How long till NY is a dictatorship?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I think they(with help) NEED to take their state back from nyc.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it so bad that your not from here and you can see ? it gets worse and worse but moving when your entire family/friends

Are here is not realy an option .this is the Empire State.Ever watch Star Wars?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enacting frivolous laws, only creates more law breakers. Just like the 55mph speed limit that no one obeyed, eventually wiser heads will prevail......let's hope.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the majority of our states population live in NYC and Albany the odds of wisdom ever prevailing are slim .
I still have plenty of hunting grounds here in hillbillies he'll but my world is getting smaller

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be fun to watch a remake of Escape from New York

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hehe that crossed my mind too...just seems to me like the mayors of NYC seem to rule with an iron fist, No way in hell I'd vote for one of them in a national election. I know the people up there have had some tough things to deal with best wishes to you all

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mayor is a complete IDIOT, when someone with government power starts to push their personal beliefs on other people and they let him get away with it, WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just baffled at what I see happening there.

"We think THIS size of a soda is too big for you."
"We think you don't need headphones that are that loud"

When is enough enough?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well i live in Ny and the ways things are going....
we ain`t seen nothing yet and...
it`s a well layed plan....
these things are not mistakes
we are stuck in a nite mare
In 21 years I have paid more money in property taxes and school taxes than i paid for my house ( i built it ) and land 22 akers
Where are my pills ??

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I missed that news. I thought NY was already under a totalitarian government, no?

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know...you never hear anything about the people of NY standing up and saying enough is enough. I know its one busy city is that the way we're all going to react when it comes to our respective states?? Is everyone so busy trying to survive that they don't have time to worry about their rights? I did have an interesting read today...it deals with precious metals and gems...Liberty coin sued Ohio, it's in idk if its state supreme court or federal, It was a long read so I'll try to boil it down some. Basically the state got sued over the wording of a recent law it was (broad based) but said that as a business that your not allowed to buy anything jewelry from a private individual with out a permit or advertise that you do. You also have to carry a bond of 10,000 or prove that you have the assets to equal. I don't know who determines the value of the assets but the money has to be paid up front if getting bonded, also they want a year equivalent experience(sounds like a way to deny whoever they want to)...anyway back to the point. On the court orders it said that the supreme court has adopted a rule to not over ride the elected public officials because it would frustrate them...except for un-constitutional acts of a state and it sounded pretty shakey that they even wanted to rule in that case...thankfully history of previous cases ruled upon held their water the dept of financial institutions at this moment isn't allowed to regulate it just yet but when I talked to them today they seemed fairly positive it would be settled by summer and in their favor. Anyway I'm setting up my business before they are allowed to regulate it maybe grandfather in since it's such a secretive business. I will follow their rules might wait to apply for the permit though. Its super expensive to get started in the jewelry business. Hell I might even have to sue them...hope not though, the cad wax machine I'm wanting cost 42k rather buy equipment than lawyers. It'd be really hard to learn anything directly to get the experience they want and there's not that many places that hire either...I tried several places couple years back.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the no large sodas ban. It's the sad truth, but many of us(including myself) don't have a good enough willpower to stop doing bad things. And yes folks, soda is bad. Or "pop" as we like to call it here in WA State.
I wish they'd ban cigs too, sometimes I can't NOT take a few drags off your cig when we've been drinkin' haha:)
HH everyone, all this NY talk is making me want a cheesesteak!!!!

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the no large sodas ban. It's the sad truth, but many of us(including myself) don't have a good enough willpower to stop doing bad things. And yes folks, soda is bad. Or "pop" as we like to call it here in WA State.
I wish they'd ban cigs too, sometimes I can't NOT take a few drags off your cig when we've been drinkin' haha:)

If the intent of the large sized soda ban was to keep people from getting fat and engaging in unhealthy eating habits, then it missed the target. Fat guy steps up to the order window and asks for TWO regular sized sodas, and a double whopper with extra fries.

Maybe instead of spending the taxpayers money on pushing for a large sized soda ban, the mayor cold have embarked on a campaign to highlight the benefits of healthy eating. No laws, no bans, just education. I don't think laws and bans will ever convince people to be thin fashion models. Anyway does not NYC have more pressing problems?

M

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Link buddy, I drink LARGE amounts of soda and I am not fat. I have the will power (just like everyone else does) not to drink it but I do drink it cause I want to. Banning and over regulating anything just makes it that much more desirable...
The soda ban is more about taxes and an experiment to see how much dictatorship they can place on the citizens before they rise up. MUCH more control coming soon...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
images
I just opened another one.
images

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to delete what I was going to say...WOW someone actually wants to be told what their allowed to eat and drink:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:....sigh I feel so much better lol. So who has weather good enough to get out in? Was super windy here last two days now its like 20 degrees out hope this is winters last blast here in Ohio. I got my spring cleaning done already now I need some sunshine and fresh batteries for my MD :D

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did copy that deleted reply it was a laundry list of ailments this country faces. dieselram all I can say we need more people like you in this country

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About what Potts...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread