DEEP THINKING or SWAG

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are two types of thinkers, surface thinkers that only see the main presentation of an event and deep thinkers that analize the minute details, they also SWAG the situation.
I am one of the SWAGers.
I noticed an article on the new 'Very Large Telescope" in Chile. It stated that it could see the galaxies at the edge of the Universe. It stated that the light takes 45 billion light years to reach us so what we will be doing is seeing what happened 45 billion light years ago. This got me thinking! Time and light are the same thing! Something does not happen and is over. It exists forever, but in a different time. It backs up my theory that life is like a reel of film. It moves thru the present and happens and then mover on to exist in the past but is still there. OK that's my SWAG. Frank...

111-1 profileblk.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Umm, Einstian beat you to that one

In theory he did, but he never drew the parallel to our actual time in place. Time travel will be possible as soon as they figure out the transit system.
Frank... 111-1 profileblk.jpg

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The thought of time travel is an interesting one. I have pondered the question often. We know that in theory time travel is possible but don't know how to accomplish it yet. If we can travel to the past then the past, present and future must all exist at the same time. Like a recording on a loop. So is our future preordained? Now, if we can travel into the past can we change it? If we changed the past it would also change the present and future at the same time. If we change the future at the same time then the exact conditions that existed in the future at the exact time the person traveled back in time to change the past must have already existed. So the past must have already been changed. This line of reasoning backs up my thinking that time (past, present and future) is on a loop and co-exists at the same time. Mind boggling stuff.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do we know if in the future it can happen? lets say you can only go back to when you were conceived and some other time of your life Trouble is you go back with no recognition of anything that happened before you left. So then how would you know you traveled back in time. Guess you'd never get back.

Would suck if you thought you could go back and buy Microsoft. :laughing7: LSD usually helps trying to ponder Time Travel:laughing7:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The thought of time travel is an interesting one. I have pondered the question often. We know that in theory time travel is possible but don't know how to accomplish it yet. If we can travel to the past then the past, present and future must all exist at the same time. Like a recording on a loop. So is our future preordained? Now, if we can travel into the past can we change it? If we changed the past it would also change the present and future at the same time. If we change the future at the same time then the exact conditions that existed in the future at the exact time the person traveled back in time to change the past must have already existed. So the past must have already been changed. This line of reasoning backs up my thinking that time (past, present and future) is on a loop and co-exists at the same time. Mind boggling stuff.

I don't think it is a loop, but rather a long film strip. It doesn't repeat. All events are there on their individual frame. We basicly move from frame to frame without realizing it. I think the facts and situation are fixed and can't be changed . We are only allower to change our personal reaction to the fixed situation. People from the future can only come back and view, but not change the events. Perhaps this would explain the UFO sitings! Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How do we know if in the future it can happen? lets say you can only go back to when you were conceived and some other time of your life Trouble is you go back with no recognition of anything that happened before you left. So then how would you know you traveled back in time. Guess you'd never get back.

Would suck if you thought you could go back and buy Microsoft. :laughing7: LSD usually helps trying to ponder Time Travel:laughing7:

You would be you from another time. You from that time would also be there. I think it would be more or less like walking thru a living museum. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread