Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I do not want to be like the majority.I like being different you see.It is being different that may change something,not the same.I take the high road,i go against the grain.Whatever is accepted, i reject it.What is normal,i do not accept it.What is normal?What is right?what is wrong?This is what America is truly about.I am a rebel.I choose what i want or do,or say.If the majority does not agree,then i feel better,because i am moving further from the normal,accepted behavior.That makes me happy...

You better be careful. Some Inquisitor might take your words to mean you support all sorts of deviant practices ;)

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Like another post said, you can't predict them or prevent them...we can sure try!
Nerdy 2+2 people like myself figure their mind out and then let the proper authorities deal with it.
A doctor won't let a dangerous patient leave his office.. Good Doc!

The internet is my office.
I'll find the bad people!
Probably why I get calls from
000-000-0000
Someone has to do it and I don't know Fear.
I conquered fear long ago!

BC

P.s.
I'm as sane and aware as the rest of you.
Just deeply troubled.
Not all superheroes wear capes...some wear masks!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Your subconscious tells you something is amiss ?
Ever notice when you are on yutube you get recommended videos that are supposedly trending with 10 views.. that's a under the radar algorithm targeting you specifically
It wants your comments and likes to the comments ( farce ) that is already there!

A tip from a nerd.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
My friends,

No Guinness tonight as it is Thursday; however, Friday will be a different story. I have a splitting headache that starts at the front of my left eye, circles behind my ear, and goes down the side of my left neck. My wife cooked something with Sulfites on accident and this is what happens to me when I consume too many sulfites. Thus, I have moved to a quiet room, cued up some of Bill's music, and started the meditation process to let it go away. Distraction also helps.

Anybody seen Rebel? Does he know?

I once played a computer game called Might or Magic. It placed the quintessential forces of muscle vs. magic against each other and let the player choose which to conquer the undead. That was a long time ago.

I've been spinning some new theories around in my head. I've had the benefit of a vacation to refresh my batteries and the subsequent banning (behind me now Bill, don't worry) to test some of my new thoughts. This theory involves social media and my limited experiences with it. Is it better to have a social network that runs from bottom to top with the members controlling the content or is it better to have a social media from top to bottom where there is a supreme being that others must answer to?

Let me quickly add that this has nothing to do with TNET or its moderators. As all social medias must have moderator, rules, and regulations whether they are top down or bottom to tops. I am simply referring to the content of the media and whether it is produced from the bottom up or the up down.

The difference may seem slight at first; but upon further inspection can have profoundly various results. Some of you may have noticed that I am making a not so subtle analogy to government. Dictatorship vs. democracy. Ha! Who missed it? Be honest.

However, this is not about politics, it is just a simple analogy to social media. Just as Orson Wells merely wrote a book about pigs running a farm. I digress, back to subject. In an ideal social media network the content would be created by the members and then regulated from the top. This is the conclusion that I have reached in the last couple of days. In a non-ideal social media network the top would control what people talked about and when. The participants in the latter example would be nothing more than pawns to allow their voices to further the goals of the ones asking the questions.

I am proud to be a part of this network that allows me to ask my own questions and allows you, my friends, to give your own answers freely. Yes, it is a privately funded site. Yes, we are limited to what we discuss. However, for the most part we are allowed to discuss within reason, without fear of reprimand, without fear of being banned without an explanation.

Freedom, we all desire it. In a functioning society nobody is every 100% free. We must have rules and regulations. All desire the minimum restrictions on themselves; and, all desire the maximum regulations on others effecting their freedoms. Truly, a conundrum, without an answer across 5000-6000years of history.

I ramble. I apologize. My Headache still persists, so I will seek out other threads to exercise the rights afforded to me by TNET. Allow me to finish this humble post with a few simple statements. 1. Thank you TNET for your understanding. 2. Thank you to all my friends for allowing me to learn through you. 3. Thank you to TH for his wisdom. 4. HCB..."they are coming for you, there is no way out, they are coming." - Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring.

Crispin
And so...?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Why Not...?

Well, I have a great memory for writing styles and am tired of being trolled.
I mean when a user adds a comment and they have only made 27 comments in 10+ years..they didn't want their main moniker associated with their troll monikers.
It is very easy for a forensic handwriting expert to see.

You kinda know my past Rebel..
When people were hiding who they were that lured me into Hell as a kid.

I get it that some people, especially very well off financially like to hide..no problem with that.
Don't blame them!

But hiding who you are so that they can hurt others...NO.
We will find out and stick whoever needs to be in a rubber room!
Duty bound, just like Doc..

BC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread