jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I can call this Treasure in the News, since allot of it is legal Counterfeits, (copies)
so I'll put it here.

first off Harrisburg PA
paid $8 million dollars for 10,000 cowboy and Native American artifacts.
as I said some are copies. in order to Build a Wild west Museum in the east :laughing9:

They are going up for auction.

The mayor says
the auction could raise as much as $6 million. In that case, the financially-strapped city would get as much as $3 million dollars.

Who gets the other $3,000,000 ? The Auctioneer ?

Am I the only one who thinks this Doesn't Compute ?

Sale of Wild West artifacts is on in the City of Harrisburg, will occur in July - CBS 21 News - Breaking news, sports and weather for the Harrisburg -York -Lancaster -Lebanon Pennsylvania area

more
[h=1]How the West Was Accumulated, Back East[/h]
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/08/us/08land.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, please help me here.

The city paid $8mill. for the artifacts, expects to realize $6mill. from a week long auction, and will get $3mill., for their financially strapped city. To me it seems easy to see how they became financially in the pits!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The city paid $8mill. for the artifacts, expects to realize $6mill. from a week long auction, and will get $3mill., for their financially strapped city. To me it seems easy to see how they became financially in the pits!

Yep GMD you made it much clearer that time. I was trying to find a way to make Jeff's thread easier to relate to. Good Job!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BINGO ! give the Man his Prize :laughing7:

What happend To The Royal Savage ?
18th Century,
He bought & Stored away in someone Garage
in pieces ?

rsavage.jpg

Rot, Fire wood on a Cold Night ?

From 2009

Harrisburg, Pa. - In a municipal garage owned by the City of Harrisburg is a pile of lumber that is the remains of the Royal Savage, the flagship of the most-famous traitor in American history, Benedict Arnold.

The Royal Savage was sunk in battle in 1776, salvaged in 1934, and purchased in 1995 by Mayor Stephen Reed for $42,500. The ship was supposed to be displayed in the National Civil War Museum. Reed said the Revolutionary War ship would have been part of a special exhibit.

http://blog.pressrepublican.com/arc...ed_the_mayor&catid=34:news-articles&Itemid=64

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western museum on the East coast?? I can see it in the weapons section "The sticks that won the West"
. You're never too old to learn something stu pid.
. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These people keep getting elected because the rest of us have to make an honest living, and they are the dregs of what's left. I find it hard to believe that individuals actually go to the Univ., major in poly sci, and want to be a politican???????? Power, prestige, money,(on the table, and under it), that's what seems to attract some. A personal agenda to a hot button subject draws others. All the reasons in the world, except the right one, serving those who elected them.

Another thought: how easy it is to make decisions when you are using other peoples money, "nothing ventured, everything gained"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread