Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked my friends list. And crispy is listed as BANNED. Well, I hope the best for him. He was the one exception I made for my friend list,and will be the last. Via con Dios.

It is at his request. I called and talked to him by phone trying to work out the issues, I told him I had removed the ban he asked that I put it back on...

He has my phone number and knows I will remove it if he asks..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is being "banned" one of those things that can be repealed? did Crispin ask to be banned in the first place? and to go deeper, why was he banned and now allowed to come back?

sounds like the "banning" was something that rhymes with what comes out of a cows back end.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is being "banned" one of those things that can be repealed? did Crispin ask to be banned in the first place? and to go deeper, why was he banned and now allowed to come back?

sounds like the "banning" was something that rhymes with what comes out of a cows back end.
good questions.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am seeing a trend here that is akin to a hair trigger. We as adults have opinions and our own way of expressing them. I am seeing to many experienced THer moving on either thru banning or of there own volition. Something has to change here. You can only clamp down so far on freedom of expression before Hank Snow starts singing. I don't think it's the Mods, but rather the guide lines. If this keeps up the only ones on here will be the ones asking what detector should I get, and their answer will be silence. Please take this in the right way! Just my opinion. Frank...

111-1 profileblk.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn,

Well thought out post.....my way or the highway on a public forum is an approach that begs the question whether you want to be a member or not.....JMHO.

Regards + HH

Bill

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,

Well thought out post.....my way or the highway on a public forum is an approach that begs the question whether you want to be a member or not.....JMHO.

Regards + HH

Bill
Hmm. I like crispin and I think he should come back. We all get a little rambunctious now and then but that is part of getting to know one another, Right? I think he imposed his own exile. I believe he is too intelligent and has too much empathy to go that far out of line.

On the other hand. I remember when you could get barred or a reprimand for being anti Liberal on this site. The pendulum swings, and I always hope that we could exchange ideas openly, because it adds to our total understanding as a whole. Although there are those that would not ever be swayed by any kind of logic.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is some members think the 2nd amendment forum was opened up to debate the right of the 2nd amendment or debate the right to have guns. It was never opened for the purpose of debate, it was open to keep members apprised of the attack on our rights to own guns which is why it was named "2nd amendment watchdog"..... We even put a sticky at the top explaining that....

I have been here 7 years, seen members come and go and even seen some return back again..... I have no fear TreasureNet will still be here and as popular when I am no longer walking on this side of the grass.....

Many here were not even here when the rubber room was open, seen a lot more controversy then than now....

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Many here were not even here when the rubber room was open, seen a lot more controversy then than now...."

Man those were good times TH! But I guess I understand, civil discourse and all of that. Does that mean I am growing more civilized?

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I like the rules, they have kept my posts civil many many times. It makes me try to articulate that much more. I hope Crisp got my last p.m.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's at that new up and coming treasure hunting site doing better than ever. The Doc is in if you want to go see him at :icon_scratch: Com.

PS...They don't ban members there!
They didn't use to remove competitors names either, especially ones in MY personal messages, emphasis on personal. I guess they are afraid of a little competition, emphasis on little. What a joke!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They didn't use to remove competitors names either, especially ones in MY personal messages, emphasis on personal. I guess they are afraid of a little competition, emphasis on little. What a joke!
...................... Competition has always been known as good for business ... so what the problem here is i don't know...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Hold on, The monitors have stated in the past that they can't see the PM's so how could they sensor a PM? Am I missing something Like the meaning of the word PERSONAL. Frank...
111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before everyone gets excited, no one is reading any PMs. You can censor a URL by software scripting.

Example admins censor the name abcdef.com it will censor WWW.abcdef.com, it censors that name and URL any where on server it is typed, posts or PMS...

We do not allow the URL of any competing treasure site. In the 7 years I have been here you were not suppose to reference competing websites, nothing wrong with belonging just cant post address.

Just like you can't go into Dave's steak house and put up McDonalds posters....

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If the 2nd amendment watchdog thread was only that, I believe there wouldn't be much controversy. It's the wild swings at everything else from welfare to liberals. Much of it misinformed. malformed or uniformed. Much of it right out of the right wing BS machine. For a thread that is supposed to be a factual watchdog over the 2nd amendment there is an awlfull lot of ultra right wing diatribe injected into the thread. Those comments are allowed to stand. Meanwhile, voices of moderation, Crispin for example are trampled down or silenced. And, that's a problem for at least half of the TNet population. Though most will never get involved.

As i've said, quoting Daniel Moynihan - Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. And, at times, the facts take a beating down here.

As for people leaving well, I guess there are many reasons but one is if people want the Ann Coulter faux fact hate filled view of the world, there are places they can go to get that. They don't need to read it here.

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment. A strong supporter. However i can't support comments that are filled with uniformed anti government vitriol.

Leave the hate for somplace else and just post the facts.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
I think you are stockpicker.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
And I would love to see you in a debate with Ann.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If the 2nd amendment watchdog thread was only that, I believe there wouldn't be much controversy. It's the wild swings at everything else from welfare to liberals. Much of it misinformed. malformed or uniformed. Much of it right out of the right wing BS machine. For a thread that is supposed to be a factual watchdog over the 2nd amendment there is an awlfull lot of ultra right wing diatribe injected into the thread. Those comments are allowed to stand. Meanwhile, voices of moderation, Crispin for example are trampled down or silenced. And, that's a problem for at least half of the TNet population. Though most will never get involved.

As i've said, quoting Daniel Moynihan - Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts. And, at times, the facts take a beating down here.

As for people leaving well, I guess there are many reasons but one is if people want the Ann Coulter faux fact hate filled view of the world, there are places they can go to get that. They don't need to read it here.

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment. A strong supporter. However i can't support comments that are filled with uniformed anti government vitriol.

People that through out faux facts "LIES" on the air are subject to the libel laws in this country. I haven't heard of any law suits against Ann Coulter, have you? There is a big difference between spreading discouraging facts and lies! Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NF, are you speaking for 20,000 members, that is half our members.....

This thread has about ran its original course, a few members left to join a small, new site, on which they have chosen to trash TN name in their open forum, we do not allow that here against any website, they want a site where members police their selves, we have active mods that do that when there is only 25 people on that is easy, when there are thousands it will not work.

On their best day there were 79 members on, on our best day which was just last month there were 15,000+.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Ya this thread is done for. Hey TH tell crisp Bevo says hi if you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread