Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure what dods. will do, but I heard that teams like the Red Sox, and Bruins, who are the souls of a lot of Bostonians are fund raising and donating proceeds to the care of the injured and their families. My personal take is that will be well taken care of, as they should.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You got to be kidding. If you think hospitals are going to donate care I got a bridge for sale that you'll really enjoy. You can collect tolls and live under the bridge with billy goat gruff. The government helped the victims of 9-11, but that's not going to happen for everyone, every time we get attacked. If the victims don't have health insurance, then private charity will be the best help they will get.

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what I was thinking. 140 people injured, many with leg amputations that will not only require medical care for a long time, but therapy, both mental an physical for years. I don't know the exact figures but I would imagine the medical bills for a single victim would run about $5,000,000, 00. Multiply that by 140 and private charities won't stand a chance.

Onfire, that was a stupid comment. Obamacare doesn't even begin to kick in until 2014, but what do you know?

edited because as TH pointed out, I used too many zeros.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what I was thinking. 140 people injured, many with leg amputations that will not only require medical care for a long time, but therapy, both mental an physical for years. I don't know the exact figures but I would imagine the medical bills for a single victim would run about $5,000,000, 000.00. Multiply that by 140 and private charities won't stand a chance.

Onfire, that was a stupid comment. Obamacare doesn't even begin to kick in until 2014, but what do you know?

I think you may have accidently put too many zeros, that is $5 billion there per victim.....

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's what I was thinking. 140 people injured, many with leg amputations that will not only require medical care for a long time, but therapy, both mental an physical for years. I don't know the exact figures but I would imagine the medical bills for a single victim would run about $5,000,000, 000.00. Multiply that by 140 and private charities won't stand a chance.

Guess you don't know how it works big boy By the time most get out it will be 2014 they'll be lucky to see a bill by this time next year. Know enough about hospital billing.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I think maybe onfire was joking about ObamaCare. That was a good question that was asked though davest. Nobody knows what will happen. You raised a good point though. I'm quite sure the city and the feds will help, but we'll have to wait and see...

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when we're talking about the city and the feds helping aren't we actually talking about tax payer supported healthcare (although catastrophic)being given to a select group of citizens?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who are Victims of Crimes are Covered by the City as far as I know.

I believe it is VCAP here, but Google Victims of Crime Program

Of course the perp can still be sued for pain and suffering,
not that he has anything, or ever will now, except his cigartette money.
it isn't like they are going to allow him to live and try,
even if he wanted to.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions