Men really do that?!

H

Holly_squirrel

I'm sitting here eating my lunch in my truck at a strip mall. I see a man go into Hollywood Tans... And I thought that's odd .. Wonder why ? Then saw another guy go in . Now I'm perplexed... Lol. Men go to tanning? Bad enough women do ( personally I couldn't be bothered) , but am I the only one shocked to know that men In a rural suburb would go to tanning? Also I noticed now their is a man behind the counter..... Lol What world have I entered? And where is the exit??

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Men tanning and which exit do I get off?"

Sounds like you're in New Jersey to me! :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure they are getting a tan..:p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes men go tanning, not all of them are fruity, and some even get the brazillian wax. now if they start plucking their eyebrows then for sure it's homo. funny thing is more women are preferring a tan man hairless downstairs. no telling why in this day and age. I know the 80's called it metrosexual. maybe the reason they are out in the suburbs is to avoid the embarrassment from their city friends.

Guns Blazing

Jan 23, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been tanning, if your going on vacation you gotta have a base tan for 2 reasons..
1. You don't want to look like a snowman on the beach
2. Paying all the money to go on vacation burns worse if you are so sun burnt you can't move for the rest of your trip.

Don't ask me how I know this lol.
But now I tan the month before vacation :D
Gotta look good for the babes at the beach, and a farmers tan doesn't cut it lol

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Guns Blazing said:
I have been tanning, if your going on vacation you gotta have a base tan for 2 reasons..
1. You don't want to look like a snowman on the beach
2. Paying all the money to go on vacation burns worse if you are so sun burnt you can't move for the rest of your trip.

Don't ask me how I know this lol.
But now I tan the month before vacation :D
Gotta look good for the babes at the beach, and a farmers tan doesn't cut it lol

I must admit I'd take a farmers tan over a male fake n bake .. My husbands thighs haven't seen daylight since 1990.. Lol

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't you tan leather by scraping it?

ooooooo....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
real men don't

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

DeepseekerADS said:
Don't you tan leather by scraping it?

ooooooo....

No , you put it naked in a box with alien looking goggles on... Lol

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess there are a few city guys that enjoy burning their skin like that, but
all ya really need to do is get out in the Sun with your shirt off and do some
work. It's free, and the end result is the same...mild sunburn that turns brown.

Why damage your skin like that? Is there some national desire to get
Carcinoma's? Nasty stuff, and you won't likely know till later in life when
those lesions start to pop up on your body.

Once you have one (or 2) skin tumors cut-out of your body you might
change your mind about laying under those lights, or showing every
possible centimeter of skin while at the beach.

Protect your skin, and the hell with "looking cool" on the beach.

My 2 Centavos worth...

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

onfire said:
No offense, sounds like you gave up nooners 23 years ago:laughing7:

Yes we did . We gave them up for Mornings ( he's at work at noon)
Lol
I didnt even know him 23 years ago..it was for dramatic effect. Lol... . Nah , I guess that's probably about true actually, I meant him about 18 years ago.... N they haven't seen sunlight in all that time ... His feet either come to think of it... Lol.. Work boots don't come off but to sleep .. Lol

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tanning outfit opened here locally years ago in a double wide mobile home. Did good for a couple off months. Then the State Police busted it for what it really was. Need I say more? I heard the Mobile Home was auctioned off in a state heavy duty equipment auction. Wonder how that was listed?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess there are a few city guys that enjoy burning their skin like that, but
all ya really need to do is get out in the Sun with your shirt off and do some
work. It's free, and the end result is the same...mild sunburn that turns brown.

Why damage your skin like that? Is there some national desire to get
Carcinoma's? Nasty stuff, and you won't likely know till later in life when
those lesions start to pop up on your body.

Once you have one (or 2) skin tumors cut-out of your body you might
change your mind about laying under those lights, or showing every
possible centimeter of skin while at the beach.

Protect your skin, and the hell with "looking cool" on the beach.

My 2 Centavos worth...
Got that right - when they start cutting chunks of skin off your face or body, you think twice...the sun is now my enemy...I'm only 50, my skin surgeon says they are seeing teenagers now for melanoma removal. Yes, my vanity drove me to the tanner in my younger years...and now I pay with skin cancer...:BangHead:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the kind of guys that care about there looks i take it and im sure they will be dying there grey hairs and using feminine products lol...not this guy i earned all my grey and you know the old saying ..just because theres snow on the roof doesnt meen the fire is out in the basement

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend's son started a tanning business, now has several and makes a ton of money off men and women. I don't tease him anymore because I just had dinner, two Bar-s turkey weenies, some chopped onion and a store brand soda. Wish my SS check would come...

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

dustytrails123 said:
These are the kind of guys that care about there looks i take it and im sure they will be dying there grey hairs and using feminine products lol...not this guy i earned all my grey and you know the old saying ..just because theres snow on the roof doesnt meen the fire is out in the basement

" using feminine products "
Lmao

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I get out on the farm to get my 'farmer's tan' working in the fields . My wife is rather partial to it . She doesn't have much use for the layabout jackwagons that have to go buy tans and 'feminine' products to enhance their low self esteem .

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Yeah, it's funny ... I grew up in a farming family . I'm not sure that any of the men over the age of 45 in my family actually have legs under their jeans... I've never seen them ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread