Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Good evening my friends,

I have had a couple of Guinness and it has been a hard week. However, that is the pretty much the normal for me so I attribute this post to no inspiration in particular. What I would like to talk about today is conflict.

Conflict is a part of life. No marriage is perfect and without arguments; for a marriage to succeed both partners must learn to work through disagreements. Raising a child is not a dictatorship; especially as they get older, learning to negotiate with children as they get older helps transition from the parent child role to the peer to peer role. We all now, that at the end the relationship can become reversed and the parent becomes the child and the child becomes the caretaker. I'm not looking to develop the full circle theory but it is a good analogy of the point I am trying to illlustrate.

We are all individuals, God bless and at his discretion. No two of us have the exact same views or opinions. I would like to use my friendship with Dieselram as an example. We started off completely on the wrong foot. We went toe to toe and head to head. However, we never stopped communicating with each other. Throughout this communication we found common ground and slowly become great friends. My friendship with Bevo, WorldTalker, Onfire, Bluedragon, FrankN, and others have developed in the same way. I don't share all the same views as any of these great men 100% of the time; but, we have learned to find common ground and from it develop trust and friendship.

If you wake up in the morning and expect everybody to agree with you then your life will be unhappy and lonely. We are all individual souls crafted from the great creator. Part of our destiny on earth is to learn to interact without slaughtering each other. Conflict is a part of life. When people are placed in positions of power to eliminate conflict by unilaterally exiling specific individuals then they become no worse then Germans stitching Stars of David on people and marching them off to places beyond comprehensible evil.

I am a very, very old, young man. I learn from friends, many of whom I consider amongst you. I alter my beliefs and behavior based on the input I receive. I always strive to improve myself. I am fallible. I hope that none of my faults are broken behind repair but I am willing to give credence to any rational statement to help me understand them.

I would like to give a very, very sincere thanks to my friend Treasure Hunter. After befriending me both of us have maintained an unconditional positive regard for each other. We have differed on views and opinions on politics in the world but we never doubted the sincerity of friendship at each other's core. Sometimes, you have to lose something to truly know how lucky you were. I am glad TreasureNet has extended me the liberty to grow, learn, and welcome be back.

It may be the Guinness, it may be the hard week, it may be the joy of seeing Scott and Bill post tunes for our enjoyment again; however, it is something.

Et nomine patri, et fili, spiritis sancti,
Via con dios,

Crispin

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Crisp..:)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love Guinness! :icon_thumright:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully not too much.Lol!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good evening my friends,

I have had a couple of Guinness and it has been a hard week. However, that is the pretty much the normal for me so I attribute this post to no inspiration in particular. What I would like to talk about today is conflict.

Conflict is a part of life. No marriage is perfect and without arguments; for a marriage to succeed both partners must learn to work through disagreements. Raising a child is not a dictatorship; especially as they get older, learning to negotiate with children as they get older helps transition from the parent child role to the peer to peer role. We all now, that at the end the relationship can become reversed and the parent becomes the child and the child becomes the caretaker. I'm not looking to develop the full circle theory but it is a good analogy of the point I am trying to illlustrate.

We are all individuals, God bless and at his discretion. No two of us have the exact same views or opinions. I would like to use my friendship with Dieselram as an example. We started off completely on the wrong foot. We went toe to toe and head to head. However, we never stopped communicating with each other. Throughout this communication we found common ground and slowly become great friends. My friendship with Bevo, WorldTalker, Onfire, Bluedragon, FrankN, and others have developed in the same way. I don't share all the same views as any of these great men 100% of the time; but, we have learned to find common ground and from it develop trust and friendship.

If you wake up in the morning and expect everybody to agree with you then your life will be unhappy and lonely. We are all individual souls crafted from the great creator. Part of our destiny on earth is to learn to interact without slaughtering each other. Conflict is a part of life. When people are placed in positions of power to eliminate conflict by unilaterally exiling specific individuals then they become no worse then Germans stitching Stars of David on people and marching them off to places beyond comprehensible evil.

I am a very, very old, young man. I learn from friends, many of whom I consider amongst you. I alter my beliefs and behavior based on the input I receive. I always strive to improve myself. I am fallible. I hope that none of my faults are broken behind repair but I am willing to give credence to any rational statement to help me understand them.

I would like to give a very, very sincere thanks to my friend Treasure Hunter. After befriending me both of us have maintained an unconditional positive regard for each other. We have differed on views and opinions on politics in the world but we never doubted the sincerity of friendship at each other's core. Sometimes, you have to lose something to truly know how lucky you were. I am glad TreasureNet has extended me the liberty to grow, learn, and welcome be back.

It may be the Guinness, it may be the hard week, it may be the joy of seeing Scott and Bill post tunes for our enjoyment again; however, it is something.

Et nomine patri, et fili, spiritis sancti,
Via con dios,

Crispin

I don't read latin to good,what did that last part say:icon_scratch:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't read latin to good,what did that last part say:icon_scratch:

You can watch the movie Boondock Saints Or.........
inghilterra1.gif
GO INTO ALL THE WORLD
YOU WILL BE MY WITNESS TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH
In the name of the father the son and the holy ghost.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You can watch the movie Boondock Saints Or.........
inghilterra1.gif
GO INTO ALL THE WORLD
YOU WILL BE MY WITNESS TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH
In the name of the father the son and the holy ghost.

I saw that movie years back.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin.

The greatest attribute the human race has is the ability to reason, and learn. Mostly we learn from our mistakes in life, and our successes. Frank Mosher wrote a Novel about live in the North Country of Vt., and at the moment the title escapes me,("sometimers disease"). The gist was that we in this reason must be prepared to fail; in our jobs, our marriages, in our finance, and in life in general. Because of this preparation, we are also prepared to pick ourselves up, start over, and succeed to new heights. Due to that we don't live in Ivory Towers, and the only pedestal we stand on is the one where we end up each day at our chosen career, be that manual labor, professional, or even in the public sector, we always strive to be the best we can be, and take offense to those that think otherwise.

Getting that rant off my chest, I want to repost that I join all the other's in saying we all welcome your wise input and knowledge!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with all you have said.
I do believe most of our learning is behind our mistakes! ! For me, someone who hates making mistakes, it is a sometimes a very painful journey!

PsychMSN

Greenie
May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the Guinness is doing a lot of talking...lol
Am I at the wrong place? I thought this was a metal detecting forum? Do we really need to talk about this stuff here?
Why all of the references to drinking as a way to solve problems? Guinness is not the answer nor are drugs.

" Raising a child is not a dictatorship; especially as they get older, learning to negotiate with children as they get older helps transition from the parent child role to the peer to peer role. We all now, that at the end the relationship can become reversed and the parent becomes the child and the child becomes the caretaker."

Just curious?
What is your experience in raising children? How many do you have? What are their ages?
I tend to like to know the background of someone before I acknowledge their advice.
I think that you have misspoken, the parent becomes a dependent elder and the child becomes a caregiver not caretaker. Caretaker is a word that is reserved for non-human objects; such as a caretaker of a garden. Just saying. I can recommend some good books for you if you're really interested.

Thanks

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think that you should consider finding out the people you are addressing before passing consultation!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear PSYCHMSN,
There are plenty of other MD threads if this one feels off topic!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I at the wrong place? I thought this was a metal detecting forum? Do we really need to talk about this stuff here?
Why all of the references to drinking as a way to solve problems? Guinness is not the answer nor are drugs.

" Raising a child is not a dictatorship; especially as they get older, learning to negotiate with children as they get older helps transition from the parent child role to the peer to peer role. We all now, that at the end the relationship can become reversed and the parent becomes the child and the child becomes the caretaker."

Just curious?
What is your experience in raising children? How many do you have? What are their ages?
I tend to like to know the background of someone before I acknowledge their advice.
I think that you have misspoken, the parent becomes a dependent elder and the child becomes a caregiver not caretaker. Caretaker is a word that is reserved for non-human objects; such as a caretaker of a garden. Just saying. I can recommend some good books for you if you're really interested.

Thanks

If your avatar is real wooooo be prepared!!!! To answer your Question on this being a treasure site You may pick up some information on what's going on. That can be a real treasure in a sense.....
Your curious questions? Are you with the IRS??:laughing7:

PsychMSN

Greenie
May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just curious?

Thanks

If you read correctly; I'm simply asking a "why" type of question in order to get to know the people that I'm talking to. You brought up a subject that I happen to know a good deal about.

Why the attack? Are you all normally this defensive and insecure or is this a situation of strength in numbers or a fear that someone in the room may know more than you?

I merely corrected someone who had used incorrect terminology so that they may not embarrass themselves again in the future among peers. I would like to think that they can respond for themselves and engage in a rational dialog.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read correctly; I'm simply asking a "why" type of question in order to get to know the people that I'm talking to. You brought up a subject that I happen to know a good deal about.

Why the attack? Are you all normally this defensive and insecure or is this a situation of strength in numbers or a fear that someone in the room may know more than you?

I merely corrected someone who had used incorrect terminology so that they may not embarrass themselves again in the future among peers. I would like to think that they can respond for themselves and engage in a rational dialog.

Attack? first time your ever being questioned? Fearing someone who knows more then we do? Not the case, we welcome any knowledge you can bring us.
And your right Crisp will be more then happy to answer you

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to take bb's path and let all this current stuff roll off..Boy is that hard!. Lol!:banghead::banghead:

PsychMSN

Greenie
May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Again,

Well, you all know my background from my Avatar.
Can we level the playing field before we debate?
What are your professional backgrounds?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several of us are mental health professionals. ..I am a therapist in private practice in Ca!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI..I am on this forum to enjoy my friends and meet new ones..that it!!

PsychMSN

Greenie
May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I joined here to learn and talk about metal detecting and got side tracked. Why, if this is a metal detecting site, are there more off topic discussions than metal detecting conversations? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the forum?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread