5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Tnmountains said:
It is why I have a passion for finding 10,000 year old stone tools. I think copper and brass from today will last everything else not so much. Our new coins are quickly toast already. They will say we lived in the "Hay days" of treasure hunting. So dig it now. Good post.
TnMtns

Exactly! Nothing today was made to last. If a major storm hit and I had tbe choice of running into a house built yesterday and a uncared for 250 plus year old home... My butt is running to the Stone house. Hell I'd run to the stone barn before a McMansion.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Interesting post! Well being 75, I have seen change. Someone said we don't change and he is probably correct, but it must be noted that there are a vast variety of us. From the Pope type to the Hitler type and the balance shifts back and forth all the time. From all the shootings, I would surmise the idiots are rising.
I think I have found just about all types of targets from coins to relics. Some from 200 ago. I found the ax heat on a property that probably was used to clear the land. it was 10 " down and the house was 200 years old. I have found some plow shares that were used to till my farm and it is over 200 old. I have found coins in jars with zink and white glass lids.
I built my own house with help from my son and I can tell you it far exceeds today's standards.
I get my water from my attached spring house. The water is from an artesian fault and is far better than city water.
The problem is today government wants people crowded together. They are far easier to keep track of.
I don't want to mess up this post so i will stop there. Frank...

ax500.jpg plow 700.jpg

Attachments

• 111-1 profile.jpg
    111-1 profile.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

You need to post these in my thread about displaying your relics. Now That is a classy way to do it ! That plow blade looks kinda like this , that I dug up from my front yard

image-817473593.jpg

Building your home with your own hands. My grandfather did that as well

image-1380790545.jpg

The house after he passed away:(

New construction couldn't even dream of that kind of coziness. It's sad really really sad, those born today will be all but clueless to The Absolute beauty of a simpler time. I for one , will make sure my kids have an appreciation and hopefully a desire to keep one foot in the past.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You need to post these in my thread about displaying your relics. Now That is a classy way to do it ! That plow blade looks kinda like this , that I dug up from my front yard

View attachment 778314
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yours is smaller and older than mine. Might have even been from the very old hand pushed 'wheel plows'. You should mount it. Old original items make the best decorations because of the memories they hold. Frank.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building your home with your own hands. My grandfather did that as well

View attachment 778315

The house after he passed away:(

New construction couldn't even dream of that kind of coziness. It's sad really really sad, those born today will be all but clueless to The Absolute beauty of a simpler time. I for one , will make sure my kids have an appreciation and hopefully a desire to keep one foot in the past.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time moves on, but the past is still all around you. That is one of the drives behind metal detecting. That is to bring a part of it back, so to speak. Frank...

7-06  WOODCUTS 031-d.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread