OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This is a bit off but I think it's odd to hear the media talk that making a nuke is so complicated. I live close to the Trinity site where tie first nuke was detonated and have gone there to see the site. It's open twice a year. I've read the stories of the development of the first A bomb and of the scientists carrying the stuff in a lunch box to the site. Stopping for a hamburger at the Owl Cafe on the way. All over developed 70 years ago with primitive technology. Not a transistor in sight.
The Soviets following with there's shortly after. We have India, Pakistan, France, Israel, China, England, USA, N. Korea all with nukes. For a physicists it's ancient science. Been around longer than most of them have been on the planet.
The process is well documented. My hunch is it's a whole lot easier than we are being led to believe.
You don't need a missile ether. While in the military a big concern was placing a nuke under a ship and detonating it in a harbor or bringing one in piece by piece and rebuilding it where ever.
All this concern if N Korea has a capable missile is useless if they don't need one.

So I think it's not so much as can Fearless leader do it as will he do it. Will Iran?

It is simple to make the bomb, but it is trickey working with the uranium because of the rariation. It killed the lead scientist at that project. You simply devide the U235 into two masses in a sphere divided by a lead shield. You then place shaped charges around the sphere. They actually explode in to combine the 98 pounds of U235 into a single mass which sets off a chain reaction. The trick is everything has to be exact! All charges, known as the trigger, must go off exactly at the same time. The original bomb that hit Japan was set off by a barometer device. That is it triggered at a set altitude.
Frank... 111-1 profilecracked.jpg

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
All plans are instantly obsolete when the first shot is fired. Our military is being drastically cut back, with most concern being in the near east. We are rapidly getting into a position that has happened so often before, like the Philippians at the start of WWII. Read the history if you aren't familiar. The Japanese attacked on Dec. 8, 1941 and we lost everything there. It seems like we are never ready for the next war, and have to take a beating and loose lots of people before we recover and kick butt. I'm not a military tactician, but I do read history, and if we shoot down his missile the chubby nut might level Seoul with his conventional artillery. I don't think he'd get much beyond that however, and don't rule out South Korea, they have a well trained, large and well equipped army. That said, if it was up to me, I'd send a show of force, deploy our latest strike bombers, send a carrier and missile ships off the coast, and shoot down anything they launch, which is what I think is being done right now, although I'm not sure about the shoot down orders. I do know that in the first Gulf War, my son-in-law was involved in shooting down Saddam's scuds, and he was located at Vandenburg AFB in California. A satellite sent info to his infared screen, which showed when the missile launched, then tracking information was sent by him to an anti missile battery in Saudi Arabia or Israel, and the scud was shot down. Don't you suppose there is a satellite in geo sync over N K right now, watching for a missile launch, with some airman or sailor watching a screen, ready to lock on and track that sucker at the speed of light. I do, they will know where that missile is heading before the little fat boy does.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Good post, and I agree and also wonder if BO has the round ones to issue the shootdown order . The sat is in place and we have already mapped his missiles and military locations. There are 2 guided missile cruisers there now in international water. If he fires, you will hear the fat boy sing his swan song. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread