0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you read all of Asimov's works?

A while back the Ibank I worked for helped to raise money for the public company called irobot - they are the folks that make the robot vacuum called the roomba. What most people don't know is that they are also the largest manufacturer of the robots the army / police use to explode bombs, etc , etc. We had long discussions over the future of robotic use for military apps. It is unlikely that you will see autonomous robots being used in combat. At this point the military wants a human being controlling the actions. So will we see more robotic / unmanned combat vehicles - yes. But will it be like the movie or terminator - prob not in either of our lifetimes. Good question though. Was a pretty neat company.

As a side note I believe you will start seeing robotic home health sides with the aging of the baby bombers. It is being worked on as we speak and would be a huge market. Best.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw - the UN just asked for a global moratorium on the deployment of autonomous lethal systems. So your post is very very timely.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why would they use robots? people are cheaper and more numerous

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread