jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enviromentally correct ? Some people say Electricity causes cancer.
what does he think of that ?

What does his system cost ?

$250... ? $500 Thousand ?

Next time someone tells you electric cars are good, Ask how much it will cost you for upkeep
& Charging including Batteries & bribing someone to let you plug in or give you a tow
at 3 in the morning in a
strange neighborhood.

yea it may be fun as a toy on a track surprising people,
if you got Millions or backers.

I'm not impressed & won't be till there is a dish or other
free source of energy mounted on the roof
and everything is indestructable

and the Price is $300.00

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enviromentally correct ? Some people say Electricity causes cancer.
what does he think of that ?

What does his system cost ?

$250... ? $500 Thousand ?

Next time someone tells you electric cars are good, Ask how much it will cost you for upkeep
& Charging including Batteries & bribing someone to let you plug in or give you a tow
at 3 in the morning in a
strange neighborhood.

yea it may be fun as a toy on a track surprising people,
if you got Millions or backers.

I'm not impressed & won't be till there is a dish or other
free source of energy mounted on the roof
and everything is indestructable

and the Price is $300.00

What I was getting at, the difference between Gov. trying this and a single person pulling it off. Back in the 50's I built a go cart with a electric motor from a B25 landing gear motor Thought it was cool till I got into H.P. I love the smell of Nitro in the Morning:laughing7: 300$$ will buy a 4.5 sec run

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I was getting at, the difference between Gov. trying this and a single person pulling it off. Back in the 50's I built a go cart with a electric motor from a B25 landing gear motor Thought it was cool till I got into H.P. I love the smell of Nitro in the Morning:laughing7: 300$$ will buy a 4.5 sec run

I am with you on this,, it is cool you built that with a landing gear motor!

My point is that it is completely unfeasible, monetarily or physically. But if it finally does get to a meaningful price(without government driving up the costs of everything around it for an artificial feasibility) I will look at it.

Our Government at this time has the strategy of driving up the cost of low priced energy to make the other forms look better, That is a very suspicious way of doing things.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea Understood :thumbsup:

My point these enviro-maniacs preach how they want to help people and the earth last forever.

But at the same time they are not willing to figure out how to do it for a thank you.

Bottom line is How much they can make from the wealthy.

If they can charge Batteries, they can use solar energy to Charge Batteries.
But if vehicles worked like Solar powered Calculators,
have a minimum 100 year life, & do 65 up a mountain grade,
the Car would cost 3.2 Million :(

& lol on the 300$$ 4.5 sec run :laughing9:

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know where the enviro. water nuts are. Here in Wisconsin the dumb ships dump millions of gallons of (What they call mixed poop water) into lake Michigan every time we get that 100 year down pore every other year.:laughing7: and not one has raised why. They are allowed to do this 6 times a year.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alert me when there is a 350hp electric corvette

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya gotta luv gasoline. It's cheap ( it really is by compare) it's transportable, It takes 1 gal to produce, transport, and market 1 gal. That's a good deal. I disagree about the gov affecting prices if gas as it's a commodity and the only effect the gov has is in fed taxes and ask any other western country and we buy our gas at wholesale.
Electric cars, we are told don't pollute. What about where the electric is produced. coal and the nuke generators are both problematic. Add to that the fact due to resistance the electric grid is 32% efficient.
There are no natural fields of hydrogen and to produce it is a net loss.
I've seen an electric stream liner at Bonneville salt flats created by Ohio Tech. It takes bottled hydrogen and oxygen, creates electricity, feeds electric motors. They are taking their time making runs a bit faster each year. But who would want a car with hydrogen and oxygen on board.
A numbers person will tell you that the only way, for instance solar power, to know the true costs, is when solar is totally produced, transported, installed by solar with out any gov involvement, tax breaks. Same with electric cars. The true costs of the fuel is being ignored.
That's why I Heart Gas.
Onfire, was your landing gear motor 28vdc?

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hvacher It's been a while, remember we only had 6 volter's back then. Ran 4 just a on off switch remember a 40 to 1 gear set up. chain drive. could never pull full rpm's. just for fun. Right now working on a left drive AC pump. Don't want to notch the frame on new project.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
hvacher It's been a while, remember we only had 6 volter's back then. Ran 4 just a on off switch remember a 40 to 1 gear set up. chain drive. could never pull full rpm's. just for fun. Right now working on a left drive AC pump. Don't want to notch the frame on new project.

I can't remember which bomber was the last to use landing gear motors to get the wheels spinning but rubber improved and the B47 didn't need them.
If you ever have the inclination, a trip to Bonneville during Speed Week you could treat yourself to a bunch of innovation for cheap. Four days with pit pass $10.Plus camp free at the mud turn.
The movie "Worlds Fastest Indian" really captures the place.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm so very glad that making batteries doesn't cause air pollution :tongue3:

Retàrded environmentalists can't see the forest for the trees. All they are doing is swapping one form of pollution for another, more dangerous form of pollution.

I'm also glad that those electric motors can be built without coal to smelt the ore that makes the metal :tongue3:

Yeah, kinda stupid reasoning about saving the environment by using electric (battery powered) cars.

On the other hand, it is cool and fast! It just ISN'T any more environmentally friendly than a gas engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the eco nuts had their way they would start up a Church and call it" Mother of Perpetual Motion" then expect a tax rite off:laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't blame innovation on Eco nuts or environmentalists. It's the natural order of things. It's just ideas and all politics seems to do is create enemies. Many ideas start out poorly. A lot of failures. When I think of failure I picture the first attempts in rocketry. Watching the rockets fall back to the ground and explode. I'm still a bit anxious when one takes off.
We actually have a lot to thank environmentalists for. Having history on my side I remember the disgusting state the US was in 50-60 years ago as far as making messes and not doing like our mothers said "CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!" All the crap on the roads, the land fills, the water. Its not a left/right issue except when people inject their politics in it then it becomes your side/our side. While it's not perfect I prefer the consciousness of the US today as far as our relationship with nature. Just think, you can go duck hunting and not have to wade through the garbage. I guess we can thank those conscious enough to change that.
BTW I think it's the Sisters of Perceptual Conception.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree with most of your post . . . except that the problem is the lies they are fostering about how "electrical vehicles" are going to save us energy.

It's just like everything else they claim they are doing which are actually using MORE energy than would have been wasted by the old processes.

TV's used to be designed to last 10 years. Not unusual to make it to 20 years before having to be replaced. Why do you think they created the "telecorder" - TV with VCR. VCR had life expectancy of 5 years, but if the VCR went out most folks replaced the entire unit.

Now we have televisions they tell us have a live expectancy of 5 years (it is actually quite unusual for a new TV to last more than 3 years) but are actually designed to last about as long as the warranty - 1 year. I know because I have friends who sell televisions for a living.

Washers used to last 5 - 10 years. The new ones use less water, but seldom go through the warranty period (1 year) without failing and needing repair. Many are condemned (the vendor's term, not mine) because they are not repairable. So, the customer gets another washer . . . which probably won't last more than a year before it has to be replaced.

So, environmentalists, how do we get all these new washers or televisions to replace the ones designed to fail?

Where it the field they grow in?

I'd love to see a television tree or a washer bush.

Resources MUST be expended to build new ones. Coal has to be burned to smelt the metals. Oil needs to be extracted to create the plastic parts and paint. Rare earth metals must be mined to manufacture the screens.

The chemicals produced as waste are exponentially more toxic than those in making the old appliances and electronics. Not only are they more toxic, but since we have to make more due to planned failure, we are producing exponentially more of those toxic substances.

Think.

Don't just accept the Goreites lies.

Besides, where has all that warming gone this spring? Snow is predicted for Denver on May 1, 2013.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems whenever someone wants to sell me something I have to duck and cover because they probably won't be completely honest. If you consider the electric car's total efficiency begin with the motor. Probably 80% efficient. If it uses a ECM type motor, maybe a bit higher. The electric grid used to charge it's batteries is 32% efficient. The fuel to produce the power might be 80% and the expense to the environment can't be accurately measured as it include the health effects along with acid rain damage and the damage due to strip mining. There's more.
Maybe rather than rate a car on mpg or cost to operate they could try to add up the total costs. It would probably create a new word.
Today if the military is included in it's efforts to insure we get our gasoline delivered the costs/gallon is over $15. Tax money=your money.
There's no excuse for politicizing what's obvious.

kevin hoffman

Sep 7, 2012
cambridge md
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well ,heres my two cents !! I worked with toyota when they started playing and saw a video of a 4 wheel drive hybrid smoking tires! Also the first land speed records where held by elec. cars , Hmmmm, anyway , it does not eliminate pollution , just relocates it, however the powers that be feel it is less pollution thru a power plant , now for the interesting idea if efficent powerplants are made and thousands of electric cars plug in ,they may be able to be used as elec. storage units, and putting power back on peak demand.One thing is sure if we dont try to break our dependence on fossil fuel from the mideast we will never be free !! just an opinion.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone here seen a "zero emissions" car? I can assure you that - despite anything you've heard from Algore, anything you may have heard from What's his name, or any other environmental jihadist - there is ABSOLUTELY no such thing.

How can I say something like this when we are told that electric vehicles are "zero emissions", or that certain hybrids are "zero emissions" when they run on battery power.

The truth is that neither can in any way be possible.

Electric vehicles do not produce their power from sun or wind. Nor do solar or wind generated power solely supply power to these vehicles. Were we to rely on those sources, life would be much different today.

The funny thing is that it is the same people who believe this who also believe that guns are the problem, not evil people.

EVERY vehicle has metal parts. To create those parts, metal must be smelted and forged.

Every vehicle has electronics. Those metals must be smelted and the chemicals used to create those boards that control the car are quite dangerous and very destructive to the environment. Most are in fact carcinogens --- that means they are known to cause cancer.

The electricity you get from the power company is seldom traceable to a solar panel or wind generator. In fact, those produce such small amounts of electricity that you can rest assured that if you are driving an electric car, COAL most likely created at least some of the power (yes, the power grid works that way) or even that nasty nuclear power the "zero emissions" believers hate so much.

The tires create waste as they wear on the asphalt. The making of those tires requires energy which creates emissions when produced.

Hybrids? They use a gasoline or diesel engine to produce electricity so the emissions are produced to create the stored electricty.

Then there are brake shoes, as well as replacement parts (nothing lasts forever). They all create emissions.

Anyone who tries to tell you that these vehicles don't pollute has just lied to you. You're simply trading one form of pollution for another.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe some of these eco nuts think we as Americans can clean up the air etc. if only all environmentally good things are made in China. They also think the winds don't blow they suck so all the pollution they create stays there.

Sometimes I think this new generation believes Electricity just come's from that switch on the wall. And that white smoke coming from that big building (The one with all those wires) are just getting rid of old people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions