Giving 4 People a One way Ticket to Mars ? dare I suggest we bump it up to this year?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mars One co-founder Bas Lansdorp has sky-high plans for a solar system-sized reality show: a worldwide media event for "several billion online spectators” that would hand four ordinary people a one-way ticket to Mars -- all filmed for a TV event set to launch in 2023.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perhaps those "4 ordinary people" could be: Mr. Obama, Mr. Biden, Mr. Reid and Mrs. Pelosi?

If so, I'll buy the snacks for their lengthy, one-way trip!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or maybe they could be Mr Rubio, Mr. Boehner, Mr.Cantor and Ms Bachman. I won't have to worry about snacks, they'll be eating themselves after the first fifteen minutes.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
or maybe they could be Mr Rubio, Mr. Boehner, Mr.Cantor and Ms Bachman. I won't have to worry about snacks, they'll be eating themselves after the first fifteen minutes.

That will work too, but no matter which ones we send they'll be 100 more
taking their place. We need to kick 'em all out and start over with just the
Constitution and common sense as our guides.

Maybe... we could send all 8 of 'em, and at least we'd have
some "political peace" for awhile.
evil.gif

I wonder if there's any gold on Mars? Any AstroGeologists in the house?

ufo-021.gif

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I see no reason to send Ms. Bachman home for free.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the best would be to mix the two groups and then send. Put a Camara in the craft and you have the makings of the next great reality tv show. Bets taken on whether they all kill each other, bipartisan orgy, etc, etc. Could solve the national debt crisis with advertising etc etc.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be fitting for Mrs. Pelosi, after all she is always in want of Govt. supplied transportion to be at her beck and call.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a few from MSNBC That mite make that a interesting flight. I m mad cause my cat ran away when he found out what Rachel Maddow eats.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps those "4 ordinary people" could be: Mr. Obama, Mr. Biden, Mr. Reid and Mrs. Pelosi?

If so, I'll buy the snacks for their lengthy, one-way trip!

Maybe if we chip in we can add a 5 traveler, Diane Feinstein needs to make that trip really bad.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sending any or better yet all politicians into space could only be good for earth

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe if we chip in we can add a 5 traveler, Diane Feinstein needs to make that trip really bad.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'll throw in some $$$ if we could add Steven Harper as the #6 traveler.:laughing7:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a generous gesture on your part , but we can fill our own spaceship with no room to spare . Donate to funding your own craft . :laughing7:

Yeah, your right. Canada had nothing to do with or contribute to the space program in any way. Just like the world wars, the US did everything and won everything, all by itself.:notworthy:
the-canadian-built-space-station-remote-manipulator-system-canadarm2-during-undocking-activities.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well since we are sending Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid I thought maybe I would pay Clinton's fare as I think he could add some "Thrust" to the orgy...:laughing7:
billtoon_e0.gif :3some::3some:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread