Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined here to learn and talk about metal detecting and got side tracked. Why, if this is a metal detecting site, are there more off topic discussions than metal detecting conversations? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the forum?

Then read the names of the forums. I would think that on a treasure site, a forum called "everything else" might just be about oh everything else. Which by the way due to it's very nature can't have a thread that is off-topic.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined here to learn and talk about metal detecting and got side tracked. Why, if this is a metal detecting site, are there more off topic discussions than metal detecting conversations? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the forum?

Psy, as stated before, we have many forums, not all are related to detecting, if you have no interest in them you can move to ones that interest you...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

There's plenty information about that here, info galore. And also many other topics :)

You forgot to ask him if owned firearms....

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's plenty information about that here, info galore. And also many other topics :)

You forgot to ask him if owned firearms....

Oh! No!..Lol!..Fuel to the fire!:D

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum PsychMSN! Your timing is impeccable. I was recently banned from a different treasure detecting site because they wanted that site to be just about metal detecting and did not want to discuss other issues. They said something about my posts detracting from the site and ruining the purpose. Also, I posted a similiar thread over there and immediately had somebody ask me to prove my credentials. Crazy world we live in, full of coincidences.

If you are looking for help to destress from work then this is a great place. As for reading literature, I recommend "Caregiver burnout: The 36 hour day." If you have found other literature helpful I would be happy to consider adding them to my recommendation list.

If you have any questions about medicine in general then feel free to ask me. I always have the time to help a friend in need.

Crispin
Ps. Sorry it took me so long to respond I was busy with family over Memorial Weekend.
PPs. Something wicked this way comes.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin, I accept you as you are, your sometimes wild ideas, then sometimes those very valid points. We're all on this planet from diapers to depends. I've never noted that you in particular sounded off at all about your education and accomplishments - a very good attribute if you ask me :)

Every member here came with something to add - and sometimes thoughts we had never considered. And THAT is what makes this particular forum a hoot :)

And with that as well, we log off, sometimes having learned a great deal.

Keep 'em coming

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ADS,

Well said.....pretty much everyone has something or other to bring to the table.....and the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.....how's that for some deep thinking.....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Again,

Well, you all know my background from my Avatar.
Can we level the playing field before we debate?
What are your professional backgrounds?

Common sense,they tried to educate me out of it,but,to no avail,they did throw me out of school though,and,told me "never comeback", I showed them where the bear crapped in the buckwheat!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If everything was always all right, what a sad and boring place this would be. Just look at the movie stars. All that money and all that grief. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread