York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
April Fools Day!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
april_02.gif

1.gif

toilet_newspaper.gif
- April Fools' Day is celebrated in many countries on April 1 every year. Sometimes referred to as All Fools' Day, April 1 is not a national holiday, but is widely recognized and celebrated as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other.

In Italy, France and Belgium, children and adults traditionally tack paper fishes on each other's back as a trick and shout "April fish!" in their local languages (pesce d'aprile!, poisson d'avril! and aprilvis! in Italian, French and Flemish, respectively). Such fish feature prominently on many French late 19th to early 20th century April Fools' Day postcards.

The earliest recorded association between April 1 and foolishness can be found in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (1392). Many writers suggest that the restoration of January 1 by Pope Gregory XIII as New Year's Day of the Gregorian Calendar in the 16th century was responsible for the creation of the holiday, sometimes questioned for earlier references[1]...more...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Be CAREFUL! Be VERY Careful... IRISH Banshees are "out & about"! :laughing7:

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All fools day???? I thought it was January 20th. this year:laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I met my Wife on April Fools Day. See, there's a good side to this day. It was at a bar that had real great music. The dance floor was along a reclining walkway we called the Gang Plank. I used to hang out on the rail of the Gang Plank looking for a reason to dance and that night she did too. For some reason we were next to each other. Yadda, Yadda.
We don't go there anymore but still find the memory worth reliving.
The owner thought if he got rid of the dance floor he could put more tables for drinking. What he didn't understand was some of us came for the music.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread