Thinkers..." Arnt we evolving Backwards?"

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

dieselram94 said:
Holly, I am not sure how old you are but I too have had some pre cancerous issues dealt with on my nose. Dermatoligist told me to stay out of the sun as much as possible. She told me my skin has been damaged by the sun (even at my age) and to wear sun screen year round. She said if I dont I WILL develop skin cancer. So I listened and if I am going to be outside very long, I put it on...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in my later 30's now... But was in my mid twenties when the precancerous stuff was dealt with.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm in my later 30's now... But was in my mid twenties when the precancerous stuff was dealt with.

What was the treatment you received? I think I was 31 when mine was caught but it was a issue from my 20's as well. I just didn't realize what was going on.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do think modern life will have an evolutionary affect, but it hasn't been around long enough to make much of a difference, genetically, yet.

However, environment has caused big changes already, as noted. Taller, wider, longer life span, etc...

You know there is no such thing as evolution?!??! Haha

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You know there is no such thing as evolution?!??! Haha

Sure there is,a camel evolved it's hump for dry conditions,it was always a camel though,a giraffe evolved it's long neck for feeding where others couldn't,it was always a giraffe though,Humans,that's a different story,I see mankind as devolving into a state of wickedness from their origin.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Evolution? I have no doubt that eating has something to do with growth. The people in N Korea are getting shorter because of lack of food. This said, let me say that I remember reading, a while back, in a scientific mag that there was a fish called something like Colenthon that they had found in sediment layers that were millions of years old. That same exact fish was found in the Indian ocean last year and it is exactly the same. So much for Darwin's theory. Frank...

Fish Pap 1.jpg No, these are A type of Chinese gold fish.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Often evolution is confused with an improvement of some kind. Evolution is adaptation. Change because it benefits in some way. Often no one knows why. Getting taller is possibly because taller people generally more successful. It would be hard to make an argument for nutrition if we look at how people eat, drink, and carry on.

Some people can break all the rules and do fine. The 100 year old that says living long requires cigarets and whiskey but that's not evolution that's an exception. Most bodies would fail way before 100 years.
I have a bed in the guest room from the mid 1800's. It's too short for most people. I have some short friends so that's where they go. But as to why we are getting taller might be complicated.

Adaptation is self serving but only in a mind-at-large sense.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure there is,a camel evolved it's hump for dry conditions,it was always a camel though,a giraffe evolved it's long neck for feeding where others couldn't,it was always a giraffe though,Humans,that's a different story,I see mankind as devolving into a state of wickedness from their origin.

What origin is that?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Often evolution is confused with an improvement of some kind. Evolution is adaptation. Change because it benefits in some way. Often no one knows why. Getting taller is possibly because taller people generally more successful. It would be hard to make an argument for nutrition if we look at how people eat, drink, and carry on.

Some people can break all the rules and do fine. The 100 year old that says living long requires cigarets and whiskey but that's not evolution that's an exception. Most bodies would fail way before 100 years.
I have a bed in the guest room from the mid 1800's. It's too short for most people. I have some short friends so that's where they go. But as to why we are getting taller might be complicated.

Adaptation is self serving but only in a mind-at-large sense.
With my height, I guess I got left behind on the evolution thing...

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Scientist say that is why the Japanese are smaller because of cramped living conditions.Humans will all eventually be bald because hair is no longer needed and so on...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if that's true I should have one less body part due to lack of use

Peyton Manning

Gold Member