaving the home is the fear of not having control of the outside environment. Of course the fear of lacking control can come at different times and in different ways for anyone that suffers from that particular type of anxiety."

Well, I have this fear of looking over the edge of a high place. It feels like gravity is pulling me down. I know, gravity is actually a force pushing down from above as expressed by Einstein. The strange part is I can fly in ultralights, helicoptors, etc and it doesn't bother me. You should have seen me putting the roof on my house. lol Frank..

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now opening the floor for questions and comments.

Do you pull or push them out if the place is on fire?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Think I have that issue..lol I cant stand leaving my house unless im going to my parents place cause people just make no since to me...the way they live, how they drive, and how they act out in public....yep id rather stay at home and transplant something...:laughing7:

When I was in my 20's and smoked a FATTY I didnt want to look out the windows...8-)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, sometimes I wonder where you got your degree Crispin :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

You omitted the greatest phobia of all, tnetphobia :icon_thumright:

tnetphobia: Fear of reading some threads and worrying described events will happen :laughing7:

Unlike most phobias, this one covers so many bases. Not only will you barricade yourself in the house, you won't eat, or do much of anything for that matter. Yes, it covers all aspects of life too :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn,

I guess we have something in common....I've flown countless times...no problem.

On a business trip to New York I was staying at a hotel near time square the atrium basically went from the lobby to pretty much the top of the building.....I was on the 25th floor if memory serves me correctly.....a guardrail about 3 feet high or so and the lobby floor directly below...

Needless to say from and to the elevator pretty much walked along the hallway nearer the doors than the guardrail....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a business trip to New York I was staying at a hotel near time square the atrium basically went from the lobby to pretty much the top of the building.....I was on the 25th floor if memory serves me correctly.....a guardrail about 3 feet high or so and the lobby floor directly below...

Ahh, the great old Hilton Marquis in the theater section, right next to where MTV had a studio too :tongue3: I still go there twice a year, and to let you know, they got rid of that turning bar with piano on the 6th floor :crybaby2:

Those elevators are a trip too, what a rush :tongue3:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever do something that was not gracious,feeling an angst afterward,like someone watching you? Guilty conscience!

How often do you feel this way?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
― Sigmund Freud

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever do something that was not gracious,feeling an angst afterward,like someone watching you? Guilty conscience!
If you don't show some form of guilt about something (anything) then you are just a living corpse. We are all born guilty. Ask a Catholic, they'll tell ya! lol.

Fear of going outside or of open spaces? Not me.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frankn,

I guess we have something in common....I've flown countless times...no problem.

Needless to say from and to the elevator pretty much walked along the hallway nearer the doors than the guardrail....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well I was a passenger in all cases, but I took the controlls from the right seat of an L20 Beaver and flew from Balto. to Raley/Duram where the pilot took over and did a touch and go. Yes, it was an Army plane. The ultralite was one of those parachute type. The height didn't bother me but those 10 MPH gust almost broke it loose. The helicopter was a free hop when I was shooting the air show in Frederick MD. It was an extremely small chopper and boy did it vibrate. MY last commercial ride was from Balto to Chicago. It got hit by lighting and had to return to Balto in the thunder storm with no radar. They had to replace the nose cover and radar dish behind it. I re-boarded, but about 1/2 refused to re-board the plane. Hay, it seldom strikes the same place twice in one day. lol Frank.

coins-eagle.jpg

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
― Sigmund Freud

Ask any divorced man ...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions