vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ghost.gif
Personally, it wouldn't bother me at all dieselram94! Yea, it is a little different but you will never see a mini-mall, airport, school, etc. across the street. You should be able to get a better price because you do eliminate many home buyer's because of the actual location. Oh yea, first thing to do is make sure it isn't haunted!
killingme.gif

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ghost.gif
Personally, it wouldn't bother me at all dieselram94! Yea, it is a little different but you will never see a mini-mall, airport, school, etc. across the street. You should be able to get a better price because you do eliminate many home buyer's because of the actual location. Oh yea, first thing to do is make sure it isn't haunted!
killingme.gif
Yup, I agree with you 100% Problem is my wife is freaked out. I just got to find a way to calm her fears.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is she affraid of exactly, just the fact there are dead people across the street or it could be haunted or something like that?

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
As far as I can tell she is afraid of ghosts and being depressed looking at the headstones.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think the dead can tend to make better neighbors than the living!

Same thing I told her! Thank you for posting this as it restates what I said.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diesel.

When we were first married, the first real nice apartment that we had was on a deadend street that had one of the older cemeterys in Burlington. It was a nice, secure and quiet area. The bedroom on the second floor accessed a flat roof that you could sit out on that over looked the whole cemetery,and it was peaceful sitting and relaxing after a day of work. Lived their three years until we bought this house on the Lake, and never experienced anything but tranquility and peace. Don't think your wife should have any problem, as you said before, the dead usually make better neighbors than the living. Good luck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Simple !

at Midnight tell her you have a surprise & Blindfold her.

Take her to the Cemetery and Yell at the top of your Lungs.

"IF THERE IS ANYONE HERE WHO OBJECTS TO US LIVING HERE SAY SOMETHING NOW !"

wait 60 seconds then take her blindfold off & say "See ! not one Complaint" :dontknow:

Disclaimer: if they all stand up & yell YES back,
say "their coming to get you Barbara" to her & run

Last edited:
OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel.

When we were first married, the first real nice apartment that we had was on a deadend street that had one of the older cemeterys in Burlington. It was a nice, secure and quiet area. The bedroom on the second floor accessed a flat roof that you could sit out on that over looked the whole cemetery,and it was peaceful sitting and relaxing after a day of work. Lived their three years until we bought this house on the Lake, and never experienced anything but tranquility and peace. Don't think your wife should have any problem, as you said before, the dead usually make better neighbors than the living. Good luck.

Thanks for posting. I will have her read this and hopefuly it will help her be less creeped out.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Very Simple !

at Midnight tell her you have a surprise & Blindfold her.

Take her to the Cemetery and Yell at the top of your Lungs.

"IF THERE IS ANYONE HERE WHO OBJECTS TO US LIVING HERE SAY SOMETHING NOW !"

wait 60 seconds then take her blindfold off & say "See ! not one Complaint" :dontknow:

Disclaimer: if they all stand up & yell YES back,
say "their coming to get you Barbara" to her & run

LOL!!! I like this, but I dont know if I can get a blindfold on her...after the last time that is! LOL!!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ghost.gif
killingme.gif

AGREE!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure your neighbors across the street will be very quite, and no loud parties :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure your neighbors across the street will be very quite, and no loud parties :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

You forgot about The Return of the Living Dead & Linnea Quigley spart :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Think of the extra entertainment you'll have every year at Halloween :)

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel, It's not the dead that are going to hurt you. I would not bother me living next to it. Of course this is coming from a funeral director/embalmer. HAHAHA!

Doc

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The location would bother the heck out of her the longer she has to stay there and will blame you for her depression. I'd say skip the home and look elsewhere because of her fears.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry people are dying to get there not get out:laughing7:

My son had a place across from a old one we detected his front yard and came up with some large cents Found out when the road was dirt and no fence around the place the people would park their wagons across the street. most 1865's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread