onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing happened today. The kings guard filled his gas limo with Diesel.. Tow truck time:laughing7: in Israel.

I would have thought they taught the international color for deisel on a gas nozzle was green. Guess they don't teach these things in collage:laughing7:

And these guys carry guns??

If that guy who we will call a (Small woody plant) did this, we'd hear about it for weeks.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy, you're digging deep here aren't you? Like President Obama just told his driver to pull into the local Israeli station and fill it up. sheeesh, at least he hasn't lied us into a war yet.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy, you're digging deep here aren't you? Like President Obama just told his driver to pull into the local Israeli station and fill it up. sheeesh, at least he hasn't lied us into a war yet.

Just shows you who he hires:laughing7: Look he could be the new burger king with as many whoppers as he's sold us.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny thing happened today. The kings guard filled his gas limo with Diesel.. Tow truck time:laughing7: in Israel.

I would have thought they taught the international color for deisel on a gas nozzle was green. Guess they don't teach these things in collage:laughing7:

If that guy who we will call a (Small woody plant) did this, we'd hear about it for weeks.

This is what they learned in collage.
president-barack-obama-newspaper-headlines-collage.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like a plot by the government to get us all to put diesel in our tanks and ruin our engines......

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, Syria Libya and Egypt are not wars because the congress never got a chance to vote on them, right? Well then, point taken.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

The International colour for diesel is black actually. Green is unleaded.....just saying! :)

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Yea... I guess not.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I hate to admit this, but I once put 5 gal of gas in my diesel. Come to find out Shell uses green on all it's pumps And the sign said,"diesel this isle", but only the end pump was diesel. So that made 5 gal of gas in 35 gal of diesel. It ran OK and that was over a year ago. I now smell the nosell before I fill. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The International colour for diesel is black actually. Green is unleaded.....just saying! :)

Question sent to BP:
--------------------
Why would you have a station use abnormal colors on pump nozzles? It is the generally accepted convention that diesel fuel nozzles are green. At this particular station the diesel nozzle is black and the gas nozzle is green.

Do not point out the nozzle size difference. That is not the issue. It is the misleading color that is at issue here. What possible gain to you get from this? WHY did you do this?
Are most brits color blind? just saying.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
And what did BP reply? (If, unlike me, they actually understood your question!)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to selling fuel, I don't think the US has a standardized system. In NJ I've noticed most of the pumps selling diesel are yellow. AS far as the nozzles go, most stations have 2 sizes for their diesel too, one for trucks, the other for autos, so that won't help you either. :tongue3:

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what did BP reply? (If, unlike me, they actually understood your question!)

Looks like BP started this with the change from diesel green to gasoline green to promote their green initiative. Clean energy??

I think we use to have a color code for different kinds of fuels but the owners of all the gas stations just answer the question with نیست نقش دیوار و چشم خیره ما نقش

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions