How to use plants

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to read a good book spirit see if you can find a copy of "Indian uses of native plants" by Edith Van Allen Murphey.How to use plants for,Basketry,foods,famine foods,beverages,feasts,nuts,seeds,medicinal plants,ceremonial and magic,bows and arrows,dye plants,tanning hides,odds and ends,hair,tepees,tobacco.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Few people realize how powerful the plant kingdom is. Or how many plants are right under your nose. On my lil acre there are four. Three psychotropic and one poison.
There's no point in advising someone to see a Shaman as they aren't in the yellow pages. They also can fall under the heading of Pranksters. You know you can never trust a prankster. Anyway it goes after awhile on anything with a degree of potency you'll be on your own.
"Those that start out laughing know the terror in the end when they realize the JOKE, the great cosmic JOKE is on them" T Leary.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going on a guided "edible plants" walk on thurs night - ill let you know what i learn.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Going on a guided "edible plants" walk on thurs night - ill let you know what i learn.

Not sure SpritRelic was talking about eatable plants. More like psychotropic. Control of what people ingest isn't since the 60's it's been much longer. And America isn't alone. Pot for instance is illegal in every country on the planet. Just tolerated in some. Or ignored.
Probably the most liberal time for "Take what thou want" was until the early 1900's. Before that patent medicines contained all manner of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just scored this rare book last week........

P1110359.JPG

Looked it up on the net and couldn't find a copy anywhere.

Published in 1975.

This one goes into my collection!

P1110361.JPG

Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread