davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, you served the same time I did. And I'm RA. my draft number was 350 or something like that. I joined to stop the spread of communist aggression in Southeast Asia. How about you?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CR I'm goin on 62,I served my time 69-72,got an early out,If I had to do it all over I NEVER would have enlisted,but I served my Country.

REMF?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
hey, you served the same time I did. And I'm RA. my draft number was 350 or something like that. I joined to stop the spread of communist aggression in Southeast Asia. How about you?

Well,I got my draft notice,at the time they were drawing the 'lottery',my number was 33,I went to New Haven Conn. the next day and enlisted in the Navy,ended up in Sub Service,what a trip at 19,but,they were not getting my ass in ANY jungle,knew 3 boys that never came back.Man besides the war I would like those days back,easy livin without Big Brother interference.Richard Nixon,I am not a CROOK,who the hell was He trying to fool!GodBless My Brother,Chris

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
As a Vet diagnosed with PTSD, I really can't remember ever shooting anybody that wasn't trying to kill me or my buddies. This "study" is a load of khrap - in my opinion.

Terry,You served your Country as I,I never had to use a gun,I had nuclear missiles on my side,PTSD can come from any walk in life,not necessarily the jungle,and,yes I agree,Kill or be killed,you are onlly surviving my Friend.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
,but I served my Country.

The only thing you are serving by regurgitating this crap is your liberal agenda.
And "serving" doesn't mean you speak for anybody. Adolph Hitler, Timothy McVeigh, Charles Whitman, George Washington, Captain Kangaroo, Andy Rooney, Elvis Presley, Herman Goering and Al Gore "served" too.

Speak for yourself, when you post this crap and use your military service in an attempt to validate it people think we're all that way.

we're already fighting a country full of people that think vet=crazy and PTSD means you re going to snap and end up in a clock tower with clown suit and a rifle.

This is not helping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing you are serving by regurgitating this crap is a liberal agenda.
And "serving" doesn't mean you speak for anybody. Adolph Hitler, Timothy McVeigh, Charles Whitman, George Washington, Captain Kangaroo, Herman Goering and Al Gore "served" too.

Speak for yourself, when you post this crap and use your military service in an attempt to validate it people think we're all that way.

we're already fighting a country full of people that think vet=crazy and PTSD means you re going to snap and end up in a clock tower with clown suit and a rifle.

This is not helping.
It was not my intent for you to go ballistic,don't let your thoughts of past experience control your future,WAKE UP to NOW,what else is real.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask how old you are?

Old enough to not want to quibble on the internet with people who insult those of us who served and think that just because they were forced to it gives them a right to judge the mental status of those who volunteered just because they read a story about mental health on the internet.
I did 6 tours.
And I'll give you a hint, if you look really hard my picture is in this thread somewhere.

I'm done talking to you.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Old enough to not want to quibble on the internet with people who insult those of us who served and think that just because they were forced to it gives them a right to judge the mental status of those who volunteered just because they read a story about mental health on the internet.
I did 6 tours.
And I'll give you a hint, if you look really hard my picture is in this thread somewhere.

I'm done talking to you.

CR,I thank you for your Service,watch you're resent toward my reply,I'm sorry if you are hateful,don't blame me.I only lend a hand to those that recognise it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The "study" IS "crap"; PSTD has VERY little to do with guilt/remorse for killing... THAT is a "spiritual" problem. Training is to "kill or be killed"; training is ALWAYS be "on"; ALERT... MINDFUL. COMBAT FATIGUE is a VERY real problem with ACTIVE DUTY; ALWAYS "on the go"... HARD to break THAT cycle when discharged from Active Duty. PSTD comes from PAINFUL Emotional, Mental/Psychological MEMORIES; and if injured on active duty... PHYSICAL pain, is included. LOTS of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE & EXISTENTIAL ANGST has been from the TRAUMA of combat; FAMILIES deal with VICARIOUS TRAUMA. Has NOTHING to do with a sense of "GUILT" or REMORSE...

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Think for yourself my Friend,not what THEY tell you,thank GOD you have a soul.

Last edited:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what is it with all of the "military counselors" on this website.
Bugger off, if I want your two cents about my "issues" I'll pay 75.00 an hour.

It's like every other post is some amateur military psychiatrist offering their theories and advice. Go to school, start a practice, volunteer, get a cape and a sidekick....whatever.
Enough already.

Go battle evil elsewhere. we're not all John Rambo.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Having served two tours in Vietnam with the 4th Infantry, throwing in a month in Cambodia in 1970, you do those things you have to do - but you do walk away changed.

Personally, I believe PTSD is an excuse, and a load of crap. But I also understand the differences in humanity. It took me a solid 4 years afterwards to care about anything again. But I did with zero help from anyone. I believe there are many fragile people in this world, there always have been, and they react accordingly. Do I have nightmares? Nope, never did, but there have been those times when I did have shudders of the reality of remembrance.

For a while I was very liberal, but as I have grown in the face of the real world, I am extremely conservative now.

The world is full of excuses, and those who will always need help - the victim class.

Life will always remain that which we make it. We live to be individuals, each and everyone of us.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

It's like every other post is some amateur military psychiatrist offering their theories and advice. Go to school, start a practice, volunteer, get a cape and a sidekick....whatever.
Enough already.

I've had a few,well more than a few,maybe a puff or 2:laughing7:,please don't rat me out, Ill catch you tomorrow,hang by God my Friend

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Enough already.

WOW! You ARE a very angry person...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread