Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was younger I played a game called "Magic: The gathering." The game was composed of two wizards battling against each other summoning various sources of magic via 'mana' to attack each other. In the end, only one would survive. In tournament style, it was you that survived or you that went home. I played in quite a few tournaments, made it to quite a few finals, and never won a single one. I attribute this mostly to my rule that I take my defeated opponent out to the bar next door and buy him a drink before I went into the next round. People loved playing me, people loved losing to me, people loved beating me...I never won a single tournament. Nobody knew, but my brother was also playing in the tournaments. I was winning, drinking, and carousing he was analyzing and gathering information. He won quite a few tournaments. Oddly enough, we never faced off in the finals. I wonder what the outcome would have been...

I thought about writing this rant Stream of Consciousness style, and I had quite a good mind to do so; until I realized that Squiggy was Freudian trained and I wasn't prepared to scare her that much. Thus, I'm going to half-ass this rant into a stream of consciousness mish-mash.

Let me start by saying that there are cards unturned and money on the table. I'm holding my cards and calling the bet. HCB, the next move is yours.

Wrath, vengeance, we all desire it, we all face it. It is a cardinal sin, one of the deadly seven. To deny the temptation is to deny being human. No one on this forum has yet to do that. (bare with me Chris, I haven't forgotten your lessons). There are some on this forum who are not as educated as others from a formal perspective and have no qualms pointing this out to people. It is rare that somebody rock my world with a profound one line statement but Alwayslookin did so. When a trap was laid for me he saw it...when I did not. He warned me, but I ignored his warning. Alwayslookin said to me, "Control your emotions or somebody else will." At the time I considered that to be hippie nonsense and blew it off. Hey, that is what youth does. However, in retrospect, I realize what he was trying to tell me and how valuable those words are. I have since incorporated it into my practice. It is so simple...yet, so complex. CONTROL your emotions or else SOMEBODY else will. Truly, this is not something that can be read in a book or learned from a professor.

Too much, too quick, not enough chain saws. Where do we all fit into this society? Left, right, or center; we are simply repeating patterns that have been played out over thousands of years. What makes our attempts any different from the ones before us? Nothing is my answer, you may come up with another solution. I know not what lays in front of me, and I barely understood what I have passed behind me. I have these words only to leave you with:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. And blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will Sheppard's the weak through the valley of darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost men. I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And, you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Crispin,

Ps....HCB, you know where I am...come and get me.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmmmm.... My kids played Magic the Gathering, and I was in my 40's then....

Geez Crispin, you're young!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should really have paid more attention in school..

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate magic, I look back and my youth disappeared.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was younger I played a game called "Magic: The gathering." The game was composed of two wizards battling against each other summoning various sources of magic via 'mana' to attack each other. In the end, only one would survive. In tournament style, it was you that survived or you that went home. I played in quite a few tournaments, made it to quite a few finals, and never won a single one. I attribute this mostly to my rule that I take my defeated opponent out to the bar next door and buy him a drink before I went into the next round. People loved playing me, people loved losing to me, people loved beating me...I never won a single tournament. Nobody knew, but my brother was also playing in the tournaments. I was winning, drinking, and carousing he was analyzing and gathering information. He won quite a few tournaments. Oddly enough, we never faced off in the finals. I wonder what the outcome would have been...

I thought about writing this rant Stream of Consciousness style, and I had quite a good mind to do so; until I realized that Squiggy was Freudian trained and I wasn't prepared to scare her that much. Thus, I'm going to half-ass this rant into a stream of consciousness mish-mash.

Let me start by saying that there are cards unturned and money on the table. I'm holding my cards and calling the bet. HCB, the next move is yours.

Wrath, vengeance, we all desire it, we all face it. It is a cardinal sin, one of the deadly seven. To deny the temptation is to deny being human. No one on this forum has yet to do that. (bare with me Chris, I haven't forgotten your lessons). There are some on this forum who are not as educated as others from a formal perspective and have no qualms pointing this out to people. It is rare that somebody rock my world with a profound one line statement but Alwayslookin did so. When a trap was laid for me he saw it...when I did not. He warned me, but I ignored his warning. Alwayslookin said to me, "Control your emotions or somebody else will." At the time I considered that to be hippie nonsense and blew it off. Hey, that is what youth does. However, in retrospect, I realize what he was trying to tell me and how valuable those words are. I have since incorporated it into my practice. It is so simple...yet, so complex. CONTROL your emotions or else SOMEBODY else will. Truly, this is not something that can be read in a book or learned from a professor.

Too much, too quick, not enough chain saws. Where do we all fit into this society? Left, right, or center; we are simply repeating patterns that have been played out over thousands of years. What makes our attempts any different from the ones before us? Nothing is my answer, you may come up with another solution. I know not what lays in front of me, and I barely understood what I have passed behind me. I have these words only to leave you with:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. And blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will Sheppard's the weak through the valley of darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost men. I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And, you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Crispin,

Well,glad you recall it,watch you're thinking,be aware you are thinking,observe,be a watcher, WAKE UP!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
WOG

Attachments

• wrath_of_god.jpg
    wrath_of_god.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 94

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
note, death is but a shadow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crispin,

all I got out of your post was Squiggy was Freudian trained ?

index.jpg

but what about Lenny ?

& what this has to do with Magic, or your title ? I don't know :dontknow:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
all I got out of your post was Squiggy was Freudian trained ?

View attachment 808420

but what about Lenny ?

& what this has to do with Magic, or your title ? I don't know :dontknow:

I don't know either. It wasn't a reference to Steinbeck but I can throw one in next time for you. You should play more games...good for your health.
Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread