Amazing Race insults Viet Nam Vets

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You sound like Jane Fonda . You not being there you have no opinion. sorry.

Jane Fonda was there. TV showed pictures of her sitting on an anti aircraft gun there DURING the war. "Hanoi Jane". Frank...
hot cat 2.jpg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be fine if a Vietnamese media aired their own version of that dumba$$ show in front of a downed B52 and sang songs but not an American show. What if the show had filmed in front of a Nazi gas chamber while singing songs worshiping Hitler? How about the crew shooting a show at Pearl Harbor singing of Hirohito? Maybe filming along the trail of the Batan death march and singing praises of the Japanese army? A show like the "Amazing Disgrace" needs to stick to their silly little games they play and leave history to the "History Channel". Most of the contestants I've seen when channel surfing are a bunch of screwed up people that have no sense of the real world to begin with.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I definitely understand what you are trying to say, but the point is being missed all the way round.

No, I wouldn't bring a Japanese game show crew to Jerome, Arkansas and have them compete at the site of the Japanese internment camp here in Ashley County.

I wouldn't bring that same group to visit the statue you mention and then get them to sing anti-Japanese songs in English. That would not be right.

I feel very sad for you if you don't understand the insult their show's producers were engaging in. It was done to insult veterans here.

:censored:

I understand full well what the PERCIEVED "insult" is. I just disagree that the reason was because of your last sentence, that it was done purposely.

Point taken Packer mate. Sounds like it was crass and not well thought out. Still think it's whining for whinings sake though!

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the question has been misplaced here by people with little concern of America or her war vets. The question isnt about war memorials or the rights or motives of those who erect them. The question is why did CBS chose to show THAT memorial out of all that can be seen in Vie Nam. I did 3 tours there in the 60's, there is plenty to see that has nothing to do with war.

Viet Vet 1969

Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hanoi Jane was not the only one there, don't forget about John Kerry who went with her. One thing you all seem to forget is that this insult took place on the 50 th anniversary of the start of the Viet Nam War. Just a coincidence? When the people show no respect as they did when we first came back from Viet Nam it really makes you wonder where this country is going to. It would seem that the majority of the people running the country now did not serve in the military. If a person does not want to fight , great you can serve in a job that will allow you to not fight but everyone in this country should serve. A great man once said "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and surprise of surprises he was a Democrat and he served this country both in and out of the military. Politicians should stop the party war and quit worring about what they can put in their pockets and get down to the business of getting this mess straightened out. I personally am tired of all the party BS I want to see someone who really cares about this country and where it's headed to get in office. I wasn't born here but I became a citizen in 1958 and served first in the USMC and in Viet Nam and then in the US Army and volenteered to go back. I beleive I have as much right as any to complain and more than most, I hate to see where this country has gone in the last 40 years. Almost make me want to go back where I came from.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surprises he was a Democrat (Quote.) And he was the last one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions