Hospital?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your most memorable experience in a hospital?
Tonsil removal at 6 years old and all the ice cream that you could eat?
Perhaps an Emergency room visit for indiscretions obtained from a sibling?

Here's my remembrance of a hospital visit that included surgery from about 30 years ago....

Best,

Scott

So, taking a break from studyin' and being corrupted to relate,

Here's Scott's "Pee in the Cup" story.....
(I hope Y'all can follow along....)

I was newly married (to my first wife) during the late 70's-early 80's
and was employed in the capacity of the printing of "financial institutional documents."
I was the best at my craft at the facility and had the very best policy for insurance,
coveted at the time: Blue Cross-Blue Shield Premier.

Well, standing all day running sometimes two presses at a time while training
new employees took it's toll on my knees.

Especially after having jumped from helicopters in the Army
just a few years previous, and, well, anyway....

My wife and I had just bought a house, through a VA Loan that I paid $1 as a downpayment, but,
that's another tale...

This house was about 100 years old and a real "fixer-upper." OK. I can do this.

My left knee would sometimes swell as big as a juicy,
ripe grapefruit and not be able to bend.

Being the "hard-head" that I was (am still?) I ignored it and kept pushin' on.
One day I was going down the stairs to the basement and that sucker folded up
and I arrived at the bottom of the stairs, on my ass.

Time to get this taken care of....

So, appointments were made, surgery was scheduled....
An overnight stay to "monitor" my intakes, etc.
OK

The morning after the overnite, I get my approved breakfast tray.
Corn flakes and apple juice.
Really?
Oh! There's some toast!
And Jam!!

Just as I'm preparing my "feast," a young nurse comes in and places a cup
on my tray stating that she needs a urine sample.
She turns and walks out.

I lay there for a moment putting it all together and it pissed me off!
(No pun intended!)

So, being a "reckless, "I don't care about what you think of me,"
I poured some apple juice into the "urine" cup and put the lid back on.

I drank the rest of the juice and ate the toast and jam and was worrying about the upcoming procedure
that I was scheduled for when the young nurse came back in to collect my "sample."

She picked up the cup, held it to the light, set it back down and commented,
"That's an unusual color for urine."

Whereupon I snatched up the cup with flair, unscrewed the lid, threw it across the room, and said,
"So, Let's try again" as I swallowed the apple juice.

She ran screaming from the room and I never saw her again during my additional overnite stay......

Borrowed from the memories of "Scott."
For your amusement and consideration.....

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since my gal is a RN, BSN, I will just say I hope you treat folks better these days.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since my gal is a RN, BSN, I will just say I hope you treat folks better these days.

Than some youngster putting a urine specimen cup on my Breakfast tray?

Am I missing something here?

Scott

PS.

Friend,

This was all 30 years ago, Dude!

Things are better now, right?

Dude?

Right?

OK

Scott​

Last edited:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny story from when I was in the hospital was about 2 years ago I had 2 grand mal seizures while sleeping and I ended up in the hospital in north west Iowa. I was brought to the VA in Minneapolis MN and I was there for a week because my kidneys shut down. I am fine now. While I was there I was doped up and do not remember alot but I do remember having a cathader in and trying to get out of bed to try and go to the bathroom to pee. I fell and then the nurses called me a trouble maker. Same week I told my wife I wanted to rape her infront of doctors. Also as I was being discharged I noticed a rash on my knee, so my wife asked a nurse to check it out. Well aparently I had an alergic reaction to something and when I went to the dermotologist she said this type of rash is normally in other places on your body so they made me take off my shirt and there wasnt anything and then they had me take off my pants and the rash was on my private parts and I said "My d*** is going to fall off". That cleared up as well. Fun times in the hospital.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I surely appreciate everyones's comments, especially those from our American Patriots, like Don, my Friend,
whom I met on Treasurenet, and he sent me a book. I then sent one of my books onto another Treasurenet member....
See how it works?

My Best to My Family at Treasurent,

Scott

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While stationed in the Army, I was in a motorcycle accident that tore me up in a very special place. This required daily cleaning and changing of bandages. Being I was in a military hospital, and they did not get many of these injuries. I was used for training the whole week I was there. Never send one nurse when 3 will do right.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHen I was in the <arines the only good thing about having to go see the Corpsman was the cafe inside the hospital. It was better than our cafateria food at the barricks.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks, this thread is my angst towards a physical that I had to endure today involving a needle, and, yes a finger up.;....

We all die, but, it will be my choice why, and hopefully when.....

Just don't put that cup on my meal tray, you Bit$h!

OH! Snap! We're getting the green jello again tonight!.....

For a price I'd do anything except pull the trigger. For that I need a pretty good cause...
Then I heard of Dr. X, The man with the cure.
Just
watch the television, You'll see there's something going on....
Got no love for politicians or that crazy scene in D.C,
it's just a power mad town. But the time is ripe for changesThere's a growing feeling
That taking a chance On a new kind of vision is due
I used to trust the mediaTo tell me the truth, tell us the truth

But now I've seen the payoffs.,...Everywhere I look, Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?
Revolution calling, Revolution calling, Revolution calling you! Revolution calling Revolution calling,
Gotta make a change, Gotta push, gotta push it on through, I'm tired of all this bullshit
They keep selling me on TV About the communist plan
And all the shady preachers Begging for my cash.....
Swiss bank accounts while giving theirSecretaries the slam
They're all in Penthouse now Or
Playboy Magazine.....
Million dollar stories to tellI guess Warhol wasn't wrong,
Fame, fifteen minutes long everyone's using everybody....
Making the sale
I used to thinkThat only America's way, way was rightBut now the holy dollar rules everybody's livesGotta make a million doesn't matter who dies
Revolution callingRevolution callingRevolution calling youRevolution callingRevolution callingGotta make a changeGotta push, gotta push it on through
I used to trust the mediaTo tell me the truth, tell us the truthBut now I've seen the payoffsEverywhere I lookWho do you trust when everyone's a crook?
Revolution callingRevolution callingRevolution calling youRevolution callingRevolution callingGotta make a changeGotta push, gotta push it on through

Scott

PS.
Is it yet time to play my hand?

Not just yet....​

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Folks, this thread is my angst towards a physical that I had to endure today involving a needle, and, yes a finger up.;....

We all die, but, it will be my choice why, and hopefully when.....

Just don't put that cup on my meal tray, you Bit$h!

OH! Snap! We're getting the green jello again tonight!.....

For a price I'd do anything except pull the trigger. For that I need a pretty good cause...
Then I heard of Dr. X, The man with the cure.
Just
watch the television, You'll see there's something going on....
Got no love for politicians or that crazy scene in D.C,
it's just a power mad town. But the time is ripe for changesThere's a growing feeling
That taking a chance On a new kind of vision is due
I used to trust the mediaTo tell me the truth, tell us the truth

But now I've seen the payoffs.,...Everywhere I look, Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?
Revolution calling, Revolution calling, Revolution calling you! Revolution calling Revolution calling,
Gotta make a change, Gotta push, gotta push it on through, I'm tired of all this bullshit
They keep selling me on TV About the communist plan
And all the shady preachers Begging for my cash.....
Swiss bank accounts while giving theirSecretaries the slam
They're all in Penthouse now Or
Playboy Magazine.....
Million dollar stories to tellI guess Warhol wasn't wrong,
Fame, fifteen minutes long everyone's using everybody....
Making the sale
I used to thinkThat only America's way, way was rightBut now the holy dollar rules everybody's livesGotta make a million doesn't matter who dies
I used to trust the mediaTo tell me the truth, tell us the truthBut now I've seen the payoffsEverywhere I lookWho do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Scott

PS.
Is it yet time to play my hand?

Not just yet....​

Does your hands have TRUE LOVE "Tatt" on finger digits...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions